Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im with you not wanting delivery until my quoted October date! Fun to keep up with the forum though. Its definitely hard to decide on color combos for these cars lol. I used to have a white/white MYP and it stressed me out so much that someone was going to stain the white interior (even though I know its durable/difficult to stain) so I decided to go black this time. Also had a terribly mismatched rear bumper that Tesla wouldn't do anything about, so I went with Blue this time.
Ah well good luck, see ya on here plenty - agree. I had white interior in our Model X and it really didn't stain ever at all, any blue transfer wiped right off with some typical leather cleaner etc. The main thing I had issues with in that car was the white stitching on armrest/fabric under leather, but that seems to be fixed now as they use contrasting in some areas. Our old white MS we had was the free flat white back in the day and liked it a lot, very bright, no mismatches and almost wish they still offered that white versus multi-coat but oh well.

Blue is beautiful, our X as was blue/white. It takes a little more care in washing (unless you do all that fancy PPF etc) to avoid swirls, etc. But at certain times of the day it looks awesome.

How easy would it be to take delivery with 21” wheels, then buy 19” wheels when they become available and then sell original 21”? Looking for any way to get car but also want 19” long term!
I've thought of every sensible way... still no car :(
If you get the famous call "we have a car available with 21s" then 100% go for it. I would but I haven't been so lucky.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
If anyone wants 19”s long term but is getting 21”s earlier, I’ll gladly trade my 19”s to you for 21”s (and some cash) when my S comes in September/October.

said another way, I’ll trade 19s for 21s after delivery if anyone wants to arrange that and is semi local to AZ.
Darn, just a bit too far away to make this work!

If anyone wants 19”s long term but is getting 21”s earlier, I’ll gladly trade my 19”s to you for 21”s (and some cash) when my S comes in September/October.

said another way, I’ll trade 19s for 21s after delivery if anyone wants to arrange that and is semi local to AZ.
Why not just change order to 21”. No one is going to swap 21s for tempest 19s unless you want to pay them 4 grand.
I disliked the tempest wheels and the upgraded wheels when I ordered in December. I was going to buy 19s and then do aftermarket 21s. What a pia but once the refresh was announced and the upgrade was for the new arachnids I was happy to pay the 4500 just to have nice looking wheels and not deal with the aftermarket wheels.

Why not just change order to 21”. No one is going to swap 21s for tempest 19s unless you want to pay them 4 grand.
I disliked the tempest wheels and the upgraded wheels when I ordered in December. I was going to buy 19s and then do aftermarket 21s. What a pia but once the refresh was announced and the upgrade was for the new arachnids I was happy to pay the 4500 just to have nice looking wheels and not deal with the aftermarket wheels.
Some people may want their car now but weren’t keen on keeping 21”s. I’m happy to wait for my car a few months and currently have 19”s on order, but eventually would like to swap for 21”s. There’s certainly a midpoint in there that makes both parties happy.

Posted elsewhere but never got a clear answer - I have the older referral award Arachnid 21s on my 2013 P85, was planning on putting the original 19s back on the car before selling and getting my older award Arachnids powder coated for my on-order LR to use next summer. Anyone know if they'll fit properly?

I completely agree with you. Now having the Arachnids, I don't think I could be happy with the Tempest wheels. On looks alone, I'm willing to sacrifice the 30 mile range. And yes, I know that 30 miles is a really looooong walk 😄.

Posted elsewhere but never got a clear answer - I have the older referral award Arachnid 21s on my 2013 P85, was planning on putting the original 19s back on the car before selling and getting my older award Arachnids powder coated for my on-order LR to use next summer. Anyone know if they'll fit properly?
I don't have a simple answer, but another user posted a picture from the new manual on the wheel and tire specs:
Questions for owners of first deliveries of refreshed Model S

Birdies whispering the S deliveries are halted given the Plaid battery fire two days ago.

Birdie told me that only Plaids are delayed and current Plaids will be OTA nerfed to be below LR performance. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Really…that *sugar* is so easy to toss out and make up out with no proof of any kind?!?

Last edited:
Love the look of the 21s, but the 295-30-21 tires make me nervous with NE pot holes.
The point is that all Tesla needed to do for pre-refresh orders who had 19's is give us a call and tell us that 19's aren't currently in production, we see you have been waiting a long time, would you like the 21's? It's called a common customer courtesy call. In fact there is STILL no official word from Tesla saying 19's aren't available. I told this to my SA before he even knew, because we have to track all this crap to even know what's going on. It's ridiculous! If I had known this I would have switched over earlier. There is no justification for this. I'm sorry.
Yup I agree. The same story with the CF trim to wood.

Reactions: Sbaimo and GrnSqrl
There is ZERO excuse for how Tesla's lack of communication is beneficial to the company. They have the absolute worst reputation now for customer service. I've been waiting for 9 months for my car, I've been told I'm a priority and they are looking for my car and they do absolutely nothing except tell me what I want to hear. (Whenever they choose to get back to me.) If I even get the car when they decide to get me one, I will never go through this process again. Not with other car companies who will fill this void coming up on their heels. They are sinking their own ship with this behavior. Honesty is always the best policy.

I still see August for plaid 19" and for LR, it has always been Oct, no matter what config you have.
Totally agree with you. I feel the same say and so glad completion is coming on quickly. Tesla will be forced to offer better service/communication or they will lose a lot of customers. People are spending a ton of money on Model S, so treat them better. Always over communicate in an service related industry.