Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ug, well I need a car this Fall so broke down and reserved a new LR just today. RN11539... very fresh! It's giving me an October estimate in account even though the configurator started with Feb/Mar. Config ended up at like $92K with the 21" wheels this time, white interior, white exterior this time. $500 less than my old config of RN1150 with 19" wheels white interior, white exterior, 19" wheels, but with FSD. I won't add FSD to this new one since subscription is out and don't want to jump up 10K again just for that.

I'm very interested to see which one starts to make progress first... and if for some odd reason the brand new reservation takes off due to 21" wheels while the one back from April just sits.
What’s most shocking about this post is that it says October in your profile, when the designer says February / March. Makes zero sense

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
How do you see the delivery estimate? I ordered about a month ago and don't see anything. My status is under "Payment Method" and I only have a reservation #, no VIN yet.
Now in my 7th month, I'm still searching for a delivery estimate; one of our brothers got BOTH a delivery estimate AND VIN in 3 days. Stay tuned...

Reactions: BarbJohn
What’s most shocking about this post is that it says October in your profile, when the designer says February / March. Makes zero sense
Yeah, after making the reservation with the configurator saying Feb/Mar, the finalized/paid for order currently immediately says October now for the R1153 order. We'll see if that holds tomorrow and into the next week or get better.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.02.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 10.02.54 PM.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 98
is it me or does it feel like they're prioritizing the price increase orders?
Of course they are. It’s the Tesla way.

I ordered a LR in January and a Plaid earlier this month, both with 19” wheels. It’s a certainty my Plaid will arrive first once they start shipping 19’s in quantity. And I’m pretty sure because I’m paying $10,000 more than earlier Plaid orders mine will be filled before cheaper versions with the same configuration. Tesla doesn’t give any f***s about long suffering Plaid customers at the earlier price. As far as they are concerned, they can go f*** themselves.

Of course they are. It’s the Tesla way.

I ordered a LR in January and a Plaid earlier this month, both with 19” wheels. It’s a certainty my Plaid will arrive first once they start shipping 19’s in quantity. And I’m pretty sure because I’m paying $10,000 more than earlier Plaid orders mine will be filled before cheaper versions with the same configuration. Tesla doesn’t give any f***s about long suffering Plaid customers at the earlier price. As far as they are concerned, they can go f*** themselves.
you're prob right

Yeah, after making the reservation with the configurator saying Feb/Mar, the finalized/paid for order currently immediately says October now for the R1153 order. We'll see if that holds tomorrow and into the next week or get better.
When I ordered my Plaid in July 6 the configurator indicated August but once I submitted payment my account showed an EDD of July. And now? Just blank. The Tesla “string them along” way.

They exist. But they're super rare. Which I'm ok with. What I'm not OK with is Tesla giving a car to someone when there's Jan orders with the same config. This is some major BS. I'm calling tomorrow. Prob not going to get any info. Texted my SA again with my displeasure, first one where I've expressed any real disgruntled feelings.
Doubleshot, I love the profile pic, has me rofl. 🤣

Well I was surprised this morning to a VIN. Ordered 1/5/21 Blue/Black/19s. Switched to 21s on 7/5/21. EDD 13-16 Aug. I’m not going to get that excited. I’ll believe it when I take delivery. Only THEN will I sell my 2021 (Dec of 2020 delivery) MSLR. (Blue/White/19s 6600 miles on it if anyone is interested 😝)