Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been told this? "Pay the 10K and get it delivered soon"? Sounds made up but who knows....
I asked my SA about that in the context of what happens if someone doesn’t take delivery, can I get on that list to get one sooner. He said that would count as a new order and would be subject to the increase.

I wonder if the distance from the factory makes any difference? I stay 20 ~ 30 mins away from Fremont factory showroom.
I wonder if the distance from the factory makes any difference? I stay 20 ~ 30 mins away from Fremont factory showroom.
In addition to the obvious build factors, I think location and payment are very important. I am less than a half hour from the Fremont factory. This MS will be my fourth Tesla order. It’s always the same. They prioritize shipping east at the beginning of the quarter, and California at the end. I always get the same call, even though I can’t recall getting a VIN: “We have your car. You need to take delivery today/tomorrow/next week.” My current EDD is October 31-November 20, but there is a good chance I will get “the call” in late September.

In addition to the obvious build factors, I think location and payment are very important. I am less than a half hour from the Fremont factory. This MS will be my fourth Tesla order. It’s always the same. They prioritize shipping east at the beginning of the quarter, and California at the end. I always get the same call, even though I can’t recall getting a VIN: “We have your car. You need to take delivery today/tomorrow/next week.” My current EDD is October 31-November 20, but there is a good chance I will get “the call” in late September.
Agree, they seem to save CA deliveries for EOQ rushes mainly in bulk, ship East/other before or time them out to beat end of quarter. But they do have a network of shippers and trains/trucks to fill so in general they have to allocate a decent number to all delivery center locations to ultimately deliver as many as possible - it would be wasteful not to use all those "pipelines" of shipping that are ready to go - these days shipping is harder to come by.

So MSM/black 19” no FSD.. RN 1147 ordered 4/3.
got dates sep 20 - 30
Now that close to EOQ in the Midwest… do I believe it…. Maybe… I’ll believe a VIN more!

Question is… potentially 40 days out… time to get the credit app moving ? I’m inclined to think no…

anyone have some recent timing on days from auto loan application to purchase ?
Thxs

is this true?

“Several Tesla customers are reporting to us that essentially they’ve been offered delivery next month in exchange for $10,000 or wait until next year. Not a good look at all.”

I kinda believe it.
My lower value "cheaper" order go pushed to February.
My bit higher value after one price increase order is still October - for now.

First time I got a date range:

RN1143 ordered January prerefresh: LR Black/white/19” no FSD - now 10/14-no ones 11/3. It’s a date at least but comeonnnnnn 10-11months out??
Looks like I am not the only one that got pushed wayyyy back:

Estimated Delivery: November 10 - November 30

Orders 1/27. Delivery was July for a I asked my SA about that in the context of what happens if someone doesn’t take delivery, can I get on that list to get one sooner. He said that would count as a new order and would be subject to the increase.
mine said the opposite.

Ordered a Blue/Cream/19/FSD 2 days ago.
- Initial delivery estimate: April, 2022
- As of this morning: Nov 28 - Dec 18

Actually, if it's that close to the end of the year, I'd prefer a December date because I want the '22 California HOV sticker. :) Don't deliver too soon!
I remember someone telling in a previous post that if you apply for the HOV sticker in 22, even if the car was delivered in 21, you'll get the 22 HOV sticker. Anecdotal evidence though.

Reactions: Danlbrau
I remember someone telling in a previous post that if you apply for the HOV sticker in 22, even if the car was delivered in 21, you'll get the 22 HOV sticker. Anecdotal evidence though.
RN115437505
I only ordered 3 days ago. NJ/Plaid/Msm/19/carbonfiber/FSD

Estimated Delivery: September 12 - September 30​

Is this date possible? Should i scramble to sell my model 3P this month? I was expecting Dec/Jan delivery….
Probably, you ordered a plaid. Maybe towards the latter date.
This is a Long Range thread mainly btw.

Reactions: GrnSqrl