Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD reverted back to "July" for a third time! Gut reaction was to get super excited but I think cautious optimism is probably best to protect my sanity given the wild EDD swings haha 🤞

Model S LR | RN1162 | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3, "July 2022", 12/13 - 2/7, "July 2022"
I’m a 1161, mine says June. Ordered in November.

I’ve seen a few 1158 and more recently 1158’s being assigned/ delivered. Taking this as a good sign.

Received a VIN last Wednesday. Today my EDD updated from May 31st to June 4th to May 25th to May 30th. The next couple weeks are tight for me therefore I did call the Kansas City Tesla store to be proactive and they were super helpful. In addition I do have a three to four hour drive to pick up the car.

He told me he did not know why the EDD updated today to an earlier date as the car is scheduled to arrive May 31st from Chicago. He said he could not technically schedule delivery until June 1st or after. Therefore I did schedule for pickup on June 2nd. With that being said he said the pickup times are super flexible. He did state that they are open Memorial Day but not Sunday. He stated if the car was received by memorial Day I could pick it up that day or any day that week. He states it is very flexible to pick a time to come in and pick it up and are always happy to get it off the lot faster.

That was fairly relieving for me as I thought they were pretty strict on the date and time and given my schedule next week this could be a problem.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

Just got word my car has been delivered to the store in Orlando but I still haven’t been contacted to set up a pickup date/time. Presumably it needs to be inspected and the rep over the phone said likely another week. Has anyone had luck heading to the dealer to try and arrange something quicker. I’m not sure how to contact the store directly, all the online numbers just take you to the generic Tesla line. Thanks in advance! I’ll keep you all posted when I finally get to actually pick it up.

Reactions: ccc001
Maybe not insane, but since Elon is busy with Optimus and now Twitter, he went from could care less about the Model S, to couldn't care less...
Very true! As a two car Tesla owner, stock owner since 2018, I find his need to go after Twitter, more personal and less of a business strategy. Especially, when his$100k+ products have so many issues, get theS perfect and everyone here will be happy. Seems like another distraction as the stock market has obviously spoken.

Reactions: aerodyne
EDD disappeared again this morning! Hoping that's a good thing based on the other posts here
Came back today... July 24 - September 18 😮‍💨

Model S LR | RN1155 | Blue/Black | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 8/28/21 | Illinois | No VIN | EDD March-April, April-May, June-July, July-August, July-September

I wanted this car soooo bad for this summer when I ordered it. But good things come to those who wait. Patience is a virtue. Etc.

Annnnnnd right on cue another EDD seesaw. 😩. Toying with our emotions here! Lol

Model S LR | RN1162 | White/White | 19s | +FSD | Ordered 12/18/21 | EDD "July 2022", 6/16-7/14, 7/21-9/15, 9/8-11/3, "July 2022", 12/13 - 2/7, "July 2022", 11/23 - 2/15

There is some loose correlation that I can see, over the last 18 months, that the lower priced trims have longer EDD's, and shorter EDD's are possible closer you are to Fremont.

Just think of how much you current and future car might appreciate in value over the next 6-9 months.

Why greater than zero chance? Supply is still tight
I think he means that prices will increase on new orders for Model S. It has happened twice since my order in June 2021.

Also, my trade value continues to increase. Tesla has changed the trade evaluation process, so you can’t request it online anymore. The last time I did that was July 2021. The value I just got for them for my pending delivery June 7 was $1k more, for the same vehicle. That 2016 vehicle has about 4500 more miles on it now too.

Reactions: aerodyne
I think he means that prices will increase on new orders for Model S. It has happened twice since my order in June 2021.

Also, my trade value continues to increase. Tesla has changed the trade evaluation process, so you can’t request it online anymore. The last time I did that was July 2021. The value I just got for them for my pending delivery June 7 was $1k more, for the same vehicle. That 2016 vehicle has about 4500 more miles on it now too.
^^^ This

There is some loose correlation that I can see, over the last 18 months, that the lower priced trims have longer EDD's, and shorter EDD's are possible closer you are to Fremont.

Just think of how much you current and future car might appreciate in value over the next 6-9 months.
I would drive to Fremont from Wisconsin just to pick up this car if it meant I could have it within the next month. I'm being deadass.