Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update

all set to collect this Saturday June 26th in the morning EST….LR Black/Cream , 21”, FSD

process going smoothly so far :) - will post images etc here upon pickup.

2 things that i can share though

1- i did have to reapply for credit - doing a lease - which was pretty painless
2- i tried to order the standard Tesla Model S Spoiler - just like that look - but was told that it doesnt fit the new LR Model S - i guess they will be coming out with a new spoiler that fits.

Saw a couple at the service center today on Westheimer in Houston. Interior does seem like a big upgrade. Exterior not so much but those side cameras look huge. I do believe they should make the chrome delete optional.

Looking forward to the reviews. I’m a year into my 2020MSLR but I’m definitely going to test drive this new LR model whenever it’s available.

Reactions: croman and cwanja
Jumping the off-topic bandwagon …..

We ordered pre-refresh and our original plan was to get Tempest wheels at delivery, then buy slipstreams immediately afterwards. Slipstreams are the perfect combo of improved looks while maintaining durability. We came REALLY close to ordering the slipstreams while waiting. Obviously we dodged a bullet there since they won’t fit the refresh.

I’m holding out hope that they’ll have a refresh-compatible alternative like slipstream within a few months.
Me too!

Latest update

all set to collect this Saturday June 26th in the morning EST….LR Black/Cream , 21”, FSD

process going smoothly so far :) - will post images etc here upon pickup.

2 things that i can share though

1- i did have to reapply for credit - doing a lease - which was pretty painless
2- i tried to order the standard Tesla Model S Spoiler - just like that look - but was told that it doesnt fit the new LR Model S - i guess they will be coming out with a new spoiler that fits.
Where are you picking the car up? I had my delivery changed to Fremont factory direct hoping that would help. So far, nope.

I am going to be sad and alone in this forum come August, without a Tesla, typing to myself what the most updated delivery timeframe is in my account while you're all trailblazing enjoying the yoke steering wheel gliding through your hands
Don’t worry, I bet a whole new group of friendly, optimistic, bright eyed fools will have joined to see you off. Circle of life.

• Funny
Reactions: Fwizzy and fldude
Wow, I actually got a text message from Tesla!! Just 8 minutes ago!

“Tesla Update - We expect your Model S to be built and delivered within the next few weeks. We will reach out when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.

We appreciate your patience with shifting delivery timing and look forward to delivering your Model S soon.”

EDIT: I don’t think it means anything. Someone in the other thread who currently has an ETA of September also got it.

Reactions: legend_of_jim
Wow, I actually got a text message from Tesla!! Just 8 minutes ago!

“Tesla Update - We expect your Model S to be built and delivered within the next few weeks. We will reach out when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment.

We appreciate your patience with shifting delivery timing and look forward to delivering your Model S soon.”

EDIT: I don’t think it means anything. Someone in the other thread who currently has an ETA of September also got it.

Legend of jim. Congratulations. I ordered a day before you for Santa Barbara delivery. Been dealing with them since I ordered. Was there today and saw their first plaid MSM / blk 21” delivery. Didn’t get a chance to take pictures because the customer was picking it up right then. Are you dealing with Santa Barbara?? Did you order 21”. Now my hopes are up that I might get a text soon. I did order the fsd but I ordered 19”. Best of luck to you. I’ll be following you closely.

Legend of jim. Congratulations. I ordered a day before you for Santa Barbara delivery. Been dealing with them since I ordered. Was there today and saw their first plaid MSM / blk 21” delivery. Didn’t get a chance to take pictures because the customer was picking it up right then. Are you dealing with Santa Barbara?? Did you order 21”. Now my hopes are up that I might get a text soon. I did order the fsd but I ordered 19”. Best of luck to you. I’ll be following you closely.
Hey! Glad to hear SB got their first plaid. Yup, I’ll be picking up there. I do have 21s. No FSD. MSM / black interior. LR of course. I’m sure we’ll be getting our vins soon! Idk if you saw my previous post, but my SA was somehow able to determine my S is forecasted to be built within 1-2 weeks. No idea if it’s really true, but he had never mentioned that before. You should reach out to yours!

They are the exact same car, with a Plaid having a few exceptions - third motor, ventilation on the seat bolster, different color stitching.

Beyond that, the UI is the same. LR obviously does not have Plaid acceleration mode. But beyond that, it’s all the same.
Yes. I realize there is little difference ... however there has to be some differences on the way that page is displayed. I'm just curious as nobody has any pics of the LR interface that I've seen posted anywhere, just one comment that drag strip mode is there. Curious also if it does Cheetah mode when you launch on the LR as well. But with no pics or confirmation anywhere just curious. Seems all the LR deliveries that have happened suddenly stopped checking the forum (as they should haha)

Hey! Glad to hear SB got their first plaid. Yup, I’ll be picking up there. I do have 21s. No FSD. MSM / black interior. LR of course. I’m sure we’ll be getting our vins soon! Idk if you saw my previous post, but my SA was somehow able to determine my S is forecasted to be built within 1-2 weeks. No idea if it’s really true, but he had never mentioned that before. You should reach out to yours!