Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys! Interesting turn of events. I am in Raleigh and placed my order by the end of May RN1150. Originally it was White/Cream/19/NoFSD. I never had an EDD; it was always blank. I changed the order in early July, replacing the 19 with the 21 wheels. Two weeks later, I had an EDD showing Aug 1 - Aug 15. As I got closer to the date, it started moving by a day every day. By late July, it changed back to blank. A few days later, it came back, and the earlier date was always 15 days after the current date. I never had a VIN until this morning. Overnight a VIN was assigned, and I got an email to finalize my payment.

The real interesting here is that I have a VIN, but my EDD date now is October!?!? o_O

View attachment 692357
Wow nice, similar order timing here but white interior and in Texas. We'll see if white interior is still a bit of a holdup keeping us in October...

Reactions: Tigers
As an update, this proved successful. I emailed them yesterday and received an immediate boilerplate response, followed by a real response a couple hours later. They said my order has been updated to include the referral code.
Thank you!
Me as well.

Still blank, but my SA as of last week says orders like mine should be coming in late September / early October but he knows nothing more than that.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
As an update, this proved successful. I emailed them yesterday and received an immediate boilerplate response, followed by a real response a couple hours later. They said my order has been updated to include the referral code.
Thank you!
I emailed the same (Tuesday 11am EDT) and received the auto response. I have not heard anything since. I hope I receive the same response.

Reactions: gbailey
It's unfortunate that Tesla doesn't know/doesn't care what its most fervent customers, us early adaptors, think about this company. My first of three Teslas was a 2012 Signature Red and I'll hold onto my current order because there is no alternative. But for many of us, four or five years from now when we're ready for a new car there will be viable alternatives from the likes of BMW and MB as well as others and I won't go through this again. Will you?
Never owned a Tesla most likly won’t buy another one. I went looking at alternatives but as far as I’m concerned it’s nothing else I like. People keep saying once you get it everything will be ok but idk this crap is foul and seems like a trash company that won’t do well when a viable competitor comes on the scene.

My problem with the competition EVs, now and in the future, is their unlikely transition to Tesla’s approach; Tesla says “they are a technology company not a car company”. I am willing to wait longer for complex systems which have the potential for continual updates via Software. They can refine my car from year to year. Competitors might not take this approach. But, maybe I am being pessimistic w.r.t others. I am also new to Tesla…first order and blank EDD (white/Cream+21”+NoFSD+JuneOrder+RN1151…)

Reactions: Ormond
So after driving our new LR as others have done, a few takeaways:

1. Fit and finish is amazing and MUCH improved over prior cars, including my 2020 Model 3 as well.
2. Acceleration is PLENTY fast. Cant imagine a Plaid. This will more then suffice for any non performance enthusiast.
3. Could be me but suspension feels better as well.
4. Lots more storage then I imagined.
5. Worth converting to the 21" rims. They really do look great!
6. The cooled seats are super amazing and clutch here in FL.
7. Yoke is a non issue but does help visibility!

As it stands right now I’m on the same boat as everyone else, EDD is gone but I did receive an email from Tesla this morning. Not sure what to make of this.
I just took delivery of a Model Y in June and they only sent that email a week before delivery. I already had a VIN at that point though. Seems like a positive sign!

Is there increased hope for a faster timeline for those of us in major cities? I'm in Chicago and they seem to have big deliveries of M3/Y at the dealership near my house so I wonder if being in a seemingly major hub helps
Yes and Chicago especially is a good location. Tesla ships cars via rail and they stop in Chicago to transfer to trucks for midwest delivery or local delivery.

Reactions: Tigers
I just took delivery of a Model Y in June and they only sent that email a week before delivery. I already had a VIN at that point though. Seems like a positive sign!

Just spoke to the manager at Springfield delivery center, based on my conversation they are just waiting for a vin to be assigned 🤷‍♂️. Not going to lie, got a little excited. But then again as I’m Rn 1149, white with black interior on 21”. Odds are I won’t see a vin for a few months still.

Yes and Chicago especially is a good location. Tesla ships cars via rail and they stop in Chicago to transfer to trucks for midwest delivery or local delivery.
I am in Chicago Red, 21, Black - RN 1149 and I had an Aug 16th to 23rd date a few days ago. The SA told me the 23rd is when he has it showing up on his side. With that said, still no VIN and I am back to blank :-/

Is there increased hope for a faster timeline for those of us in major cities? I'm in Chicago and they seem to have big deliveries of M3/Y at the dealership near my house so I wonder if being in a seemingly major hub helps
I hope so too... My SA just told me I am still looking at September timeframe. EDD was August all along and went blank on Monday. This is not fun and thanks to this group (or no thanks that I am on this reading posts 8 hours a day o_O) 🤞

• Funny
Well, just got off the phone with an SA at a different service center.

I have a "soft match" with an expected Factory Gate Date of "Mid-September to Mid-October" and he said it could be late October before it makes it to the service center for pickup.

There is no way they have more demand than 2k cars/wk that the line can churn out, and yet it's going to take 7 months to get it to me. This is crazy.

Well, just got off the phone with an SA at a different service center.

I have a "soft match" with an expected Factory Gate Date of "Mid-September to Mid-October" and he said it could be late October before it makes it to the service center for pickup.

There is no way they have more demand than 2k cars/wk that the line can churn out, and yet it's going to take 7 months to get it to me. This is crazy.
I'd be amazed if they even got 5k out this entire quarter. These things are coming out drip feed.