Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some delivery info that might help. Best I can do for now

TL:DR;

Some evidence in SoCal that deliveries are picking up, and there won't be the huge backlog of cars being pushed This EoQ.

The details:

MS LR ordered 10-8-21, RN 115799, call it 1158.

EDD steady at April-May. Then pulled back suddenly mid Jan to end of Jan.

Put car on hold to May 10. Lifted hold during store visit May 9th.

EDD went from "Maybe this week" to Dec - Feb on the way walking out the store!

After a week, EDD went back to May -June.

Another week, got a VIN, next day, DD appt.

Car was born 5-18 within hours of my birthday 🎉. At the store now, 15 miles on the clock. All set for pick up next Tuesday the 31st.

Film at 11...

Some delivery info that might help. Best I can do for now

TL:DR;

Some evidence in SoCal that deliveries are picking up, and there won't be the huge backlog of cars being pushed This EoQ.

The details:

MS LR ordered 10-8-21, RN 115799, call it 1158.

EDD steady at April-May. Then pulled back suddenly mid Jan to end of Jan.

Put car on hold to May 10. Lifted hold during store visit May 9th.

EDD went from "Maybe this week" to Dec - Feb on the way walking out the store!

After a week, EDD went back to May -June.

Another week, got a VIN, next day, DD appt.

Car was born 5-18 within hours of my birthday 🎉. At the store now, 15 miles on the clock. All set for pick up next Tuesday the 31st.

Film at 11...
I'm 1158

Reactions: aerodyne
I'd be suffering from whiplash from all that back and forth!

Congratulations - hope it's a smooth delivery and that you love the car!

Signed, fellow "1158" order number holder...
I am extremely lucky
I'd be suffering from whiplash from all that back and forth!

Congratulations - hope it's a smooth delivery and that you love the car!

Signed, fellow "1158" order number holder...

I have nothing to complain about, compared to some others that ordered on battery day and took over a year just to get a damaged car!

What I have observed is early orders don't always get their car sooner than late orders...

If you have an order in, your price is locked in.

Greater than zero chance that prices will increase this year.

I don't know about your current vehicle, but my car has gained 15% in value in the 18 months.
Didn’t folks say something similar about TLSA.

Based on what I’ve seen lately is things look flatter. If you got a brand new car. At todays new high price. You’d be lucky to break even. Asking prices mean nothing.

Thinks might go up, they might tank too. FED is working hard to slow things down. I hope it slows down because it’s not sustainable and the longer it climbs the harder the fall will be.

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Didn’t folks say something similar about TLSA.

Based on what I’ve seen lately is things look flatter. If you got a brand new car. At todays new high price. You’d be lucky to break even. Asking prices mean nothing.

Thinks might go up, they might tank too. FED is working hard to slow things down. I hope it slows down because it’s not sustainable and the longer it climbs the harder the fall will be.
Cars are a depreciating asset. We are in a car bubble right now.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Cars are a depreciating asset. We are in a car bubble right now.
Agreed. Has not happened for 40 years. But if you are locked in at a price 10k below asking, why not make use of it?

Of course, if Tesla gave me a good build and stood behind it with any like decent service, I would not considered selling the car I have on order.

My last new car will turn 27 this year, still runs and is my trash hauler. More important, the savings from same lets me be financially independent now.

MS LR Delivery, or rejection of delivery, will occur Tuesday. MX next year as a back up. Nose cone car forever if the MX is a reject.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Agreed. Has not happened for 40 years. But if you are locked in at a price 10k below asking, why not make use of it?

What does that have to do with anything? What’s to make use of?

I got $10K below list at time of purchase (current price). There is nothing to take advantage of. Prices go up, they go up. I’m not ordering another.

What does that have to do with anything? What’s to make use of?

I got $10K below list at time of purchase (current price). There is nothing to take advantage of. Prices go up, they go up. I’m not ordering another.

Would you prefer to wait after the bubble has past, and your current car is out of warranty, and then order at the current price and wait a year?

Of course, if Tesla gave me a good build and stood behind it with any like decent service, I would not considered selling the car I have on order.

My last new car will turn 27 this year, still runs and is my trash hauler. More important, the savings from same lets me be financially independent now.

MS LR Delivery, or rejection of delivery, will occur Tuesday. MX next year as a back up. Nose cone car forever if the MX is a reject.
I know guys like you. They drive the same car for a long time and have a nice bank roll. Well done!

I find it's good to call the store direct, not the delivery center. Use the new car sales line, not the delivery line.

TL;DR:

There is little communication not just to customers, but between segments of the sales and delivery center.

Long version:

DD was set last week for next Tuesday the 31st. Yesterday, got a call saying my car was at the store (I knew that already) and ready for pickup at various times today, the latest was 1:00PM, "Would I like to get the car tommorow and enjoy the weekend?"

I declined, told them please don't change anything.

Called the delivery line again at 2PM, was assured that that car was ready for pickup.

Called the store, and they said it was still in inspection.

I offered to reschedule to a later date, they declined, said it "Should" be ready by then. We shall see...

• Informative
Reactions: JakesterMcZap