Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my EDD finally after being blank forever.

Estimated Delivery: August 28 - September 17​

OD 2/4 RN1144, MSM/black, 19, FSD. NE Wisconsin - Chicago pickup.
This makes some sense. You ordered 20 days before me, your configuration is identical, my RN is 1145 and I got an EDD yesterday of Sep 7 - Sep 27. Under the theory that they build in batches this makes some sense.

without providing legal advice…you’d have to ask a lawyer about this stuff…

Knowingly providing false estimates of the delivery date (if, for example, Tesla knew in January that it would not be delivering cars sold then in February or March) may be illegal.

Prioritizing new, more expensive plaid orders over LR orders for which Tesla is six months past its delivery estimate may be deemed a violation of good faith and fair dealing.

I understand Tesla is a growing company that needs to make a profit (consistently). The delivery process and customer service or (lack there of) are unacceptable frankly. I am at week 11 and someone in my city ordered the exact car we did 4 weeks ago picked up their car yesterday. Just tell me why? Call me and tell me that supply chains are really stretched, tell me you can't find people that want to work. Hell, call me and tell me that for the good of the company you need to issue some cars before others, regardless of OD... I can get behind that and find peace with it. But to keep us guessing is just a bad look.

Ok guys....I think I’m the third person who has this. I literally just got an email from Tesla with delivery paperwork and I looked at my account and I have a VIN, BUT delivery still says February. Not sure what to make of it 🤔

Attachments

• 8F637E51-A662-45F4-9A7E-59CF25D20FF9.jpeg
    8F637E51-A662-45F4-9A7E-59CF25D20FF9.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 74
Ok guys....I think I’m the third person who has this. I literally just got an email from Tesla with delivery paperwork and I looked at my account and I have a VIN, BUT delivery still says February. Not sure what to make of it 🤔
The list is growing. VIN today, one that makes sequential sense for near term delivery, yet my new EDD is January.

I understand Tesla is a growing company that needs to make a profit (consistently). The delivery process and customer service or (lack there of) are unacceptable frankly. I am at week 11 and someone in my city ordered the exact car we did 4 weeks ago picked up their car yesterday. Just tell me why? Call me and tell me that supply chains are really stretched, tell me you can't find people that want to work. Hell, call me and tell me that for the good of the company you need to issue some cars before others, regardless of OD... I can get behind that and find peace with it. But to keep us guessing is just a bad look.
I wonder if paying cash makes a difference? I currently have a favorable delivery estimate compared to someone else in LA with the same configuration who ordered around the same time as me. The other possibility is that specific Tesla pickup location is what matters, not metropolitan area. (I think I entered Burbank.)

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
I wonder if paying cash makes a difference? I currently have a favorable delivery estimate compared to someone else in LA with the same configuration who ordered around the same time as me. The other possibility is that specific Tesla pickup location is what matters, not metropolitan area. (I think I entered Burbank.)

I have $140k in cash (check actually) that I will hand over as soon as they get me our cars. You hear that Elon??? Come get your money!!!!!

Is this roughly how the EDDs are split into assuming that your profile is set up correctly? I assume the orders within each of these buckets are then prioritized (primarily) by order date.

1. Plaid 21s
2. Plaid 19s
3. LR 21s non-white interior
4. LR 21s white interior
5. LR 19s non-white interior
6. LR 19s white interior

I'm in bucket 6 with an order date of 5/4 and an EDD of mid Dec/Early Jan. I probably would have chosen a different option had I known that this would be the case.....
In the same boat Congo. Thought Tesla had this in order and who could have predicted the white interior shortage. TBH I still think it's worth waiting 2 months more for the interior you love, as you will most likely have this care for a few years. Why settle for something you don't like as much.