Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my delivery date Aug 29th at noon. Having trouble with where the pickup is going to be. When I called about the 2,000 not showing up, they did say it has been noted and my pickup point is home delivery. I have talked to them twice and both times said home delivery. First off I never asked for that and second, I live over 300 miles from closest delivery center. They did say they would be in contact with me as the time gets closer.
Damn this is a sh!t show. I hope they get this worked out for you.

Reactions: cwanja and GaryTX
We are down to a 10-day delivery window as of today, which seems encouraging. Although the start of the EDD range has been slipping by one day each day for the past week, the end of the EDD range has been holding constant at September 08 (except for one day when it was the 9th):

61 days as of January: EDD March - April
31 days as of July: EDD July
15 days as of August 07th: EDD August 22 - September 05;
21 days as of August 10th: EDD August 26 - September 15;
20 days as of August 12th: EDD August 24 - September 12
15 days as of August 13th: EDD August 25 - September 08
15 days as of August 14th: EDD August 26 - September 09
13 days as of August 15th: EDD August 27 - September 08
12 days as of August 16th: EDD August 28 - September 08
11 days as of August 17th: EDD August 29 - September 08
10 days as of August 18th: EDD August 30 - September 08

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels

I mean at some point we have to live our lives right? :) If I could count on a date in advance I would schedule around it. I have no plans in September because I was expecting my vehicle in September. Now it's been December, November, etc....who knows when, then all of a sudden we will have a 3 day window to pick up. It seems like they could be a little more forgiving especially if we pay for the vehicle but I am trying not to lose any sleep over it and will worry when the time comes, IF it is a problem.
Exactly. Like many, when I ordered in January I was told March, no, April, wait, June actually. Then nothing for months. Then September. But if I’m not available during that 72 hour window, go screw yourself. How any company can do business like this and not realize they are conditioning their most loyal customers to shop the competition next time is beyond comprehension.

It's strange that you have a 2-day delivery window and no VIN. Are you picking up at the factory?
Nope, I picked up my P85 in 2013 at the Factory but not this car. Either at the original Rocklin (north of Sacramento) store, or at the new Arden store that's 2 miles from my home. Not sure they're doing deliveries at Arden yet, I think they are. The 2 day window is mid-week, I'm a surgeon and am not going to inconvenience patients to reschedule surgeries or office visits to make this happen. Maybe they do evening deliveries but I sure would prefer to see the car in full light before accepting.

Reactions: doubleshot
Couldn’t agree more!!!! It amazes me how they manage to have such a large following. I get they are years ahead of the competition but their business practices are absolutely ridiculous. Can’t be that hard to give people realistic dates, the type that doesn’t change daily. 🤷‍♂️
Serious question: would you prefer to have precise but not accurate EDDs that move around, like what we've seen in the last week, or vague/coarse EDDs that are month-based (or no EDD at all!) such as what we've had before last Monday?

Serious question: would you prefer to have precise but not accurate EDDs that move around, like what we've seen in the last week, or vague/coarse EDDs that are month-based (or no EDD at all!) such as what we've had before last Monday?
Honestly the way it was before worked for me. I had no expectations of getting my car until probably October or later, but when until yesterday my EDD was 2 weeks away and now is 3 months 🤣 sorta hurts. They build you up then shoot you down. Only good thing coming out of this is that I know I’m not alone. Hurry up and wait 😄

I prefer honesty, integrity & FACTS!!
I you feel Tesla is not being honest and doesn't have integrity, why are you buying a car from them?
As far as "FACTS" go, they are giving you estimated dates which change as supply chain and logistics change. When the facts of their logistics change, they change the estimates. Yes, the supply and logistics situation does change daily, even hourly and they are giving you the latest updates from the facts as they know them.

I have my delivery date Aug 29th at noon. Having trouble with where the pickup is going to be. When I called about the 2,000 not showing up, they did say it has been noted and my pickup point is home delivery. I have talked to them twice and both times said home delivery. First off I never asked for that and second, I live over 300 miles from closest delivery center. They did say they would be in contact with me as the time gets closer.
When I ordered, the SA told me they would be unable to deliver mine to where I live and I would need to pick up at the SC. No problem. But when they called me they told me they would be delivering to my home. And they did deliver to me.
Go figure

Reactions: Gaskinse and Jjc8
I you feel Tesla is not being honest and doesn't have integrity, why are you buying a car from them?
As far as "FACTS" go, they are giving you estimated dates which change as supply chain and logistics change. When the facts of their logistics change, they change the estimates. Yes, the supply and logistics situation does change daily, even hourly and they are giving you the latest updates from the facts as they know them.
Why am I buying the car? Amazed and interested in the technology.

I had not a clue ref the famous gaps, build, lack of QC, etc. until AFTER ordering. I surely expected a March delivery as promised and NEVER expected 13 changes, updates, blanks.

I have been tempted to pull the plug on numerous occasions and that might still occur. Time will tell.

Lastly, part of the DeMuro vlog was spot on. While in some respects it's an amazing machine; conversely, the paint and several other imperfections he pointed out are just not to be believed AND especially for a price tag of over $130K when so many competitors at $130K offer a serious luxury machine.

SADLY, many others here seem to share my thoughts...