Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share what i heard from my SA from Santana Row, CA.

He said they are 100% prioritizing plaid over long range until September. He even went as far as to say that non of the LR models will be delivered until September. Sounded like BS to me.

Also, he mentioned that they are stopping all deliveries at the Fremont factory and will instead do pop up shops all over the Bay Area.

I ordered a LR MSM white interior with tempest wheels on 5/17. He said ill most likely get my car in September.

He said they are 100% prioritizing plaid over long range until September. He even went as far as to say that non of the LR models will be delivered until September. Sounded like BS to me.

Also, he mentioned that they are stopping all deliveries at the Fremont factory and will instead do pop up shops all over the Bay Area.

I ordered a LR MSM white interior with tempest wheels on 5/17. He said ill most likely get my car in September
I’ve learned that whenever I hear an SA say exactly what it says on the website I should disregard it lol. Still at blank.

I ordered a LR MSM white interior with tempest wheels on 5/17. He said ill most likely get my car in September.
Welcome to the forum. Rule 1: SAs know just about nothing and nobody trusts what they say. Lol we know LRs are getting VINs and deliveries scheduled.

Welcome to the group. As the previous messages indicate, SAs have no useful information and if you talk to ten you’ll get ten different answers.

What you were told about no LR deliveries until September seems impossible. There are unfilled orders going more than six months back from yours, so, they aren’t going to start delivering until the month they promised you? That means six months plus of orders in one month. Good luck with that.

We have a number of members who say they’ve already received LR VINs and have delivery appointments over the next ten days. We’ll know by July 1 if that holds up. Hopefully so, it would be bad news of what you were told is true.

So we are both in Cali and I ordered Oct 2020. But you have 21's and I have 19's. Seeing a pattern here.
I don't think the gray 19's are ready yet. Yet to see any in real life.
Actually im in Massachusetts now..so delivery to East Coast

Delivery date June 23-29 holding = yeah could be the color maybe Black is the easiest color to get started on a new production with …lets see how it comes together over the next week for a bunch of us.

Just a feeling but it does seem that they are getting pretty serous now on deliveries coming soon.

Totally the same here also, miles are key for me, every single little ones since you really don't get what is advertise and they do degrade. It makes the difference around getting to a SC with super anxiety or being able to get ~4 hours to my parents without having to stop for 40 mins or at all.

The key thing as well is that even with a MS LR, your faster than just about 99% other cars you encounter on the road still anyway.
Bingo. I am aligned with you guys. Ordered LR instead of Plaid for the extra range. 3.0 secs 0-60 is plenty, and I will never drive it at 155MPH. I will use the $50K savings to buy an X for my wife. Also, my delivery date has been blank for 2 months, and was changed to "August" this morning. Ordered it on 3/23/21.

Last edited:
We know they are building LR as well as Plaid and they are assigning/delivering LR meow, so the SA is full of it to say that no LR will be delivered until September. I can guarantee mine will not be delivered in September - it will be cancelled before I wait from January to September with these shenanigans.

My account is still holding at BLANK

I ordered my LR on 1/29 and this morning my estimated delivery went from blank to Estimated Delivery: June 26 - June 30 and I have a VIN.

I will update the spreadsheet.
Model? Color int/ext? RN#? Wheels? Your location?

All of these things are very important to other members. Especially if you can put it on your account so it shows on your posts.

89497021-44B7-4715-8C2E-69352A835601_1_201_a.jpeg
87181B41-FFC7-4D8E-BB3C-982D37186C2C_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited: