Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed again this morning to Mar. 7-31 (from Feb. 23-March 9); however, in the app it now says "check back later" where it previously said "We are building your car." Does that mean anything different? Have they actually built the car or is this a change with the recent app update?
MSLR blue/black/19/no FSD/RN1154... ordered August 1. Midwest.

My EDD changed again this morning to Mar. 7-31 (from Feb. 23-March 9); however, in the app it now says "check back later" where it previously said "We are building your car." Does that mean anything different? Have they actually built the car or is this a change with the recent app update?
The only sure way to know the car is built is to get a VIN.

I think they changed it so people wouldn’t think they were getting their car soon.

Reactions: Schwartzd
Good luck.

I agree with everything you say here. There are challenges along this process (first world problems, I know) but in the end it will definitely be worth it. I always tell my kids that the anticipation and the process are part of the journey so am trying to be positive about all of this the best I can.

I have not even seen a refreshed model s or x in the wild, yet even had the opportunity to sit in one or test drive one. I drive an ICE car now. I had to drive 2 hours to test a performance model 3 and was sold. Was going to test drive some more cars that day and quickly canceled them all. Next day, in June, I was on the phone and ordered one. Delivery date at that time was September/October. So the journey had begun.

Now I sit here 8 months after my order. My kid who who is legal driving age now has my old ICE. I am driving around a Chevy spark, no joke, rental car as the upgrade would have been 500/month more. I pray everyday I don't wreck the thing as I am sure the safety rating is not great. Yet I am thankful I have something to look forward to in the near future even though it is a painful dangling carrot at this point. I am even seeing people on this thread I thought I forsure would have had a car before getting VINs (@Rikster 😂)

Bottom, line be thankful you have something to look forward too, to keep you sane, don't be surprised if your delivery is 9 months after your order date (set low expectations) and practice a lot of patience along the way. This EDD process is soooo unpredictable.
I definitely agree on the first world problems and the encouragement to enjoy the journey. I’m grateful to have the view of other experiences to help temper expectations.

We have a program with the utility company where you can “subscribe” to have an EV on a monthly basis. I tried that with a 2020 Model X LR and that not only confirmed the interest, but also the experience. Those are also keeping me at bay - having some sense of what’s to come … whenever it does indeed come. Appreciate the message.

My EDD got pushed back into late March, and then a week later I got a VIN and I was able to schedule a delivery date of 2/25! So there may be hope for those of you who got pushed from Feb to March recently! I'm so excited to pick up my car next week!

I had previously indicated I'd pay cash for the car, but called Tesla today so they could change me back to financing. I was able to get 72 months at Navy Federal Credit union at 2.04%, which I'm pretty happy with.

Took delivery today. VIN 470. Black/White interior, 19in continental all seasons. Tesla Highland Park, IL . Besides a tiny rock chip near the driver front wheel (car needs standard mudflaps) the car was nearly flawless. Delivery beyond easy. So much tighter build, quieter and smoother then our prior 18 model x, model Y and 3. Certainly worth the wait. @2MuchLala hang in there.
Honestly, I’m not sure what I’m going to check on my phone now. Every morning I would wake up and check my account and this site for the last 7 + months. The distraction this journey allowed from politics and the grind of thinking about COVID was appreciated. Best of luck everyone and thanks to all those that shared their early experiences. @omarsultan (my favorite zoom all time was seeing your early plaid )

Took delivery today. VIN 470. Black/White interior, 19in continental all seasons. Tesla Highland Park, IL . Besides a tiny rock chip near the driver front wheel (car needs standard mudflaps) the car was nearly flawless. Delivery beyond easy. So much tighter build, quieter and smoother then our prior 18 model x, model Y and 3. Certainly worth the wait. @2MuchLala hang in there.
Honestly, I’m not sure what I’m going to check on my phone now. Every morning I would wake up and check my account and this site for the last 7 + months. The distraction this journey allowed from politics and the grind of thinking about COVID was appreciated. Best of luck everyone and thanks to all those that shared their early experiences. @omarsultan (my favorite zoom all time was seeing your early plaid )
Awesome, congratulations!

Fantastic! It‘s good to read a good experience. Now, good luck finding a hobby to take up all the time you used to spend on this thread.

Thanks man. I’m picking up same location if I ever get a vin. If you’re in the area and feel like showing off your car hit me up

Outstanding! I'm hoping my identical car (black/white/19s) is as flawless as yours is! I'm so thankful for this long journey to be nearly over! I have been checking the Tesla Ap and my online account at least 10 times a day for the past 3-4 months (since my first EDD was approaching). Not sure what I'll do for entertainment now... Maybe just enjoy driving my new car?

Please post some photos of your car when you get a chance, @KB498. Hope you get your VIN soon, @2MuchLala! I'll be picking my car up next week and will be sure to shoot some nice photos as soon as I can to share.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Outstanding! I'm hoping my identical car (black/white/19s) is as flawless as yours is! I'm so thankful for this long journey to be nearly over! I have been checking the Tesla Ap and my online account at least 10 times a day for the past 3-4 months (since my first EDD was approaching). Not sure what I'll do for entertainment now... Maybe just enjoy driving my new car?

Please post some photos of your car when you get a chance, @KB498. Hope you get your VIN soon, @2MuchLala! I'll be picking my car up next week and will be sure to shoot some nice photos as soon as I can to share.
The fact I have the same build and no vin is a little worrisome. If they made a batch of these and I didn’t get lent he wait is going to be that much longer.

Wider EDD than ever now. March 2 to March 30
I went through the same thing in November/December. Actually entered a 4 day window at the end of the year. Then I got the call from an SA, they had a match, was I ready. Then they assigned the MF428 VIN and tried to deliver it a few times before the year ended. This event seemed to change the timing of my order in hindsight. They couldn't update the firmware so it could be deliverable. The Delivery manager said they'd have to remove the VIN going into 2022, but it would be put back within a week. I was in contact with Tesla for another 2 weeks while they were "waiting for parts" to remedy the firmware issue. At that point I told them I'd just wait for my original order to come through. The VIN was never returned to my account and my EDD went from mid January to a 4 week window in April and hasn't budged.
The lack of clarity from Tesla and what I read here on a daily basis makes me think being in the Midwest adds a month or two to the EDD of most orders. If I get delivery within the 10 month window I'll be surprised.

Reactions: Midwst modlS