Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is 7/27!!! Did it work out?
I was actually able to pick it up on 7/24! I made a post but can’t remember which thread - she’s a little raw on the UI but beautiful IMO.
EF83AC63-5C55-437E-8A45-A66EFCA10F92.jpeg

I’ve been lurking here for some time now, order my model s in may, no estimated delivery since I ordered. White, black with 21s no fsd. Drove past Princeton Tesla this morning there are 2 LR models there ready for delivery.
I was by Princeton myself last week and saw a white, blue and black LR on the lot. If you saw 2, that confirms deliveries are back up and running

been a long time since i lamented on the wait; and who else understands outside of you all on this thread?!!

ordered in march...will be my 4th..i took care of my young adult kids with 3's (while i paid their univ also!) that i used also and set my wife up with a Y that she loves...and finally it was my time for my long awaited S ordered in March.

with the new S outlook to next year this totally worries me on my RN1146 order. for the first time i may call over to Mt Kisco or wherever to most likely get no where. i'm not mad at tesla..having some understanding as i come from manufacturing..but as my customers demand...enough of waiting now!!

been a long time since i lamented on the wait; and who else understands outside of you all on this thread?!!

ordered in march...will be my 4th..i took care of my young adult kids with 3's (while i paid their univ also!) that i used also and set my wife up with a Y that she loves...and finally it was my time for my long awaited S ordered in March.

with the new S outlook to next year this totally worries me on my RN1146 order. for the first time i may call over to Mt Kisco or wherever to most likely get no where. i'm not mad at tesla..having some understanding as i come from manufacturing..but as my customers demand...enough of waiting now!!

Love your perspective and understanding. It’s not just Tesla with supply chain issues right now.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
KEYWORDS: CREDIBLE & FACTUAL

Foolish question - Reference the latest alleged delay, does anyone here have CREDIBLE & FACTUAL information regarding EDD, VIN, etc. for refreshed S cars on order since the date of the announcement (NOT new orders placed today).

Thanks...
P.S. i personally do NOT consider 1 SA credible. To go a step beyond, Mr. Musk does NOT understand 2 simple words...

I’m out if that is true. Been waiting since last year and getting tired of it. Will see what happens, but if true will just lease another BMW for a couple years and see what the landscape looks like then. Tesla better get its act together, as in two to three years marketplace will be so competitive and will be so many choices that know how to communicate and treat customers. Not a great first experience!
I am also out. Lucid here I come....

I am also out. Lucid here I come....
Unless you put a reservation in a long time ago you aren't likely to be getting a Lucid until sometime late next year at the earliest. (They are only planning to make ~500 $169k cars this year, and they have already been spoken for.)

And that assumes that they ever actually deliver a car. (Which is more likely than not now that the SPAC merger has gone through and they have a bunch more money.)

Last edited:
I know some people here have been waiting well over a year and I’m sorry you’re going through that. Must be frustrating as hell, however for the price and for what you’re getting, you can’t beat it. Taycan’s can easily go into Plaid territory and the MB EQS is well over that and so is Lucid’s. Plus with the chip shortage, who knows when you’ll get a car from any manufacturer. Unfortunately, I think it’s tough times ahead as far as manufacturing goes but I really hope I’m wrong.

Yeah - I dont get how their estimates can be that bad. I'm still hopeful I'll hit the Aug/Sep timeline but it kind of seems like maybe they are going to stop with the LR production and get all their money by expediting the Plaid builds over LRs.

Based on your scenario, my only call out (having had a Model S from 5 yrs ago and most recently a Performance Model 3) is that the Model S is just a far nicer car to drive than the 3, which is the main reason why I sold the 3. Compared to the old S, it was much louder (tons of road and wind noise), a lot more bumpy, and significantly less trunk space due to the opening area of the trunk and it not being a hatchback. Unless you really want the smaller feeling car, I'd shoot for the Y rather than the 3 if you're going to pull our of the LR MS queue
I'm really struggling to understand how new LR orders can be delayed to Feb/March. The stated annual production capacity is 100,000 for the Model S/X line. A little over 2,000 were produced last quarter. I highly doubt that Plaid orders have the demand to take up this type of production capacity. Supply chain issues make sense but I would imagine that late 2021 makes sense for new orders. All dealerships in my area have nearly empty car lots so supply chain is not just a Tesla issue, but with these new estimates maybe there is a real serious problem with Model S production. Any insiders with more information?

Also, I personally think it is really unfair to continue to prioritize Plaid over MSLR. If you ordered in 2020 or Jan/Feb/March '21 to see Plaid orders in June get fulfilled 2 weeks later is a slap in the face. It's understandable for EOQ push but I would hope that orders are fulfilled based on order date for the current quarter. Lastly, please open the 19" flood gates, if that ever becomes a thing.

- Frustrated in Chicago

MSLR Black/Black | 19" | FSD | Ordered 2.10.21 | Blank for weeks and weeks

I'm really struggling to understand how new LR orders can be delayed to Feb/March. The stated annual production capacity is 100,000 for the Model S/X line. A little over 2,000 were produced last quarter. I highly doubt that Plaid orders have the demand to take up this type of production capacity. Supply chain issues make sense but I would imagine that late 2021 makes sense for new orders.
I assume the delay is at least two-fold:
  1. They are likely going to start diverting some production to non-US orders. (There are original Plaid+ orders still waiting in Europe, etc.)
  2. The production line is likely going to have another shut-down when they start to produce the new Model X.
If I recall correctly Elon said that demand was so high that they are going to go back to having multiple shifts on the S&X line and try to increase production capacity beyond 100k/year.

I know some people here have been waiting well over a year and I’m sorry you’re going through that. Must be frustrating as hell, however for the price and for what you’re getting, you can’t beat it. Taycan’s can easily go into Plaid territory and the MB EQS is well over that and so is Lucid’s. Plus with the chip shortage, who knows when you’ll get a car from any manufacturer. Unfortunately, I think it’s tough times ahead as far as manufacturing goes but I really hope I’m wrong.
I put a deposit down on a new C8 Corvette in February 2020. Just now getting to order it (I could have last April). So hopefully will get this October. Yes, the problem is just not Tesla.

Apologies once again for continuing to repeat myself:

I can understand and live with bad news IF it is stated in a timely manner, credible and 100% honest!!

It's a fairly safe bet the CEO knows the FACTS the majority of which might not be shared with the other very few top lieutenants and everyone else is kept in the dark. Had I even suspected this behavior when considering a purchase, I would have stayed clear, regardless of how special the product is.

Again, apologies...

Reactions: Danlbrau