Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems the right strategy is to plan for the worst (estimate plus one month) and hope for the best (customer declines MS at your store that matches your design and your SA call you).

It gives you more time to line up those accessories you "know" you will need, to research winter tire / wheel choices, find a paint protection shop and decide how much you want to protect.

Plus it adds to the daily routing checking on your order to find, for example, that October has moved to blank

Mine calculates to 375 miles with 21's at 90% charge.

Efficiency is the same as my 3P at about 270 so far so real world highway range should be well over 300 miles for me.
Wait, really? 375 is supposed to be the 100% charge I thought on a LR with 21 inch wheels - as that is what the website shows. Switch to 19 inch wheels and you get the 405 estimate. No way that they would be quoting just 90% charge online on the website it seems as that would indicate that 405 at 90% would actually have to be 450 miles at 100% on 19s.

Wait, really? 375 is supposed to be the 100% charge I thought on a LR with 21 inch wheels - as that is what the website shows. Switch to 19 inch wheels and you get the 405 estimate. No way that they would be quoting just 90% charge online on the website it seems as that would indicate that 405 at 90% would actually have to be 450 miles at 100% on 19s.

I think they just haven’t updated the software to display the proper range based on wheel configuration. Though they’ve been inconsistent about that in the past, so maybe it will always display 405 at full charge.

Who is in charge of this tracking sheet? I think it would be great to add a discreet column for wheel size.

I charged to 90% and got 340, so that calculates to 375 full charge. I did not charge to 100%.

One week in with the LR

Fistly, yeah everybody who has seen the car loves talking about the Yoke…and I’ve had 4 or 5 friends drive it and mostly they really like the way the yoke feel and the visibility. Over all pleased with how the Yoke works, it’s actually better than a traditional wheel 90% of the time.

Biggest impressions so far;

- the 21” Arachnid’s look amazing - and the Pilot Sport 4 tires give the car a more sporty feel than my previous Model S - but a little worried about the rubber for the winter in New England - will have to do something there
- range - at 90% is mostly around 340+ but frankly its more than i could ever need so i dont pay too much attention to it
- Performance - again the Plaid folks must having a crazy time with Ludicrous mode and that incredible launch, for me the Insane mode is more than enough in fact it gets to scary speed faster than I imagined..so just for me more than enough
- oh more on performance - yes to confirm the LR has Cheetah mode but does not have the same acceleration graphics as the Plaid model - draggy shots attached where you can see the car getting into Cheetah and then the graphics - the actual run was not the best due to weather (very wet) and uphill location - ill do more later
- the redesigned interior is very comfortable, and l keep getting told now ‘looks like a luxury car’, the ventilated seats are a nice addition you can really feel the flow :)
- Cream internior color scheme to us is really nice - have had black and white before but this color really grows on you - no regrets there
- New UI on the screen is nice - and after having the Y for the last year without the drivers binnacle having that back is a big one for me - just like how navigation is on that screen
- Have to say that whilst yeah its still mostly the same old Model S body - the new lip at the front, and (very) slightly wider stance, and the 21”s make it look like something new
- Autopiliot seems pretty much identical to the Model Y in function - nothing new or improved there

Some things still missing
- Noise cancelation mode for the sound system - not a big deal really but would like it
- Dashcam viewer - this is one i wish they would update the software for as its just so practical not to have to take out the USB to view Sentry mode alerts - oh and to everybody remember that the LR (and im sure Plaid) comes with a USB in the glovebox. No need to buy an additional one (silly me)
- Backseat Screen - we dont use it a lot but would be good if the audio was able to be sent to specific Bluetooth outputs like headphones…not sure if that is coming

Overall

- Whilst I still sometimes dream about Plaid…the truth is the LR is the best package for us - the performance is still over the top of anything we need, and the looks are pretty much identical (yeah you dont get full perforated seats, but only someone who knows would see that), and the savings in $ enabled us to get this one vs not..

Next steps for me

- I’m taking it back for a wheel alignment - not that bad but really feel that it needs it - being done at no charge by the Tesla Service Center in Boston
- Its on a lease for me so not looking at PPF…i just like the Black on Black as it is.
- doing some more draggy runs in better conditions

oh and Happy 4th to all in the USA

Attachments

• 8F194DB9-6881-43BD-86E2-7ECC9CC01A4B.jpeg
    8F194DB9-6881-43BD-86E2-7ECC9CC01A4B.jpeg
    975.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 9A47AD87-7350-4F96-94B0-A05A87D110A4.png
    9A47AD87-7350-4F96-94B0-A05A87D110A4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 0C0196FD-FACF-4DFF-9385-76A30D443C39.png
    0C0196FD-FACF-4DFF-9385-76A30D443C39.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 71
  • DA65F516-3084-434B-9A9B-E206B002B861.png
    DA65F516-3084-434B-9A9B-E206B002B861.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
One week in with the LR

Fistly, yeah everybody who has seen the car loves talking about the Yoke…and I’ve had 4 or 5 friends drive it and mostly they really like the way the yoke feel and the visibility. Over all pleased with how the Yoke works, it’s actually better than a traditional wheel 90% of the time.

Biggest impressions so far;

- the 21” Arachnid’s look amazing - and the Pilot Sport 4 tires give the car a more sporty feel than my previous Model S - but a little worried about the rubber for the winter in New England - will have to do something there
- range - at 90% is mostly around 340+ but frankly its more than i could ever need so i dont pay too much attention to it
- Performance - again the Plaid folks must having a crazy time with Ludicrous mode and that incredible launch, for me the Insane mode is more than enough in fact it gets to scary speed faster than I imagined..so just for me more than enough
- oh more on performance - yes to confirm the LR has Cheetah mode but does not have the same acceleration graphics as the Plaid model - draggy shots attached where you can see the car getting into Cheetah and then the graphics - the actual run was not the best due to weather (very wet) and uphill location - ill do more later
- the redesigned interior is very comfortable, and l keep getting told now ‘looks like a luxury car’, the ventilated seats are a nice addition you can really feel the flow :)
- Cream internior color scheme to us is really nice - have had black and white before but this color really grows on you - no regrets there
- New UI on the screen is nice - and after having the Y for the last year without the drivers binnacle having that back is a big one for me - just like how navigation is on that screen
- Have to say that whilst yeah its still mostly the same old Model S body - the new lip at the front, and (very) slightly wider stance, and the 21”s make it look like something new
- Autopiliot seems pretty much identical to the Model Y in function - nothing new or improved there

Some things still missing
- Noise cancelation mode for the sound system - not a big deal really but would like it
- Dashcam viewer - this is one i wish they would update the software for as its just so practical not to have to take out the USB to view Sentry mode alerts - oh and to everybody remember that the LR (and im sure Plaid) comes with a USB in the glovebox. No need to buy an additional one (silly me)
- Backseat Screen - we dont use it a lot but would be good if the audio was able to be sent to specific Bluetooth outputs like headphones…not sure if that is coming

Overall

- Whilst I still sometimes dream about Plaid…the truth is the LR is the best package for us - the performance is still over the top of anything we need, and the looks are pretty much identical (yeah you dont get full perforated seats, but only someone who knows would see that), and the savings in $ enabled us to get this one vs not..

Next steps for me

- I’m taking it back for a wheel alignment - not that bad but really feel that it needs it - being done at no charge by the Tesla Service Center in Boston
- Its on a lease for me so not looking at PPF…i just like the Black on Black as it is.
- doing some more draggy runs in better conditions

oh and Happy 4th to all in the USA
Is there actually a difference between the ventilated seats (in terms of ventilation/cooling function) between the LR and Plaid?

LR is what I will get but this is first I’ve heard of this variance.

Cool! I heard if you change anything you go back slots for deliver…then I’ve read if you change to the 21’s, it can actually move you up like what happened with you maybe. Did you switch tires on line through your account or through calling the SA at the service center?
I called the service center and made the change. It gave me a delivery window the next day (which changed a few times and went blank) but definitely sped up the process.

Reactions: Danlbrau and JimLL