Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First substantive post here! Hey Y'all! A little summary of my LR Experience.... Ordered shortly after announcement, upgraded to arachnids. Started screenshooting dates and times about 2 months or so ago when it started to seem funny but seen dates ranging from May to July to October-November to finally an august date range (this is the first time I've had a range).

A little background. I have a home in Fremont / use that address for all orders and generally have been amongst first deliveries for new cars. Had one of the first model x's and a couple model 3's that deployed to employees (not on my account now) and a few y's all of which we received shortly after orders started shipping. This is the first time that my proximity to the factory didn't seem to afford a little advantage in delivery logistics. Fingers crossed there's another date bump up as the 16th is my birthday and couldn't think of a better present :p

Periodically have stopped by the factory and heard various stories and answers that didn't add up / continuing the theme of SA's and employees either not being privy to the info or just tired of answering the same question. I feel for them! They are working hard and its not their fault production isn't meeting demand. From the restaurant industry, I always feel bad when the front of house staff get blamed for a back of house problem and I imagine that's what SA and store managers are going through. Excited for my new toy and hopefully updates incoming soon with vehicle in hand! I let them know to call me as I am literally walking distance from the factory so no need to delay getting me my car ;P
We must be Doppelgängers 😂. My birthday is also on the 16th and I am also in the restaurant business. Are you Italian too? Lol

Reactions: Ormond and T-Racer
Many of us are seeing fairly tight EDDs in the very near future for cars with 19" wheels (mine included!), but still, no one has received a LR with 19" wheels yet, correct? It's hard to take these EDDs seriously if no 19" cars are being delivered yet. That would be quite the steep manufacturing start-up curve, akin to going from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds.
I posted photos on July 26th of a Model S Long Range with 19” wheels, outside of a Chicago area Tesla store. That would suggest that at least one has been delivered with 19” wheels.

Awaiting MS LR, MSM, Black, 19"; ordered January 2021, RN1143

Saw a new MS LR in black, with 19" wheels at a Chicago area Tesla store today, so I went inside to ask about my July EDD. They looked up my order and said it was only as far as build planning now, so mid- to late-August would be more realistic. However, they did say that they have been receiving new MS deliveries for the past several weeks.

View attachment 688439View attachment 688441

Reactions: cwanja
How long did it take for them to apply it? Did you start the process once you got the VIN?
I had asked about it before I had a vin. I was told it would be applied right before delivery. I went to the delivery center a week out just to verify and they said they saw the notes on the account for the exception. I was still wary but lo and behold it appeared 3 days prior like they said.

As of earlier today (August 12th), our EDD improved by two days on the beginning and three days on the end to August 24 - September 12. It had been August 26 - September 15, which in turn was a few days later than our first-ever date range that showed up on August 7th.

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels

Reactions: cwanja
There's a number of different wheel threads in the Driving Dynamics section and Interior and Exterior. If you don't find what you're after there, there create a new thread. It's a bit daft asking someone to make a wheel thread :)
jm404 said:
Can someone make a wheel thread please, I'm here for updates related to LR delivery
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think what @jm404 was suggesting was to stop posting about aftermarket wheels in this thread, which is "2021 Refresh S LR Delivery Tracking". Those who are more interested in aftermarket wheels than in MS LR deliveries would probably like a dedicated thread for that--whether it is part of an existing thread as you noted or by creating a new aftermarket wheel thread if those posts will not fit within an existing thread.

That’s what I thought, given I have an identical config with someone on the east coast and a date range of Sept 14-30. Then it occurred to me the first of that run will be shipped east, and since I’m a Fremont pickup I’ll probably get the last of that production run since they can deliver mine right up until Sept 30. And of course after pushing vacation dates back all year I finally settled on Sept 21-30. So I’m probably screwed.
Ha! Same position here. After waiting all year I’m going on vacation September 21-October 7. No doubt in my mind those dates are going to suck up a Model X. I will be so pissed

First substantive post here! Hey Y'all! A little summary of my LR Experience.... Ordered shortly after announcement, upgraded to arachnids. Started screenshooting dates and times about 2 months or so ago when it started to seem funny but seen dates ranging from May to July to October-November to finally an august date range (this is the first time I've had a range).

A little background. I have a home in Fremont / use that address for all orders and generally have been amongst first deliveries for new cars. Had one of the first model x's and a couple model 3's that deployed to employees (not on my account now) and a few y's all of which we received shortly after orders started shipping. This is the first time that my proximity to the factory didn't seem to afford a little advantage in delivery logistics. Fingers crossed there's another date bump up as the 16th is my birthday and couldn't think of a better present :p

Periodically have stopped by the factory and heard various stories and answers that didn't add up / continuing the theme of SA's and employees either not being privy to the info or just tired of answering the same question. I feel for them! They are working hard and its not their fault production isn't meeting demand. From the restaurant industry, I always feel bad when the front of house staff get blamed for a back of house problem and I imagine that's what SA and store managers are going through. Excited for my new toy and hopefully updates incoming soon with vehicle in hand! I let them know to call me as I am literally walking distance from the factory so no need to delay getting me my car ;P
Was home charging always an option even before the new "dash board" lay out?

You must be referring to their communication issues. The car itself is ridiculously awesome.
I also hear the car is awesome; however, I believe the op is referring to Marc's checklist on delivery day to check gap issues as well as many dozens of other issues many have suffered on numerous delivery days. Valid checklist that makes us newbies think WTF??