Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone in the main delivery thread said his service center mentioned an issue with the "power port" (assuming he meant "charge port").
Found it, surprisingly:

Well typical Tesla. Got a call from my shop I’m scheduled to pick up my Model S from that they can get me moved up to Saturday this week instead of Monday - pumped…

Two hours later I get a call from the same guy who says “we were just given a notification from the engineering department we are not allowed to deliver any more model S’s until “additional inspections are done and software issues are fixed - all model S’s are on hold - we hope to have you delivered by the end of next week”

Must be a massive issue….

Welp, I'm still terrified and in love at the same time. Haven't noticed anything abnormal with the charge port, software or driving. I wonder if I should avoid driving it until we find out more lol.
If you were a Good Guy you would refuse to drive your MS until all of us that are currently waiting on here have received our cars. #TeamOctober

Was recharging my Model 3 at Seaside CA on Monday and next to the sales/service center were four undelivered Model S’s... all had 21” wheels, none Plaid, one interior was cream (rest black), one exterior was white, the rest were dark colored exterior..none red....that’s all I can remember.

MS LR white on white w/19” and FSD....# 1144, ordered 1/28....shows “August”

What’s the difference between a NEMA 14-30 and a 14-50 adapter besides the amps? If my outlet is rated at 30A will the 14-50 still work just fine on it?
No. Those are different connectors. The plug will be different
350px-NEMA_simplified_pins.svg.png

I was about to like your post, then realized you ordered in July. You can't complain yet lol.
I was kidding, but reserve my right to complain. I ordered a solar tile roof a year ago, and never could get answers to my questions. I’ve also been waiting for my Powerwall for over two years. I have bad Tesla luck with everything but the cars. :D

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
I was kidding, but reserve my right to complain. I ordered a solar tile roof a year ago, and never could get answers to my questions. I’ve also been waiting for my Powerwall for over two years. I have bad Tesla luck with everything but the cars. :D
I was watching bill mahr (tv comedian political). He said he was unable to get the permits to allow solar wall to be used for 5 years.

Reactions: Ormond
Question for the group here about a protective ceramic paint coating. I have a protective paint coating, OptiCoat, on my current model S. A few weeks ago I had an unfortunate encounter with a deer which damaged my hood. The hood is being replaced and repainted and I’m picking it up this Friday. I was told not to put a protective ceramic coating on it for 90 days to allow the paint to properly cure. That got me thinking. When I get my new model S delivered should I wait 90 days to put a ceramic coating on that?
That’s a great question. Whenever I’ve had collision work done, or even a new car, I believe I’ve been told to wait 3 weeks or whatever to let the clear coat harden,

Where in NJ are you? I was by the Princeton location today and saw the following cars:
White on Cream LR w/21s
Blue on Cream LR w/21s
White on Black LR w/21s
MSM on black LR w/21s

Plaids would say PLAID on the back, correct? I didn't see anything on the back except Model S
I’m Central NJ and believe I still have not seen one of these mythical creatures in person yet.

That’s a great question. Whenever I’ve had collision work done, or even a new car, I believe I’ve been told to wait 3 weeks or whatever to let the clear coat harden,
I'm not getting involved 🤣 last time I did I got majorly down voted. The majority of detailers know normal new cars. Ones that have sat. Have born on dates months before. Sure factory curing helps, but a brand new MS with a born on date of 2 weeks ago, wait a few before you paint correct and PPF. You'll thank me. It'll come out so much better than burnt paint because you were impatient.

That being said. I'm bringing mine to the detailer 30 days after delivery if the manufacture date says the month I recieve it. If earlier it goes immediately.

Edit: crap I got involved.

Reactions: Air Wind