Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems like the 1144s are getting VINs like crazy now.....we 1146s are hopefully not far behind

1146..got the VIN 4 days ago...really my eyes did a double take. 9/6 -9/12....so i called one of the Tesla numbers today and the nice person told me car is supposed to arrive in New York 9/9...so i promptly got my insurance id setup for 9/10 on the online config...
this will be Tesla #4 since 2018 and actually my first for my own use (bought for wife and kids before myself; although i drove them all outside of workdays timeframes)

Actually, since the issues we have found so far are really on delivery, I will list out here: (All items below are going into our 24 hour Service Request)
SA told us about these first 2 upfront:
1. Missing all 3 Rear Trunk covers (Triangle on Left Side, Main Bottom Trunk cover, and Total Trunk Upper cover. good thing is that during delivery, our SA checked Parts and was able to give us Left and Main Bottom during delivery.
2. Missing Rear Plate Frame.

Issue we found during delivery and let SA know
3. Yoke center has a defect in it, looks like a molding issue. More pronounced than picture shows. Identified as 'Worm/Vein' in previous threads. See Picture #1

Issues we found after leaving SC:
4. Bottom Trunk, Right Ledge "Soft Trim Trunk Bracket" over metal chassis had 3 plastic 'push-in' Pins broken, found it since it was loose. Suggest pushing and pulling on all door gaskets, trim, etc. See Picture #2,3
5. Car Pulls to Left when on straight road. Checked Lane Keeping was turned off, etc. noticed when I tested acceleration (WOW!) the car pulled to the Left as well.
6. Left Rear Trunk Gap much larger than Right Side - Picture #4,5,6
7. Left and Right Rear Tire Well liners showing past Fender - Picture #7,8

This is all so far. Car was a little dirty, but they delivered 200 cars in the last 5 days of all models, and we had a storm...so I would normally have asked to clean it again, but after 8 months.....
Thankyou for the pictures. I'm particularly interested to know if they say the yoke worm/vein can't or won't be repaired.

Does anyone know whether FSD triggers the price increase? I would assume not since you can add it after the fact. However, if they were to find you the same configuration that was turned down and offer it to you, does FSD matter or they would just add it?

Well this is escalating quickly!

Had Sept 10th - 30th steady for a few weeks. Yesterday morning it changed to Sept 3rd - 10th. Yesterday afternoon I got a VIN. This morning the date changed to Sept 1st - 6th! Should have my car by end of day Monday!

Similar story, was October 30-November 19th since the initial update. Then last week went to Sept 9-20, then yesterday (Aug 31) switched to EDD Aug 31-Sept 3, and got a VIN and request for final payment! Delivery appt scheduled for Friday morning.

Any chance that the Model S brings in an LFP battery soon? Is it worth holding out for that due to the better battery? I value charging to 100% regularly.
Highly unlikely. And you probably wouldn't want it anyhow, as I would guess that a LR Model S with the LFP battery would have an EPA estimated range of 300 miles. (So you could get the same range by charging the current Model S to ~75%.)

Reactions: cwanja
Delivered to my driveway today. Half hour early so I had to rush home. Guy who delivered it wouldn't take my down payment check, but left the car and told me to just mail it in!? ($40k)

Car is gorgeous as expected. Very happy! Backup camera is amazing. Like the wheels just fine.

PXL_20210901_183345293.jpg

PXL_20210901_172427715.jpg
PXL_20210901_183153783.jpg
PXL_20210901_183157794.jpg
PXL_20210901_183244942.jpg
PXL_20210901_183316220.jpg

Couple of very minor issues immediately. Trunk wouldn't close completely after pressing the close button, had to push it closed. Also got an error message on the dash about the Tire pressure monitoring system fault. Both of these problems went away on their own though. Will give it a more detailed look tonight and this weekend.

Delivered to my driveway today. Half hour early so I had to rush home. Guy who delivered it wouldn't take my down payment check, but left the car and told me to just mail it in!? ($40k)

Car is gorgeous as expected. Very happy! Backup camera is amazing. Like the wheels just fine.

View attachment 704131

View attachment 704125View attachment 704126View attachment 704127View attachment 704129View attachment 704130

Couple of very minor issues immediately. Trunk wouldn't close completely after pressing the close button, had to push it closed. Also got an error message on the dash about the Tire pressure monitoring system fault. Both of these problems went away on their own though. Will give it a more detailed look tonight and this weekend.
Very nice! Thanks for the pictures.

Reactions: feixingyuan
Very nice! Thanks for the pictu

View attachment 704131

View attachment 704125View attachment 704126View attachment 704127View attachment 704129View attachment 704130

This may be widely known, but will share as it can be helpful on the first night in the garage. Hatchback raises very high, if you have a regular garage, it may hit the wood trim or garage door itself. But, there is a solution. found in manual.
1. Open hatch (outside garage :) ) then manually force hatch down, you will feel 'clicks' then press and hold door button on hatch until your hear a 'beep' this is the new position for the hatch.
2. Then drive into garage and follow same procedure to fine tune.
Other hatch/height related tip
1. The Suspension system, for some reason, got programmed to 'Auto Raise' at my Home, I am sure I did this somewhere.
2. This can also cause the hatch to hit the garage door.
3. Solution, set suspension to Very High setting, wait until fully raised, then do the hatch opening adjustment above, this will cover the 'worst case' scenario of max suspension height in your garage.

View attachment 704131

Seems like you have the worm above the S and the L on your yoke?

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
This may be widely known, but will share as it can be helpful on the first night in the garage. Hatchback raises very high, if you have a regular garage, it may hit the wood trim or garage door itself. But, there is a solution. found in manual.
1. Open hatch (outside garage :) ) then manually force hatch down, you will feel 'clicks' then press and hold door button on hatch until your hear a 'beep' this is the new position for the hatch.
2. Then drive into garage and follow same procedure to fine tune.
Other hatch/height related tip
1. The Suspension system, for some reason, got programmed to 'Auto Raise' at my Home, I am sure I did this somewhere.
2. This can also cause the hatch to hit the garage door.
3. Solution, set suspension to Very High setting, wait until fully raised, then do the hatch opening adjustment above, this will cover the 'worst case' scenario of max suspension height in your garage.
Caution: whenever I set mine lower, I tend to hit my head!
I added an aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler on my Tesla. It hits "sugar" all the time and I couldn't care less. Actually, I bought it for my first 2013 MS, moved it to my 2015 MS, then to my current 2018 MS. It will then go on my refresh.

Reactions: cwanja and MEL-22