Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not mine...but I spotted this beauty while driving by the Tesla Service Center Lot in Chicago.

Attachments

• 20210628_141054.jpg
    20210628_141054.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210628_141040.jpg
    20210628_141040.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Tesla Model S LR Refresh Sticker.jpg
    Tesla Model S LR Refresh Sticker.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 75
Yes. Got my VIN nearly 2 weeks ago
That's awesome news. When you do take delivery, would be much appreciated if you could post some pics of the wheels with the caps on and off. I want to see the color of the tempest alloys underneath. Rumored to be charcoal which would be a great look. Thanks.
Not mine...but I spotted this beauty while driving by the Tesla Service Center Lot in Chicago.
My config as well holy *sugar* does that look nice. No more chrome = stunning.

Reactions: Aplus2005 and JimLL
My first reaction is they want my money now to make it count towards Q1 and deliver in August.
But then I have the VIN, so the car exists and no reason to deliver in August.
Was your EDD August before you got the VIN? Perhaps that part hasn’t been updated. Those dates are notoriously unreliable.

Taking your money without delivering the car until August won’t help them in Q2. They need to produce and deliver the car in June in order to record that revenue in Q2.

I would be curious how usable back screen is with media.
  • Can you pair headphones to it so audio of rear doesnt use speakers for whole car
  • Can you have parallel audio playing between back and front...
I ask these question as a parent that doesnt want to hear baby shark or movie playing the time on a trip
Tesla Raj did a YouTube video that included testing this out…apparently needs a software update.

Was your EDD August before you got the VIN? Perhaps that part hasn’t been updated. Those dates are notoriously unreliable.

Taking your money without delivering the car until August won’t help them in Q2. They need to produce and deliver the car in June in order to record that revenue in Q2.
Its been blank for at least a couple of months.
Good thing is that it just changed to July 01- July 04!

There was a question earlier if the LR pulls at highway speeds. The answer is hell yes. Absolutely. This thing is demonic. I love it.

I was doing 55 on the highway today and stepped on it (not even pedal to the floor) and was at 90 in a heartbeat.

I used to drive a 2011 Audi S5 with the 4.2L V8. Not exactly a slouch. But this LR would dust it without breaking a sweat.

Light turning yellow up ahead? No problem. Need to merge? Piece of cake. Anything you need the car to do in the course of daily driving it can do. It’s phenomenal.

I was originally against the yoke when I saw the refresh announced, but now I actually think it is a great idea for this car. Your hands are at a secure position for when you goose the juice. I used to hang my left hand at 12 while shifting with my right (the S5 was a manual) because I live my life a quarter mile at a time or whatever, but the instantaneous acceleration of this thing would like have made that a sketchy proposition.

The turn signals have been easy to locate but slightly more difficult to get used to. I keep doing the Florida granny thing where I’m cruising for awhile with my signal on following a lane change. I know the haptic controls are pressure sensitive but I’ve started to find the operation is even easier than that. If you leave your thumb on the arrow for a bit, it’ll go until you lift off. If you press firmly once, it’ll keep going until you turn. I’m getting more used to it now, but I’ve started to train my brain that it’s less about pressure and more about the length of the press (though I understand that’s not really how it works, but how I’ve managed thus far).
Thank you for the great info! Which drive mode do you keep your LR in to have this speed? I assume it’s not “Chill” mode.