Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my delivery date Aug 29th at noon. Having trouble with where the pickup is going to be. When I called about the 2,000 not showing up, they did say it has been noted and my pickup point is home delivery. I have talked to them twice and both times said home delivery. First off I never asked for that and second, I live over 300 miles from closest delivery center. They did say they would be in contact with me as the time gets closer.
Since you're in Texas, Tesla is prevented by law from having delivery centers in the state. So, home or public space (a parking lot somewhere, for instance) delivery without a Tesla rep present is the only legal option for them.

The hope is Giga Texas puts pressure on them to change the law to make deliveries more friendly. But as of yet, they're very restricted about the process.

I went through this all the way back in 2012, before they had any presence in my state (Georgia). Did a delivery in the bus lane in a nearby shopping center of all things. It was certainly harrowing, but my SA was a super-helpful and called to check up on me through the process (they get live updates from the delivery truck). I know it's been a long time, but the process is roughly the same and even a bit more refined now. They'll treat you right when it matters and you'll be too focused on the new shiny car to be worried about anything :)

Wow, a little redemption today. Got my first call from a delivery advisor today, Austin area. Stated there is a white/cream/21 build that someone isn't responding to that may be available this Friday. BUT, I'm not in town until 9/1/21 1.5 weeks later so I did have to state that would't work well (ug, my luck). Will have to pass on that one if ends up available.

But, really nice and did take what colors/combos would be open to and offered to see if can get a VIN for me in September if this happens again or a similar match can be made. He knows I have multiple orders available and did state it may trigger a spec change with a match that triggers pricing update, but we'll see about that first.

Feeling bit more optimistic that could get a MS before Nov-Dec at this point but won't get my hopes up.

Reactions: cwanja
My March order is behind a lot of later orders. Ugh.

Oct 18-Nov 7
Sep 4-24
Sep 21-30 / 20-30
Today: Oct 17-Nov 6

This isn’t cool. I even told them, if they can’t get it to me by Oct 24, I need it delayed till Nov 21. They said I’d be sent back to the end of the line if it arrived during that window, nothing they could do.

I haven’t been this pissed since the start of the process.

The fact that 19”s come with summer tires, and that all weather tires aren’t even available from them right now, is just the cherry on top.

I really should cancel my order, but I’m sticking with it because I have the old price locked in.
Hey you're ahead of me at least lol

Reactions: cascadilla
I you feel Tesla is not being honest and doesn't have integrity, why are you buying a car from them?
As far as "FACTS" go, they are giving you estimated dates which change as supply chain and logistics change. When the facts of their logistics change, they change the estimates. Yes, the supply and logistics situation does change daily, even hourly and they are giving you the latest updates from the facts as they know them.
This does not explain the issue with folks that have a VIN. Most of those people even know the born date of their S, however, still no solid EDD from Tesla???

This does not explain the issue with folks that have a VIN. Most of those people even know the born date of their S, however, still no solid EDD from Tesla???
I have a VIN since 8/13 and born on date with a narrow range that I believe accounts for transit time uncertainty from Fremont to NJ via rail and then on truck to PA. One data point only.

Last edited:
We are down to a 10-day delivery window as of today, which seems encouraging. Although the start of the EDD range has been slipping by one day each day for the past week, the end of the EDD range has been holding constant at September 08 (except for one day when it was the 9th):

61 days as of January: EDD March - April
31 days as of July: EDD July
15 days as of August 07th: EDD August 22 - September 05;
21 days as of August 10th: EDD August 26 - September 15;
20 days as of August 12th: EDD August 24 - September 12
15 days as of August 13th: EDD August 25 - September 08
15 days as of August 14th: EDD August 26 - September 09
13 days as of August 15th: EDD August 27 - September 08
12 days as of August 16th: EDD August 28 - September 08
11 days as of August 17th: EDD August 29 - September 08
10 days as of August 18th: EDD August 30 - September 08

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels
I'm also a Chicago pick up RN1144. Your last 4 EDDs have matched mine. Same vehicle config as well. Data looks promising!

Since you're in Texas, Tesla is prevented by law from having delivery centers in the state. So, home or public space (a parking lot somewhere, for instance) delivery without a Tesla rep present is the only legal option for them.

The hope is Giga Texas puts pressure on them to change the law to make deliveries more friendly. But as of yet, they're very restricted about the process.

I went through this all the way back in 2012, before they had any presence in my state (Georgia). Did a delivery in the bus lane in a nearby shopping center of all things. It was certainly harrowing, but my SA was a super-helpful and called to check up on me through the process (they get live updates from the delivery truck). I know it's been a long time, but the process is roughly the same and even a bit more refined now. They'll treat you right when it matters and you'll be too focused on the new shiny car to be worried about anything :)
Err.... no! Texas law prevents Tesla selling direct in Texas. Delivery is at a Service/Delivery center. Paperwork is for out of state sale.

Reactions: cwanja
Exactly. Like many, when I ordered in January I was told March, no, April, wait, June actually. Then nothing for months. Then September. But if I’m not available during that 72 hour window, go screw yourself. How any company can do business like this and not realize they are conditioning their most loyal customers to shop the competition next time is beyond comprehension.
I 100% agree. I wanted to like this post but don't see the option lol

hey guys...order date 3/21 with Tesla financing...date range 9/2 to 9/20...huuuge q:

they never sent me to reapply or refresh the financing...i called them and got a human who said they would have finance send me new forms but its been days...anyone have any advice to get this relocked in??

tia

Frank