Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just turned in my 2018 100D for the LR refresh. There is no comparison the refresh is much better in terms on handling, ride comfort, road noise, features, and acceleration. The yoke takes a few minutes to get used to and then you might like it better.
Thanks for this post. I was recently talking with a local guy who has 2018 MS and 2020 M3LR. He told me the M3LR is actually more “fun” to drive because it’s more nimble & handles better than the MS.
I was really hoping the post-refresh MSLR closed that gap a bit.

Reactions: jlear
Wow. 1143 and still waiting (CA, no FSD or wheel upgrades as i already have arachnids off my P90DL Isold too early)!
Welcome to the forum. If you've been lurking, maybe you've seen. The 19" rims aren't available. Website says August for deliveries to start. Possibly the end of July for those early orders like you. Keep in there.

And as others have mentioned, don't plan to use those wheels off your P90D

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Got my LR S today. Burbank said mine was the 3rd refreshed model S they’ve delivered. Mine plus a plaid that went to Jay Leno and one more. Build quality is amazing and the refresh hits all the marks. They went too far by deleting the st. Serves no useful purpose and it’s a pita to use the turn signals, high beams and horn. Smooth surfaces no bumps to help locate the buttons without looking down. I find myself hitting the turn signal randomly so I’ll make one flash.

the yoke is too damn wide, steering ratio is not ideal for yoke. I could appreciate the yoke if it had variable ratio based on speed so I’d never do more than 90 degrees in either direction lock to lock but in parking lots it’s ridiculous. I find myself steering with my hands in odd positions. Anybody that says it doesn’t bother them is crazy.

couple of things about the new UI. the map does not have a quick button to display nearby superchargers as red lightning bolts it’s buried in the menu. The door lock button is hidden on the main menu panel vs being on the screen at all times. You can’t get to it without tapping a button to reveal it.
I bet there are people here who would pay what you paid (probably not the sales tax) to take it off your hands.... In all seriousness, I hope it is a learning curve and you learn to love the car. Or, there will be an aftermarket wheel but that won't solve the stalk complaint.

I bet the software updates will put the lock button on the home page. Otherwise I agree it will be a PIA. Is that something that can be done with the three programable buttons at the bottom?

Last day of quarter and my EDD now is showing August again for a January order. SMH over and over and over and over and over...........
You must really really want those 19" rims 🤣🤣😂😂
We all know at this point this is why your order is delayed. They just don't have those 19s. Sucks they did that last minute switch and have all those sitting there with the old rims. Would be nice if they gave some option for you to bring aftermarkets and they keep the old wheels till the new ones arrive. I'm sure there's some sorta crazy govt policy that forbids this though.

You must really really want those 19" rims 🤣🤣😂😂
We all know at this point this is why your order is delayed. They just don't have those 19s. Sucks they did that last minute switch and have all those sitting there with the old rims. Would be nice if they gave some option for you to bring aftermarkets and they keep the old wheels till the new ones arrive. I'm sure there's some sorta crazy govt policy that forbids this though.
I changed my rims to 21" last week and there was no change to my delivery date. It must ALSO be the white interior (for me)!

I changed my rims to 21" last week and there was no change to my delivery date. It must ALSO be the white interior (for me)!
You're a later one like me. Those with those Jan or 2020 orders switching helped them. RN46's prob not going to have a change. At least you have August on there :) gives me hope maybe I'll see mine in August.

I posted in the main S delivery thread but wanted to post here as well. I picked up my MS LR today. It’s friggin awesome. Haven’t had a chance to drive it as much as I would like but I love it. I am sure the plaid is incredible but the performance of the LR is crazy, it’s a rocket ship, 0 - 60 in a flash, and on to a very ‘healthy speed’ with zero let up. For those that have taken delivery, congrats, I hope you agree. For those waiting, it’s worth it, best car I have driven and I have had a couple of ok ones of the ICE variety. Any questions let me know although it’s my first Tesla so may not be the most educated in such things. I will say that Blank ended up being a good thing for me.

Do you have a M3P to compare the performance/handling?

Got my LR S today. Burbank said mine was the 3rd refreshed model S they’ve delivered. Mine plus a plaid that went to Jay Leno and one more. Build quality is amazing and the refresh hits all the marks. They went too far by deleting the st. Serves no useful purpose and it’s a pita to use the turn signals, high beams and horn. Smooth surfaces no bumps to help locate the buttons without looking down. I find myself hitting the turn signal randomly so I’ll make one flash.

the yoke is too damn wide, steering ratio is not ideal for yoke. I could appreciate the yoke if it had variable ratio based on speed so I’d never do more than 90 degrees in either direction lock to lock but in parking lots it’s ridiculous. I find myself steering with my hands in odd positions. Anybody that says it doesn’t bother them is crazy.

couple of things about the new UI. the map does not have a quick button to display nearby superchargers as red lightning bolts it’s buried in the menu. The door lock button is hidden on the main menu panel vs being on the screen at all times. You can’t get to it without tapping a button to reveal it.
Nice. What was your order date and configuration?