Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And me with a 11444 is blank after having an August date for the last couple weeks. MSM w/ black interior/wood and 19s. :/
I believe that when it goes blank the car is moving to another step in the process. Say, from paint to build line, or build line to testing and certs. If you were Aug before then you will be back at Aug soon. Granted supply issues could push a whole group of builds back. I believe the system is working how it is designed to work. The problem has to be component supply? Or maybe a Covid slow down? There has to be some kind of method to this madness. How does a guy put together the people to build an electric car manufacturer, a fully functioning space program, among the other things Elon has going. Didn't a couple CEOs leave recently? Maybe their replacements aren't up to the task and the system has taken a serious hit? Yes the communication sucks but they are building more cars every quarter. It HAS to be something outside the norm. OR it's just us Freaks in here losing our sh it and the normal people are just waiting for their cars?

My model 3 screen had a scratch bc someone was being goofy and their keys hit the screen. Let’s just say … I wasn’t too pissed but luckily it wasn’t a big scratch either. The individual who did it is no longer in my life. It was a side chick I used to hang out. Not anymore 😁

I feel your pain. All of my side chicks scratched my car up with their red bottom shoes as well. Sad life. Sad.

@a1machinista1 - I think you are right. Every time in changes in the internal system is screws up the estimate.

For those of you with a VIN that haven't taken delivery yet, does the VIN shows up on the new account dashboard? Or just the RN?

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.23.06 PM.png

I ordered one and it's still not here
I ordered two and neither are here.

On a side note, I did get a VIN on my S! Although it’s a 2021 Macan S. Simply unbelievable experience. Couldn’t wait any longer for a real car as five months plus with just an SL450 just wasn’t cutting it as the wife and I travel a lot. So I called a number of dealerships and all had zero inventory or wanted $5,000 over plus for something in stock. Then Porsche Woodland Hills said, no, we have a dozen in stock and just MSRP. Also gave me more than Carmax for the SL.

Another side note. They had several 2019s of the same trim level for $1,000 less. Who is buying cars two years old for a grand off a new car?

Last side note. Now that I have a car to get me thru the LR 19” wait I’m cancelling the Plaid. Really felt bad about enabling Tesla’s screwing of LR orders. That weight is lifted.

Attachments

• BB48EBCB-4349-4DEF-B8F7-6A469BA3EB88.jpeg
    BB48EBCB-4349-4DEF-B8F7-6A469BA3EB88.jpeg
    670.5 KB · Views: 60
Ordered a MSLR White exterior/White interior/19 on 7/15. Delivery Advisor said there‘s a shortage of white interior and 19 wheels so today I called him to change it to a White exterior /Black interior/21 spec. This guy changes it to black exterior leaves the white interior and adds the 21 inch wheels. Literally getting booted out of the line for fun when he is the one who first mentioned the shortages. haven’t had a car for 2 weeks I don’t even want to know how y’all have been doing this for months.

Attachments

• 9EB08A9A-DB02-47D7-B99C-54869A62CCB0.png
    9EB08A9A-DB02-47D7-B99C-54869A62CCB0.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 61
We are RN115 and have been Oct since June 2nd. Never changed or disappeared.
In edition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
I’m 1149 and you are spot on, at least for me

I’m 1142 and was july now blank. Hoping I get a august Edd soon if your correct
You're rocking the same config I am (MSM/Black/19") but you ordered 3 months before I did. Best I can tell, they set EDDs from the East Coast (early qtr delivery) back to the West Coast at the end of the quarter so it's not a just world where you don't get yours in the first batch.

Ordered a MSLR White exterior/White interior/19 on 7/15. Delivery Advisor said there‘s a shortage of white interior and 19 wheels so today I called him to change it to a White exterior /Black interior/21 spec. This guy changes it to black exterior leaves the white interior and adds the 21 inch wheels. Literally getting booted out of the line for fun when he is the one who first mentioned the shortages. haven’t had a car for 2 weeks I don’t even want to know how y’all have been doing this for months.
some of us have purchased used cars for basic transportation, with the plan to sell them once the tesla's arrive. Then sell the used car for at least price paid due to crazy used market conditions.

Thats the plan anyways. lol

I have never used one in 3 previous Teslas. Unlike a cell phone, the screen in your car is stationary and not constantly being placed in and out of pockets, purses or backpacks. There's no concern you may accidentally drop the screen in your car 😂

How many of you put a screen protector on your iPad?
I don't have screen protector for my iPhone or my iPad, BUT I put a matte screen protector on my Model Y. It wasn't for protection, but to reduce glare. It works so well that I have never had an instance where I could not see the screen because of glare.

Did they increase your price by making the change? The price of the MS went up $5,000 last month and I was under the impression that any changes would get you the new price.

I don't have screen protector for my iPhone or my iPad, BUT I put a matte screen protector on my Model Y. It wasn't for protection, but to reduce glare. It works so well that I have never had an instance where I could not see the screen because of glare.
I have never had a screen protector on 4 different Tesla's, and never once experienced glare either.