Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 21s on the LR are all weather as well. Confirmed today with my SA when I updated from 19s. Only the Plaid has performance/summer tires with the 21s OEM

I do not believe this is correct. The manual only lists a single tire option for the 21s, and they’re summer / three-season performance tires. Only the 19s list both summer and all-season options, and even there it’s unclear what they’ll actually deliver and how they’ll divide those up (if they do at all).

I had suspected the 21s would come with summer tires on both models, and the 19s would have summer tires on the Plaid and all-seasons on the LR. However, it would also make sense to tailor the choice by region. That sounds logistically more challenging, so it’s possible that is the plan but also perhaps part of the reason they’re starting with the 21s where they don’t have to worry about differentiating tires.

A cautionary note about VINs appearing and disappearing. When I ordered my wife's M3P back in 2018, we got crazy low financing from our Credit Union (1.39% if I recall correctly) based on the VIN that was provided on the website and the sales contract from the website, and the CU cut a check for us to take to delivery. Tesla knew we were getting CU financing. When we arrived for delivery they said 'oops, that car was redirected elsewhere, here's yours, identically configured but with a different VIN'. They let us keep the car but we had to go back to the CU to re-do the financing and the special interest rate was no longer available. After some complaining to Tesla they cut a check for the difference in interest cost over the life of the loan (~$700).

Bottom line - if you obtain your own financing, check the VIN on the car at delivery. You don't want your bank to have a security interest in someone else's car and vice versa!!

I do not believe this is correct. The manual only lists a single tire option for the 21s, and they’re summer / three-season performance tires. Only the 19s list both summer and all-season options, and even there it’s unclear what they’ll actually deliver and how they’ll divide those up (if they do at all).

I had suspected the 21s would come with summer tires on both models, and the 19s would have summer tires on the Plaid and all-seasons on the LR. However, it would also make sense to tailor the choice by region. That sounds logistically more challenging, so it’s possible that is the plan but also perhaps part of the reason they’re starting with the 21s where they don’t have to worry about differentiating tires.

As per the SAs in Warwick RI SC, it’s a fact. If it’s not, they will be replacing them at delivery as that’s what I was told along with someone else here who stated the same thing.

Reactions: hcdavis3
A bit of good news. RN1141, LR, MSM, black, 21’s, FSD. Ordered 10/20 Portland Oregon.
ED blank, then June, then blank.
Notified Thursday night VIN assigned make final payment.
Friday AM received request to schedule delivery. Time slots offered for Monday and Tuesday, chose Tuesday 4PM as best fit for our schedule.
Listed 2015 85D for sale on Craigslist at 8:30 AM. Sold, Cashiers Check deposited by 2:30 PM.
Sunday AM made final payment via Plaid.
Fingers crossed my luck holds.

A bit of good news. RN1141, LR, MSM, black, 21’s, FSD. Ordered 10/20 Portland Oregon.
ED blank, then June, then blank.
Notified Thursday night VIN assigned make final payment.
Friday AM received request to schedule delivery. Time slots offered for Monday and Tuesday, chose Tuesday 4PM as best fit for our schedule.
Listed 2015 85D for sale on Craigslist at 8:30 AM. Sold, Cashiers Check deposited by 2:30 PM.
Sunday AM made final payment via Plaid.
Fingers crossed my luck holds.
Congratulations! Happy to see a an October order finally rewarded! If you wouldn’t mind adding your details to the tracker @omarsultan created, it sure would be appreciated! It helps give us some clues-potentially at least!

As per the SAs in Warwick RI SC, it’s a fact. If it’s not, they will be replacing them at delivery as that’s what I was told along with someone else here who stated the same thing.

SAs don’t always deal in facts 😉

Does anyone here who’s received their LR have all season tires on their Arachnids? I doubt it, or we would have heard something about it I’m sure.

You'll either take the car with the tires it comes with or you will be leaving without a car. (I'm not even sure there are AS tires that fit the 21" wheels at this time.)

• Funny
Reactions: JaeTheDev
Forgot to add. Notified SA on Saturday AM regarding pricing. MVPA did not reflect the $2k pre refresh order discount or the $2k FSD discount if ordered prior to price increase. By Saturday PM the MVPA was updated. 4K listed on line 1c Other Adjustments.

Congratulations! Happy to see a an October order finally rewarded! If you wouldn’t mind adding your details to the tracker @omarsultan created, it sure would be appreciated! It helps give us some clues-potentially at least!
Done.

On my 3rd delivery date, June 30 (the last 2 were last week). I have 19 wheels. SA told me that is the holdup, have to replace the wheels. I guess I'll just hang in there, hope this one holds up