Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good to see movement. You all will love the car. It’s not even fair.

Some quick notes:
- the car wasn’t the cleanest when I got it but it looked clean and shiny enough until the next day. The entire windshield had terrible streaks from Tesla trying to clean it. Went to detailer and he said the paint was terrible (I trust him). I got ceramic coat and correction. Night and day difference.
- don’t know if this has been mentioned but the LR has HUGE calipers. Another reason why 21s are better, you can always see them.
- 21s are a way more comfy ride than our model y on 20s
- yoke is a non-event. You’ll get used to it. Fun to learn.
- feels like you are driving in an arcade

View attachment 682945

Congrats on the car! The 21's are as comfy as your Model Y on 20's because of the air suspension not because of the wheels and tires. The car will ride even better on 19's or 20's.

Tesla paint sucks. Worst in the industry. Period. Ceramic coating is essential.
You know, they said the same thing when I bought my '17 MS. Four years and 100K miles later, parked many days outdoors, the paint still looks pretty darn new. I may do the ceramic coating this time but depending on how good the paint looks upon delivery, I may not and instead stick to my steady maintenance including a decent coat of polish.

Months ago, we scheduled our first real vacation in 2 nearly years for a week in July. I'm guessing that's the week Tesla will try to finally deliver our order from January. :rolleyes:
Murphy's law in full effect. We're taking our vaca next week and delivery showing while I'm gone >=/ Made my payment this morning and SA putting notes to request next Fri/Sat delivery (delay if necessary) =O

Hopefully within a couple weeks you will get a VIN!

I’m actually hoping mine comes in October. Still need to sell the 3 & my Ferrari lol
I was hoping for October too. It would keep me out of the end-of-the-quarter rush.

I'm guessing they are going to deliver in September and you know how that goes...

I listed my Y for sale, expecting to unload it before taking delivery of the S. It sold the same day I posted the ad.

Reactions: Vinny860
Is that true for red as well? My understanding is that it is a different process and more labor intensive. My last two MSs have been almost flawless. But this time, I plan on paint correction and Ceramic Pro (9H) unless someone advises otherwise.
Black is by far the worst. I have a friend who has a detail business and has OptiCoated over 500 Tesla’s. He said black is and continues to be the worst. I do not have first hand knowledge about red. I have white and it was mediocre. OptiCoat made it awesome.

I was hoping for October too. It would keep me out of the end-of-the-quarter rush.

I'm guessing they are going to deliver in September and you know how that goes...

I listed my Y for sale, expecting to unload it before taking delivery of the S. It sold the same day I posted the ad.

Where did you list your Y? Im looking to unload my 3, but havent put much into doing so. Thought Id ask where as same day selling is amazing! LOL

Reactions: Vinny860
Just received the VIN for my Red MS LR Cream interior this morning

View attachment 682939

But unfortunately I'm out of town for a month and can't take the delivery.

What an irony!

Hope someone with the same config gets this!

Raise your hands if you have the same config as mine. ✌️
I have a black interior but I would like cream interior as well.. It would be great if we were same delivery center

I had 6 offers on my 3P within 24 hours of putting in Autotrader and Craiglist.

Nice! Maybe I should hold off until September to sell my 3. Was planning on selling it in August after I come back from vacation

I needed a car so I bought a used Tesla S 100d for a what I thought was a good deal, (15k) miles for 62k in California. However I am still on the fence about it and may just keep the new LR I have order prices are going up. Maybe I will either sell the used Tesla (my Mom needs a new car) and keep the new one.