Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow LR waiters,

My first update since March 2021 when my delivery date went blank.

Ordered 2/21, Fremont pick up, S LR, MSM, 19", no FSD
EDD: September 15-30

1628644621288.png

at this point, I think the delays are simply due to the large backlog that Tesla caused by selling cars that didn’t exist and that Tesla wasn’t prepared to produce. I believe Tesla has finally finished designing all configurations of the refresh, including the standard configuration with 19” wheels, and now for the first time is ready to make and sell them. The reason some people will get their cars after others is that Tesla will make the cars in batches. For efficiency, they’re going to make batches of black interiors, then batches of cream interiors, then batches of white interiors, etc.
I disagree. There is definitely a problem with the white interiors as far as availability

Where is the plaid version thread bruv? Been looking all over the place. There’s no dedicated plaid section, right?

RN11439XXX, Red, White, 19 wheels, ordered in February. Date pushed to Nov 10-30. Was promised a 2K credit for placing my order prior to the refresh. I think that's lost in conversation now.
If you want the two grand, you better call an SA and tell them you want it noted on your order. I checked mine and there was no notation. They have to get special approval from above for it. Many people have taken deliveries and had to fight for it later. It took a couple weeks but mine is now on the order.

Not a dedicated Plaid thread.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyb_ and doubleshot
Not a dedicated Plaid thread.
You want a dedicated plaid thread. Start one. This isn't it. You can go and talk in the general thread because that one is mostly Plaid deliveries mixed in with LR. But this one is LR only updates. Thanks.

And in case you're wondering why LR buyers would be bitter against Plaid buyers in this thread. Take a look at your EDD then take a look at mine. Then look at our order dates.

I ordered mine (April EDD) and then changed something (color iirc) and received a $100 fee for changing it. If I want to change anything else I figure I’ll just cancel and reorder since that would be cheaper. After reading about so many people changing rims to try to speed delivery I did not realize there would be a fee associated. I figured since I’m no where near getting my car I could change things up until I get a VIN or it starts being built. Oops.

I ordered mine (April EDD) and then changed something (color iirc) and received a $100 fee for changing it. If I want to change anything else I figure I’ll just cancel and reorder since that would be cheaper. After reading about so many people changing rims to try to speed delivery I did not realize there would be a fee associated. I figured since I’m no where near getting my car I could change things up until I get a VIN or it starts being built. Oops.
You had a $100 fee? That's strange. There is a $100 order fee at the beginning that you would have paid. Is that what you're thinking?

Running a little test, new 3rd order below (in red), same config but the $10K more price and Cream interior. Starting with an April estimate tonight and we'll see where it goes compared to the earlier "cheaper" and white interior orders.

Model S 21.5 | Pearl White | Ultra White | 21s | RN11504, ETA = February
Model S 21.5 | MSM | Ultra White | 21s | RN11539, ETA = October

Model S 21.5 | Pearl White | Cream | 21s | RN11546, ETA = April

Running a little test, new 3rd order below (in red), same config but the $10K more price and Cream interior. Starting with an April estimate tonight and we'll see where it goes compared to the earlier "cheaper" and white interior orders.

Model S 21.5 | Pearl White | Ultra White | 21s | RN11504, ETA = February
Model S 21.5 | MSM | Ultra White | 21s | RN11539, ETA = October

Model S 21.5 | Pearl White | Cream | 21s | RN11546, ETA = April
I can’t imagine your RN1153 order will stay October. Mine is also 1153 with red exterior and 19 wheels. It was October but is now February

Reactions: cwanja
You want a dedicated plaid thread. Start one. This isn't it. You can go and talk in the general thread because that one is mostly Plaid deliveries mixed in with LR. But this one is LR only updates. Thanks.

And in case you're wondering why LR buyers would be bitter against Plaid buyers in this thread. Take a look at your EDD then take a look at mine. Then look at our order dates.
Cop a plaid bro then flip into an
LR…

My March 8 order had been steady at August for at least two months. Today, after getting the same email as everyone, it reads February. The only good point is that I would get the federal tax credit If I was willing to wait that long. One thing is for sure, if the EQS is available before they offer me my Tesla, I will go EQS.

LR Refresh related question if I may:

One of my cars has lots of carbon fiber both interior and exterior. I'm considering a carbon fiber spoiler for my LR and the OEM for the refresh is not available yet. Shame, prior years, the part is shipped to the delivery center and Tesla installation is included in the price. Anyone aware if/when one will be available? Anyone considered an aftermarket piece? Thx!!

You had a $100 fee? That's strange. There is a $100 order fee at the beginning that you would have paid. Is that what you're thinking?
I misread it as an additional $100 fee. It was a wheel change actually. Just the same $100 order fee on both. Glad you said something, thank you. But now it looks like I cannot modify myself, assuming I have to contact SA for additional changes?

Reactions: doubleshot