Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brunla, your hold-up was is the 19" wheels, identical to my order early January. You made the change to 21" only a couple of days ago. Give them 2-3 weeks for a VIN and I think you will have a new car by end of month or earlier. I'm waiting for the 19" wheels on my LR.
The point is that all Tesla needed to do for pre-refresh orders who had 19's is give us a call and tell us that 19's aren't currently in production, we see you have been waiting a long time, would you like the 21's? It's called a common customer courtesy call. In fact there is STILL no official word from Tesla saying 19's aren't available. I told this to my SA before he even knew, because we have to track all this crap to even know what's going on. It's ridiculous! If I had known this I would have switched over earlier. There is no justification for this. I'm sorry.

Following this thread with great interest. Ordered a Model S LR Black / Black Arachnid FSD on 6/16/21 11515xxxx. I originally ordered it in Deep Blue Metallic, which showed September / October delivery. Changed to Solid Black (I plan to do a full matte wrap) today. Delivery showing as "October." No VIN, of course.
youll have it before those who ordered LAST october with 19s

The point is that all Tesla needed to do for pre-refresh orders who had 19's is give us a call and tell us that 19's aren't currently in production, we see you have been waiting a long time, would you like the 21's? It's called a common customer courtesy call. In fact there is STILL no official word from Tesla saying 19's aren't available. I told this to my SA before he even knew, because we have to track all this crap to even know what's going on. It's ridiculous! If I had known this I would have switched over earlier. There is no justification for this. I'm sorry.
I'm in the same boat as you except they had a car delivered to the SC for me, were waiting on wheels, but then pulled it for another defect, so I'm back on the wait list

Hi all! Long time lurker here, anxiously awaiting delivery on a MSLR, white, black interior, 21", no FSD. RN 1144 ordered Jan 28. No VIN or delivery date.

I've owned a few Teslas, the latest being a Model 3. I played this same delivery limbo game in 2018 with that Model 3. Incidentally, I received that car 3 years ago on the 6th. Maybe they'll deliver my Model S on its three year anniversary? Please? 🥺

Anyway, good luck everyone!

The only thing I've heard was a comment by @sam3194 a few days ago about delayed production of the wheels, which should start by 2nd week of July with delivery push in August. @sam3194, please let us know if you get an update on this! Thanks!

Hmm I wonder if the hundreds of refresh at Freemont we've seen in the recent drone footage are the cars they'll be putting those 19s on and delivering to us :(

Following this thread with great interest. Ordered a Model S LR Black / Black Arachnid FSD on 6/16/21 11515xxxx. I originally ordered it in Deep Blue Metallic, which showed September / October delivery. Changed to Solid Black (I plan to do a full matte wrap) today. Delivery showing as "October." No VIN, of course.
I have same build I won't be surprised if you get your car before me ordered in early Feb 1144

Delivery pushed to Tuesday 2pm since my local Tesla “forgot” they were closed Monday.

They even offered to deliver it to me Tuesday due to them faking me out a couple times, which they normally don’t do as far away as I am, but I really would rather not have some employee driving my car for 35 miles of under-construction interstate and local pothole roads, so going to get it myself.. hopefully.

God don’t let these battery fire rumors be real - and if someone’s just making that up, shame on you.