Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI...just confirmed with my SA. If you make any change now to your current order (like moving from 19s to 21s), you will be subject to the $5K price increase that Tesla just instituted.
So now the truth is revealed! They are trying to trick us 19” fools into switching to 21 and not only paying the upgrade but now the additional $5k, just to get our cars sooner! Where do I sign up 🤔😂

I don't think it is. I was told by Tesla management that 19 production wouldn't even begin until August. So I have to assume end of August since this is Tesla after all. So September sounds on-track. That is why I switched to 21's. But now there is the price increase so I think you are kinda stuck. :(
kind of fked is the better term

Reactions: JimLL
Grey, no context other than the pictureView attachment 683301
my exact build. where is my fn car elon. every delivery an vin over 11450 is agonizing. was one day away from switching to 21s trusted my sa that car was about to be build an instead stuck in 19 hell. I was too nice calling it purgatory.

seeing such later orders getting vin is insane. I would've just ordered later with 21s and saved myself the first couple months looking at the site every day

Only except mine
infuriating and soul crushing at the same time. Gonna have a early feb order and not have it delivered by mid september and thus will have to buy a used whatever next march despite having the foresight to order this car last feb, solely because with s increase n fsd increase im looking at 15000 increase next spring at best.

if i ever get the car it will be my only. No way I could suggest anyone go through this process. Just buy used

infuriating and soul crushing at the same time. Gonna have a early feb order and not have it delivered by mid september and thus will have to buy a used whatever next march despite having the foresight to order this car last feb, solely because with s increase n fsd increase im looking at 15000 increase next spring at best.

if i ever get the car it will be my only. No way I could suggest anyone go through this process. Just buy used
In normal times they have some limited existing inventory, or worst case 4-6 weeks to deliver your car after order. Once they catch up with the backlog from not building any for six months it shouldn’t be this much of a nightmare. But yeah, I’m not going through this again either.

Reactions: doubleshot
You should ask your SA to look up your RN and read you what the status says. Apparently, they have more information than they typically share. Some SAs seem too lazy to look it up. You can also use the tesla.com chat and get an agent to look up your order. The status they see is NOT reflected on your account.
I have never been able see this tesla chat window...ive looked all over site

Reactions: JimLL
Despite what my SA said this morning about a possible VIN by end of next week, I got one today! Refreshing every 5 minutes does pay off. My heart skipped a beat and I was so excited I hit Cancel by mistake....abort! abort! But all is well....

Only thing now is that estimated delivery says August, rather than July 12-19, but I'm not sure that means anything.
View attachment 683329
Congratulations! Your date should change to a week range or shorter within the next day or so. Updates unfortunately happen one parameter a day 😂😂

Like most all others, EDD changed perhaps a dozen times followed by months of blank until yesterday when August appeared for a day and back to blank overnight. The games continue...
MSM, white interior, 21", FSD. I would not be surprised to get a VIN today to only disappear tomorrow like many others, or simply remain blank until September or beyond. RN114418XXX. Cheers...

Reactions: jb34819
Congrats on the car! The 21's are as comfy as your Model Y on 20's because of the air suspension not because of the wheels and tires. The car will ride even better on 19's or 20's.

Yes, the air suspension does a great job. The 21's have been great and I, personally, would not go to the 19's. That was something I flipped back and forth until delivery but feel I made the right choice for me.

I have posted in the other main thread but figured I would post here as well. My date has been moved by one day the last three days, but still keeping some faith. Went to 07/23-7/30 Friday from August. Then yesterday is 7/24-7/31. Then today is 7/25-8/1. Specs in signature

I have posted in the other main thread but figured I would post here as well. My date has been moved by one day the last three days, but still keeping some faith. Went to 07/23-7/30 Friday from August. Then yesterday is 7/24-7/31. Then today is 7/25-8/1. Specs in signature
This is exactly what mine was doing last week. Today it changed to just "August". So hard to figure this out....

RN1144... LR MSM Beige, FSD, 21" (Feb) changed to 19" (Mar) changed back to 21" (June) EDD now August. >>>> EDD updated to July 11-17 (Carlsbad service center)

Updated to July 12- July 21 (No VIN still)
Today July 13-July 24 No VIN but DDC (Delivery Date Creep)