Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This pretty much sums up the current state of affairs with the abysmal Tesla customer service. o_O

"Tesla and Elon Musk fan and frontman of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young David Crosby said he has been lied to four times about the delivery date of his electric car, and he is considering taking his business to Porsche if it does not get sorted out.

Crosby is one of the most notable vocal Tesla fans with celebrity status. He has followed Teslarati for some time and says he is an Elon fan. However, Crosby has been waiting for his new Tesla for seven months, and while the company has admittedly struggled with a growing backlog of orders and limited production capacity at its U.S. plant in Fremont, California, the rocker is considering a Porsche instead. It seems Crosby is most upset with the customer service, as his delivery date has not been finalized and it has been changed on several occasions."

1629602515797.png

I have an order of RN1150 Black/White/21, which has been delayed to February recently. I am now on the verge of taking delivery of my back-up order of MYP for the time being. Would this be a bad idea?? Any advice would be appreciated!!
Same here RN1150 order with white interior is Feb. Seems 1150+ seems to be Feb for all white interiors for now with early orders Nov/Dec at earliest.

I’m holding on to that order as white interior is my first choice, so hoping it jumps forward but don’t expect it to. 😩

This pretty much sums up the current state of affairs with the abysmal Tesla customer service. o_O

"Tesla and Elon Musk fan and frontman of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young David Crosby said he has been lied to four times about the delivery date of his electric car, and he is considering taking his business to Porsche if it does not get sorted out.

Crosby is one of the most notable vocal Tesla fans with celebrity status. He has followed Teslarati for some time and says he is an Elon fan. However, Crosby has been waiting for his new Tesla for seven months, and while the company has admittedly struggled with a growing backlog of orders and limited production capacity at its U.S. plant in Fremont, California, the rocker is considering a Porsche instead. It seems Crosby is most upset with the customer service, as his delivery date has not been finalized and it has been changed on several occasions."

View attachment 699822
Well… he will get a call now and a car. We have seen examples of Tesla serving up to influencers and people that out them in social media. Instead of fixing the underlying problems they lubricate the squeaky wheels. Absurd ‘customer service’

View attachment 699822

I wonder how many Taycan purchases are conquest sales taken from Tesla due to customers’ extreme frustration with Tesla’s awful communication during the extended ordering and delivery process?

Reactions: FlatSix911
I wonder how many Taycan purchases are conquest sales taken from Tesla due to customers’ extreme frustration with Tesla’s awful communication during the extended ordering and delivery process?
In my opionion, the Taycan is a completely differant car than the Tesla Model S...in performance, range, storage, styling and price... I considered the Taycan, but selected the Tesla Model S for all those reasons, so the Porsche is not on my radar...and will not be a consideration even with the Tesla devivery delays... Having said that, I could look back to the Genesis G80 Twin Turbo again...

Reactions: foos and Jmworder
I ordered in late May 2021 (5/28/21) and received RN1150XXXXX – Refresh 2021 Model S Long Range, white exterior, black interior, 19" Wheels and FSD...

My EDD was updated on 8/10/21 to 11/28/21 - 12/18/21 and then...
updated to 11/17/21 – 12/7/21 on 8/13/21
updated to 11/22/21 – 12/12/21 on 8/14/21
updated to 11/21/21 – 12/11/21 on 8/15/21
updated to 11/22/21 – 12/12/21 on 8/17/21
updated to 12/7/21 – 12/27/21, today, on 8/22/21

Reactions: Pdubs
If I were David Crosby, I'd run out and get the Porsche - I know my local dealer has a variety in stock. Then wait out the Model S, enjoying Tesla delivery deja vu (as I am, actually). And think about getting a haircut. (Puzzled? Bone up on CSN(Y) history.)

Regarding "lies": A harsh term, over which intent is a factor, but I agree that Musk/Tesla crossed a line last January - call it willfully negligent over-optimism, different from 'normal' Elon time. Production people within Tesla must have known that production was not going to begin in February. Or March. Or April....

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Est. delivery: September 9 - September 29 , Mt. Kisco, no VIN.

Rookie question here. For resale value, would end of year deliveries be considered a 2022 model?
Whatever year the vin is attached to upon release. I’ve read they stay 2021 right up to January deliveries. I’ve seen a lot that says they start changing in October. I’ve seen more that say the date it’s produced and rolls off the factory floor is the date it is. Regardless, in this Tesla world the army in the know will get it at time of sale. Meaning, if you got it 12/31 and it was called a 21, folks would understand it’s no different than the 22 someone got the week of 1/1 a week later. For this batch of July through next year and beyond, unless something major changes like a new steering wheel or some body change, they’re all the same with same software updates. A plaid will be a plaid and a long range refresh will be the refresh LR. In the past, years aligned with battery sizes and which ”P” model it was, did it have a retractable sunroof, was premium connectivity and supercharging included etc and the year meant more. Going forward and until a major change, year will just mean how much mileage and original price the way it’s moving around.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: glide and MEL-22
I ordered in late May 2021 (5/28/21) and received RN1150XXXXX – Refresh 2021 Model S Long Range, white exterior, black interior, 19" Wheels and FSD...

My EDD was updated on 8/10/21 to 11/28/21 - 12/18/21 and then...
updated to 11/17/21 – 12/7/21 on 8/13/21
updated to 11/22/21 – 12/12/21 on 8/14/21
updated to 11/21/21 – 12/11/21 on 8/15/21
updated to 11/22/21 – 12/12/21 on 8/17/21
updated to 12/7/21 – 12/27/21, today, on 8/22/21
I have the exact same configuration. RN1146. March order date. 9/18-9/30 EDD has been holding firm for days. Hoping I stay included in the end of Q batch….

Reactions: MEL-22
In my opionion, the Taycan is a completely differant car than the Tesla Model S...in performance, range, storage, styling and price... I considered the Taycan, but selected the Tesla Model S for all those reasons, so the Porsche is not on my radar...and will not be a consideration even with the Tesla devivery delays... Having said that, I could look back to the Genesis G80 Twin Turbo again...
I visited the Lucid store in Century City LA yesterday. Damn is that car nice. If they can figure out how to actually produce cars and deliver them well, then that is going to be a great alternative.

Reactions: rd2 and MEL-22