Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is preponed by a day. Now it is set for Feb 20th at 3pm!!!
Screenshot_20220216-201811.png

Why wouldn't you just keep it in the wireless charging spot?
My previous Teslas did not have the wireless charging spots. So I have no clue how easy it will be. I used cup phone holder or iOttie. Every item will shift a lot when I turn ( including passengers:D) in my previous S. I have to secure all the objects well

• Funny
Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Great photos and congrats! Is there a cigarette lighter plug in the center console?
Yes, there is a cigarette lighter socket between the 2 USB-C ports under the cupholders in the console. That is the only way to use an older USB-A phone charging cable with a lighter USB adapter since all other ports are USB-C.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you just keep it in the wireless charging spot?
The vents move air upwards in the vent area. I haven't found a way to attach a phone mount to that area. However, the wireless phone charger pads work great, and the phone just stays there, charges and does not fall off even under insane acceleration. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max without any case. The only reason why I am looking for a phone mount is to use Waze while driving.

Reactions: RxVanco and bhakan
Finally got my S delivered today. Was raining and sort of dirty when I got it so no good pics yet.

The car is worth the wait for all of you still waiting. At the same time I could have waited another quarter or two if I didn't have the miserable yoke and lack of stalks. I have to turn off a narrow alley into my garage. I basically have to do a lot of 3 point turns to get in without hitting anything. This is where the yoke is absolute garbage and having to slide your finger along the screen up and down to engage the forward and reverse just adds to the mess. You have to move it a surprisingly long way.

I had the Y out on the street so it would be easier to park the S the first time. Hopping back into the Y to park it immediately showed me how poorly the yoke and lack of stalks work in my situation. An easy tap up or down on the stalk (without looking) and keeping your hands on the wheel allowed me to park the car in about a quarter of the time. On the road, turning on side streets, the steering ratio is too slow so you end up turning the wheel a lot which puts you into the range of motion that isn't comfortable with the yoke while keeping your hands on the wheel. I am going to give it more of a chance but the only place I didn't hate it so far is on the highway.

Since it is a Tesla, there are obviously going to be some delivery issues. Unlike the unicorn my Y apparently was (nothing needed to be done at delivery) this one clearly had some issues. Fender is rubbing on the door whenever you open and close and paint is already rubbing off where they meet. The hood when viewed from the front isn't even remotely close to being level. Right at the narrowest part, from one side to the other, it drops a good half inch. Another mismatched alignment with another fender and body panel. Interior seemed good but it was raining so hard to tell everything. Missing cover in the back, charger and floormats.

Actually driving of the car is where you forget about all the stuff they should have gotten right before shipping the car. The power is very solid at all speeds. On the wet roads, not even getting hard on the throttle at 50 mph, it would cause the tires to break loose and engage the traction control. Haven't been able to make any full throttle runs yet but it definitely feels like it will be fun for a street car.

In a way I was lucky as the guy who dropped off the car was training a new guy. He was going around my car as well pointing out where the S's his delivered had issues in general. Based on what he was saying to the newbie, I feel pretty lucky. One other thing to check is look under the front bumper for scrapes. He was mentioning that a lot of them had them. I watched him pull my car up and he was very cautious with some big dips in the road. I know he didn't see me so he was just being cautious but apparently some have been delivered with issues.

The car is pretty amazing so hang in there. They really nailed so many things about it. I can live without the refreshed lights. Maybe they'll make even more changes throughout the year and I'll upgrade and take advantage of them later. Glad I have the car now and can enjoy it every day!

Finally got my S delivered today. Was raining and sort of dirty when I got it so no good pics yet.

The car is worth the wait for all of you still waiting. At the same time I could have waited another quarter or two if I didn't have the miserable yoke and lack of stalks. I have to turn off a narrow alley into my garage. I basically have to do a lot of 3 point turns to get in without hitting anything. This is where the yoke is absolute garbage and having to slide your finger along the screen up and down to engage the forward and reverse just adds to the mess. You have to move it a surprisingly long way.

I had the Y out on the street so it would be easier to park the S the first time. Hopping back into the Y to park it immediately showed me how poorly the yoke and lack of stalks work in my situation. An easy tap up or down on the stalk (without looking) and keeping your hands on the wheel allowed me to park the car in about a quarter of the time. On the road, turning on side streets, the steering ratio is too slow so you end up turning the wheel a lot which puts you into the range of motion that isn't comfortable with the yoke while keeping your hands on the wheel. I am going to give it more of a chance but the only place I didn't hate it so far is on the highway.

Since it is a Tesla, there are obviously going to be some delivery issues. Unlike the unicorn my Y apparently was (nothing needed to be done at delivery) this one clearly had some issues. Fender is rubbing on the door whenever you open and close and paint is already rubbing off where they meet. The hood when viewed from the front isn't even remotely close to being level. Right at the narrowest part, from one side to the other, it drops a good half inch. Another mismatched alignment with another fender and body panel. Interior seemed good but it was raining so hard to tell everything. Missing cover in the back, charger and floormats.

Actually driving of the car is where you forget about all the stuff they should have gotten right before shipping the car. The power is very solid at all speeds. On the wet roads, not even getting hard on the throttle at 50 mph, it would cause the tires to break loose and engage the traction control. Haven't been able to make any full throttle runs yet but it definitely feels like it will be fun for a street car.

In a way I was lucky as the guy who dropped off the car was training a new guy. He was going around my car as well pointing out where the S's his delivered had issues in general. Based on what he was saying to the newbie, I feel pretty lucky. One other thing to check is look under the front bumper for scrapes. He was mentioning that a lot of them had them. I watched him pull my car up and he was very cautious with some big dips in the road. I know he didn't see me so he was just being cautious but apparently some have been delivered with issues.

The car is pretty amazing so hang in there. They really nailed so many things about it. I can live without the refreshed lights. Maybe they'll make even more changes throughout the year and I'll upgrade and take advantage of them later. Glad I have the car now and can enjoy it every day!
Congrats! Thx for the heads up. I may have to practice the yoke steering as I park in reverse in my driveway and turning from street is tight when a car is parked on the street. I also have to watch the curb. My neighbors will have free entertainment at the beginning 😂.

Congrats Tim

I have WeatherTech in my legacy MS and they work fine but smells bad for a few days. Does the Tesla one has the bad plastic smell?
The Tesmanian ones sure do.

I purchased from a forum member, s I can't tell you what Tesla charges for these.

There is a lot of info, including part numbers and pricing over on this thread:

Which thread?

Does anyone have a driveway with a considerable curb? If so, does the car set to very high & the auto location aware suspension take care of that?
When you manually adjust the suspension for the first time, it will ask you if you want to always adjust to that height at that location. Simply say yes and it will auto adjust in the future.

Does anyone have a driveway with a considerable curb? If so, does the car set to very high & the auto location aware suspension take care of that?
In my previous MS I did set the height to "high" near my driveway and it will raise it automatically. I did that to couple of speed bumps too on my street. Worked well. My driveway has this arch. So, I have to adjust to "very high" sometimes.

Reactions: VikH