Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s about as vague and weak a source as “my SA told me”.

Unless you were speaking directly to Zachary Kirkhorn, your source is full of it.

There would be plenty of people who would be privy to internal costs increasing. Not saying his source isn't full of it, as they may be, however to imply the CFO is the only one (or even, the first one) who knows of cost increases is absurd.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
There would be plenty of people who would be privy to internal costs increasing. Not saying his source isn't full of it, as they may be, however to imply the CFO is the only one (or even, the first one) who knows of cost increases is absurd.
That’s not what anyone is talking about. OP said the Model S is not profitable. That is total BS.
Yes, everyone and their mother knows components are more expensive now. To what degree and how that fits into overall profitability of the finished product, very few people have that knowledge.
Your standard VP at Tesla has zero idea what the margins are on their vehicles.

Ordered 4/25 with 10-14 weeks estimate (if I remember the estimate correctly).
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Went blank for about a week in early-June, then started showing August since then. Added FSD on today and it still showing August. August 1st would be 14 weeks from date of order.
I am now February as well after being told to expected delivery "soon" in early-July. Was August until today. SA reached out, had me apply for credit and order a wall charger. I specifically told my SA I don't want my credit pulled until the car is going to be delivered. Was assured it won't be that long and they're ready for credit.

Starting the process of returning my wall charger. I don't think Tesla is for me. This is my 3rd attempt at buying one in the past 6 years and it always goes south. Likely getting into another ICE for now. Been looking at a M5 Competition. May consider a Lucid Air if they figure out their delivery timelines too.

Reactions: Filter
I am now February as well after being told to expected delivery "soon" in early-July. Was August until today. SA reached out, had me apply for credit and order a wall charger. I specifically told my SA I don't want my credit pulled until the car is going to be delivered. Was assured it won't be that long and they're ready for credit.

Starting the process of returning my wall charger. I don't think Tesla is for me. This is my 3rd attempt at buying one in the past 6 years and it always goes south. Likely getting into another ICE for now. Been looking at a M5 Competition. May consider a Lucid Air if they figure out their delivery timelines too.
It's shocking and extremely SAD that Tesla's corporate culture is what it is. Most other companies operating this way would be out of business by now. The product itself might be incredible, however treating customers this way can and will bite them. As previously stated, this is my 1st Tesla and last Tesla regardless of how much I might like the car.

Tesla and it's technology could rule the world, yet it might be on the path in the opposite direction. How SAD!!

Reactions: cwanja