Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for you guys in cold weather states. Delivery with Summer Tires.?.?

My LR 21" has been pushed back to roughly end of November from September. I live in The Denver Metro area and we get cold and snow.

Pretty sure it is what it is but how do you all handle delivery of a vehicle with summer tires that should be not be driven or kept in weather below 40 degrees. The Tesla center I will be delivered to does not have indoor storage as far as I know. I guess It will require a little bit of luck with the weather but I am keeping my fingers crossed that when the car arrives it's not a blizzard out and freezing. I do not want to damage my tires/vehicle.

I do put snow tires on all my vehicles and I planned to do something with the Tesla but was really hoping to have some seat time before immediately needing to swap tires and possibly wheels.

Anyone have any opinions??

Man, I was hoping my dates would keep moving up like others but they've stuck the same since last weeks big update. An order with Nov-Dec, Dec-Jan, and then February date. I really want the February white interior to pop forward (its a cheaper price build also), but seems unlikely - keeping it though in case it surprises me and white interiors just start flowing for some reason...

Question for you guys in cold weather states. Delivery with Summer Tires.?.?

My LR 21" has been pushed back to roughly end of November from September. I live in The Denver Metro area and we get cold and snow.

Pretty sure it is what it is but how do you all handle delivery of a vehicle with summer tires that should be not be driven or kept in weather below 40 degrees. The Tesla center I will be delivered to does not have indoor storage as far as I know. I guess It will require a little bit of luck with the weather but I am keeping my fingers crossed that when the car arrives it's not a blizzard out and freezing. I do not want to damage my tires/vehicle.

I do put snow tires on all my vehicles and I planned to do something with the Tesla but was really hoping to have some seat time before immediately needing to swap tires and possibly wheels.

Anyone have any opinions??
Yeah, change your order to 19s (if you can without getting price screwed), which come with all season tires and buy 21s as a second set. That's what I am doing.

Dude, if this is probable proof, Tesla can be sued under class action!
Everyone keeps getting fired up about this but check his config. Blue with black interior and 21s. It’s extremely clear that 19s have held up production, so not insane to think that popular colors (blue and black) and non constrained interiors (black and cream) could get from start to finish fast.

Tesla is probably not malicious, just incompetent.

yeah I actually ordered under 3 separate price points to do some A/B testing and also to see if tesla would prioritize shipping the highest price models first

so far its looking like that may be true 🙁
I have the same. My most $$$ order has earliest date, $$ order is later, and $ order is all the way out to February (but that one also is the only one with white interior so not best data - but it was placed almost 2-3 months before the others).