Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies once again for continuing to repeat myself:

I can understand and live with bad news IF it is stated in a timely manner, credible and 100% honest!!

It's a fairly safe bet the CEO knows the FACTS the majority of which might not be shared with the other very few top lieutenants and everyone else is kept in the dark. Had I even suspected this behavior when considering a purchase, I would have stayed clear, regardless of how special the product is.

Again, apologies...
Agree 100%. It's the lack of any communication at all that is frustrating. Transparency would go a long way and build long term customer loyalty.

Reactions: Jabbahop and DBV1
Just got off the phone with my SA. You can take it with a grain of salt of course, however this is what he told me:

Orders that were placed when Model S had a Sep/Oct EDD are still expected to come in with that time frame. He said I may see my account go to Feb/Mar if there is an underlying issue, but so far they are not aware of any and he is told they are ramping up production of the Model S as we speak. He also was kind enough to let me know that the only S being delivered are the 21" wheels and he expects August being an important month to see the 19" floodgates to open. He said he recognizes they are only trickling at this point. He also mentioned that when you have EDD on your account, that is the furthest out estimate and may come sooner. So he suggested it is very possible I can get my order in September or October at the latest, if everything goes right.

I told him I will be talking to him from here on out. He was one of the most helpful SA's I ever spoken to and was really professional. Hope this helps and let's pray for August being a big month without any issues!

Just got off the phone with my SA. You can take it with a grain of salt of course, however this is what he told me:

Orders that were placed when Model S had a Sep/Oct EDD are still expected to come in with that time frame. He said I may see my account go to Feb/Mar if there is an underlying issue, but so far they are not aware of any and he is told they are ramping up production of the Model S as we speak. He also was kind enough to let me know that the only S being delivered are the 21" wheels and he expects August being an important month to see the 19" floodgates to open. He said he recognizes they are only trickling at this point. He also mentioned that when you have EDD on your account, that is the furthest out estimate and may come sooner. So he suggested it is very possible I can get my order in September or October at the latest, if everything goes right.

I told him I will be talking to him from here on out. He was one of the most helpful SA's I ever spoken to and was really professional. Hope this helps and let's pray for August being a big month without any issues!
Sounds like my SA, “Roy” at KoP Mall? 😀

I did an online order for my S never talked with a SA, no e-mails or txt. I am fine with my and I hope September EDD as my BMW lease will be up on the 24th can extend out 2 more months so if need be. So the 1 st question do you just call the Local mall Tesla store for a SA? or the ??
Thanks

Reactions: Zaker89

Why is this helpful? The notion that the estimate is the furthest out delivery can be is ridiculous at this point. The estimate means nothing.

This sounds right. everyone needs to CTFO

Thank you sir! I believe this gentleman is honest and sincere; however, we really don't know what was passed on to him and how factual the information he received is. Nonetheless, thank you...q1

Reactions: cwanja
Checking Tesla.com and it looks like LR Model S deliveries for new orders have now slipped to Feb-March, 2022 :oops:

But it IS just Tesla who are unable to communicate delays to their customers.

i broke down and called the mount kisco sales/ service center. really nice lady said "there's a bunch of cars here i see..where is the most recent?" "ahh, there it is". says i am not "matched" to a car yet. other stuff was said but the bottom line is they know nothing until a VIN is connected.

i do feel a little better having talked to a human with a few laughs added in. still blank

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Is anyone else wondering if this new Feb-March delivery estimate for new orders from Sept-October change for new MSLR orders might be related to Tesla starting up MX production? They haven’t said anything to indicate that is the case and new MX orders have the same Feb-March delivery estimates, but they must have some 2020 and first half of 2021 MX orders to fill. Perhaps those will be Q3/Q4 production and MS will stop/slow at some point later this year?

i broke down and called the mount kisco sales/ service center. really nice lady said "there's a bunch of cars here i see..where is the most recent?" "ahh, there it is". says i am not "matched" to a car yet. other stuff was said but the bottom line is they know nothing until a VIN is connected.

i do feel a little better having talked to a human with a few laughs added in. still blank
I’m not sure why that conversation with someone who knows nothing made you feel better, but okay.

Is anyone else wondering if this new Feb-March delivery estimate for new orders from Sept-October change for new MSLR orders might be related to Tesla starting up MX production? They haven’t said anything to indicate that is the case and new MX orders have the same Feb-March delivery estimates, but they must have some 2020 and first half of 2021 MX orders to fill. Perhaps those will be Q3/Q4 production and MS will stop/slow at some point later this year?
I think this is exactly it. They share a platform and there isn't enough room at Fremont to run both lines, so this makes sense. Just hope we don't get hosed due to white interiors and get pushed to when the line starts up again.

I called a SA about my January order back in April and he said July at the latest. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, but he works for a scummy company.
Like many corporations, you can find several people that really care and that goes for BOTH their employer and customers. I imagine many SA's fall into that group. You then can find SA's at the other extreme - lazy, not especially intelligent and don't give a s**t. Regardless, if those higher up the food chain provide garbage and lies, you have our current debacle!

Reactions: Zaker89
I know some people here have been waiting well over a year and I’m sorry you’re going through that. Must be frustrating as hell, however for the price and for what you’re getting, you can’t beat it. Taycan’s can easily go into Plaid territory and the MB EQS is well over that and so is Lucid’s. Plus with the chip shortage, who knows when you’ll get a car from any manufacturer. Unfortunately, I think it’s tough times ahead as far as manufacturing goes but I really hope I’m wrong.
The “price” is good. But the “cost” is waaaaay too much for most to bear.

Reactions: Zaker89 and Drew-MS
I’m out if that is true. Been waiting since last year and getting tired of it. Will see what happens, but if true will just lease another BMW for a couple years and see what the landscape looks like then. Tesla better get its act together, as in two to three years marketplace will be so competitive and will be so many choices that know how to communicate and treat customers. Not a great first experience!
Swapalease (swapalease.com) could be a good way to go. You can take over someone’s lease for all different timeframes (6 months +.) I’ve done it 3 times since 2006. About 3 years ago, I took over a MB SUV lease with 13 months left. The individual was way over mileage so he paid me the excess mileage (X .25 cents per mile) and I simply resumed the monthly payments. The process is straightforward and takes a few week but the banks require strong credit. When the lease is up, you have the option to buy it or give it back. Now is good because leases with 6-18 months left originated prior to the automobile delays, price increases, etc. I haven’t looked in a while but there were several Tesla’s when I looked in March.

Great news. My SA too is excellent and helpful. They are at the mercy of what they are told which is not much

I’m starting to think I will need to buy a cheap used car to hold me over till the S comes since there’s no telling when it will arrive now and having to keep renting a car into perpetuity is going to be expensive
Check out my post above. If I didn’t have a car while I’m waiting, that’s 100% what I’d do. The used car market is totally insane at the moment so a short-term lease transfer seems more sensible.

I’m starting to think I will need to buy a cheap used car to hold me over till the S comes since there’s no telling when it will arrive now and having to keep renting a car into perpetuity is going to be expensive
Your KEY WORDS: "since there's no telling when it will arrive"

With just a hint of honesty from Mr. Musk, we may be able to plan accordingly. Our luck would be to buy or lease on a temporary basis only to receive a VIN a few days later OR nothing for the remainder of this year, then receive a VIN days after renewing the lease AGAIN; then again, past history has shown in Tesla World, a VIN can and HAS disappeared. SEVERAL TIMES!!

I am NOT glass galf empty; my glass is 94% empty...

Reactions: Zaker89 and Drew-MS