Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put OptiCoat on my 2017 Model S the day I bought it new, and it was the best move. It makes the car look permanently waxed, and it has saved it from many chips during the last 4 years. Will be getting the same coating on my new Model S LR the day I take delivery of it. If you are in Ohio, consider my friend for this. He has coated over 500 Teslas. Brilliant work. Car Detailing Columbus Ohio | Mobile Auto Detailing Columbus Ohio
Did you just do OptiCoat of both (Opti+PPF). I am still on the fence if I want to do one or both… I understand they are different, but not sure i want to spend the $$$ to get both. I had PPF on my 2017 and only got one chip that went through…but I am not sure I see a lot of other Teslas with a done of chips either…

Reactions: 2101Guy
Lady slammed on her breaks in stop and go traffic at 20-30mph and I slid into the back of her Toyota RAV4 totally annoying and I think getting it fixed will take a life time. I’m wondering if they even have parts for this model car yet
Major bummer. Most important thing is everyone is OK. Cars can be fixed. Cars can be bought. I would be in tears though I gotta say. Sounds and looks like you were distracted for a moment

Reactions: 2101Guy and oktane
Cross-Post from Model S Delivery Update.

Awaiting my first Tesla with delivery date of August. The electrician I talked to for installing the wall charger is saying that Model S does not make full use of the Wall Charger capabilities (unless you have 2 or more Tesla's - Which I dont have yet, and maybe in a year or so). He is saying why spend $500 if you dont have to and will put a Nema 14-50 instead. Is that right info? I thought the Model S refresh improved the charging capabilities... Kind of confused. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Zaker89

Awaiting my first Tesla with delivery date of August. The electrician I talked to for installing the wall charger is saying that Model S does not make full use of the Wall Charger capabilities (unless you have 2 or more Tesla's - Which I dont have yet, and maybe in a year or so). He is saying why spend $500 if you dont have to and will put a Nema 14-50 instead. Is that right info? I thought the Model S refresh improved the charging capabilities... Kind of confused. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
To get full/fastest charging for your MS, you'll need the charger installed on 60amp breaker with 240v. Electrician is not correct.

If you install a NEMA 14-50, then you have to use your mobile connector, which is annoying to plug/unplug, and can wear the connectors. Or, you can leave it. In that case, you have to coil it up for road trips, or buy a spare. If that is the case, then you are better off with an HPWC, which is about the same price, and can leave it hung. The money you save you can pay for upgraded amperage.

Besides, with a good HPWC, even at 50 amps, you can get a pretty decent charge, which is nice if you need to head out again somewhere when you get home low.

UPDATE.

I called the delivery center again for an update. My car arrived today!! The gentleman said it's going through quality inspection and if they finish tonight, I can pick it up tomorrow but delivery is officially scheduled for Wednesday at 2pm!
legend_of_jim be like: I got my car! peace out suckers! <never to be heard from again on the forums> :D

This years refreshed (maybe a couple years earlier?) all max charge at 48 amp output. Much less than the older cars and the Gen 2 charger With higher output. Not that your electrician knows that. Not sure. 60amp breaker/240v get you that new 48 amp max output Which is all the cars can handle. Reading that Tesla recommended electricians gouge people I instead dealt with a few local electricians that had little experience with Tesla, wanted to pontificate on what they knew versus what the actual Gen 3 manual said and charged an arm and a leg. On a lark I went to a Tesla recommended for a quote (on the Tesla site just put in zip) and he was the cheapest and most knowledgeable and banged it out perfectly in 2 hours. No hassles. Just had it installed earlier today too!

Something not right there. There should be no difference with the MS. The standard gen 2 mobile connector that comes with the car can charge up to 32 amps on a NEMA 14-50 receptacle. The high end "corded mobile connector" can charge to 40 amps on the same NEMA 14-50. The wall connector that is hard wired can go to 48 amps.

1626139946812.jpeg

Even tho I know it’s pointless, guilty as charged!

Did you just do OptiCoat of both (Opti+PPF). I am still on the fence if I want to do one or both… I understand they are different, but not sure i want to spend the $$$ to get both. I had PPF on my 2017 and only got one chip that went through…but I am not sure I see a lot of other Teslas with a done of chips either…
I only did Opti. Results have been great