Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will accept a cashier's check. Prior to the delivery appointment, you have to email or text a copy of the check to the local SC as proof that you have the check. Then the appointment can proceed. Once you review the car and accept delivery, hand over the check. I would not wire $$, but that's just me.
EDD 9/6-9/12 no pick up appointment yet. I asked my SA about bringing cashier's check and he said just bring it with me. Didn't ask for copy or email of it yet. Maybe he will when they give me the pick up date.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-173021_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-173021_Outlook.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Informative
Reactions: UnicornHunter
EDD 9/6-9/12 no pick up appointment yet. I asked my SA about bringing cashier's check and he said just bring it with me. Didn't ask for copy or email of it yet. Maybe he will when they give me the pick up date.
In the past I've been told that even a personal check was fine and did use one to do a significant downpayment last time; the policy may have changed or be different state to state, but they have the singular advantage of knowing where the car is 24/7 and being able to disable the car remotely if the check bounces... just sayin'

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: MEL-22 and Danlbrau
In the past I've been told that even a personal check was fine and did use one to do a significant downpayment last time; the policy may have changed or be different state to state, but they have the singular advantage of knowing where the car is 24/7 and being able to disable the car remotely if the check bounces... just sayin'
I specifically asked about a personal check and was told no. They prefer wire xfer. I said no to that. We agreed on cashiers check.

Sorry to ask, but... what is the "other thread" you are referring to? I've been reading issues posted here as I'm awaiting my pickup soon.
Actually, since the issues we have found so far are really on delivery, I will list out here: (All items below are going into our 24 hour Service Request)
SA told us about these first 2 upfront:
1. Missing all 3 Rear Trunk covers (Triangle on Left Side, Main Bottom Trunk cover, and Total Trunk Upper cover. good thing is that during delivery, our SA checked Parts and was able to give us Left and Main Bottom during delivery.
2. Missing Rear Plate Frame.

Issue we found during delivery and let SA know
3. Yoke center has a defect in it, looks like a molding issue. More pronounced than picture shows. Identified as 'Worm/Vein' in previous threads. See Picture #1

Issues we found after leaving SC:
4. Bottom Trunk, Right Ledge "Soft Trim Trunk Bracket" over metal chassis had 3 plastic 'push-in' Pins broken, found it since it was loose. Suggest pushing and pulling on all door gaskets, trim, etc. See Picture #2,3
5. Car Pulls to Left when on straight road. Checked Lane Keeping was turned off, etc. noticed when I tested acceleration (WOW!) the car pulled to the Left as well.
6. Left Rear Trunk Gap much larger than Right Side - Picture #4,5,6
7. Left and Right Rear Tire Well liners showing past Fender - Picture #7,8

This is all so far. Car was a little dirty, but they delivered 200 cars in the last 5 days of all models, and we had a storm...so I would normally have asked to clean it again, but after 8 months.....

Attachments

• Tire Well Liner Gap #7.jpg
    Tire Well Liner Gap #7.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Tire Well Liner Gap #8.jpg
    Tire Well Liner Gap #8.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 73
  • Trunk Bracket #2.jpg
    Trunk Bracket #2.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Trunk Bracket #3.jpg
    Trunk Bracket #3.jpg