Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mostly had music turned off on the drive home, to listen for squeaks and rattles, but when I got home I sat in the driveway and listened to music and I'll say that yeah, the sound system was a tad disappointing. The subwoofer seemed to be missing? Like low bass was just not there. The rest was OK, but not great. I'd compare it to post-Samsung harman/kardon car audio - it's OK, maybe B-, but you really expect it to be better.

I switched to "Advance" software updates and I'm really hoping that newer builds give the improvement that others have noted. The 2018 Model S had better sound.
With all the hype about the number of speakers, watts, software, etc. I think we all expected 10/10. From several posts here alone, it seems like perhaps 7.5/10 at best. Disappointing?!!?

Reactions: RMG007
Feels like cream interiors just got pushed. RN1150 blue/cream, had been steady as a rock for almost a month at 10/19-11/8, just pushed back 11 days to 10/30-11/19. This is annoying. Definitely feels like false precision.
Mine is a cream RN1149. I was originally edd September, then got pushed to November and two weeks ago it got pushed to December/January :(

seems like they pushed out a bunch of cream orders early and may have run out of parts…

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Mine is a cream RN1149. I was originally edd September, then got pushed to November and two weeks ago it got pushed to December/January :(

seems like they pushed out a bunch of cream orders early and may have run out of parts…
Let's not forget they have a big backlog of white interiors to catch up on. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bumping cream and black so they can fulfill those whites.

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
Picked up my S LR today! Everything is great, except they put summer Pirelli’s on my 19s and I live in MA. Service Center can swap them for All Seasons, but maybe I should just ask them for a discount on some winter tires? Thoughts?

Attachments

• A0810CE8-69B0-46A8-9958-187A8878CCCB.jpeg
    A0810CE8-69B0-46A8-9958-187A8878CCCB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Picked up my S LR today! Everything is great, except they put summer Pirelli’s on my 19s and I live in MA. Service Center can swap them for All Seasons, but maybe I should just ask them for a discount on some winter tires? Thoughts?
Depends on how much you want to spend really. I prefer have a summer set of wheels with summer tires then a winter set with snow tires. I swop them myself twice a year.

I got my VIN recently, 10 miles from Fremont and I never put in a delivery preference for my house (just had my address in my profile), and it’s saying it’s being delivered to my house tomorrow at 12:00AM - 2:00AM. Is this normal? I certainly wouldn’t want to be awake lol if I was the delivery person. Do they also wait for you to do an inspection if it’s at your house?

I got my VIN recently, 10 miles from Fremont and I never put in a delivery preference for my house (just had my address in my profile), and it’s saying it’s being delivered to my house tomorrow at 12:00AM - 2:00AM. Is this normal? I certainly wouldn’t want to be awake lol if I was the delivery person. Do they also wait for you to do an inspection if it’s at your house?
Interesting! Inspection? Good question; I would NOT sign anything until I found it worthy...

they dont...they drop and walk...they dont know anything...just there to drop the car.
One would assume the Tesla legal department blessed this practice; I would assume the new owner has already fully paid, however you could do a very thorough inspection and present Tesla with a complete list of all issues. Again, since the above gentleman NEVER gave his address nor authorized the "drop & go" it could be rather interesting legal wise??

One would assume the Tesla legal department blessed this practice; I would assume the new owner has already fully paid, however you could do a very thorough inspection and present Tesla with a complete list of all issues. Again, since the above gentleman NEVER gave his address nor authorized the "drop & go" it could be rather interesting legal wise??
yeah so I inputted my address in my profile, you know so that my profile could be complete. I never selected "at home delivery" I wasn't actually presented with that option when ordering the car in January 2021, nor did the Tesla people give me that option when they were "delivering" the car in Marchish. I also have not signed any agreements, or provided any type of payment - not sure how they can just drop and go without me completing my agreements. I also won't accept the keys or anything from the person without a walkthrough. Has anyone ever changed it from home delivery to the center? It's 10 miles from me..

yeah so I inputted my address in my profile, you know so that my profile could be complete. I never selected "at home delivery" I wasn't actually presented with that option when ordering the car in January 2021, nor did the Tesla people give me that option when they were "delivering" the car in Marchish. I also have not signed any agreements, or provided any type of payment - not sure how they can just drop and go without me completing my agreements. I also won't accept the keys or anything from the person without a walkthrough. Has anyone ever changed it from home delivery to the center? It's 10 miles from me..
I'm just a low IQ kinda guy, so I really have not a clue about this stuff, especially legally. Without your payment and/or signing or agreeing to any of this, I would not worry about a thing. Seems like you're in the clear and it's simply Tesla's problem to figure it all out to your satisfaction?!!?

My profile is complete and "next step" is insurance cert (which requires the VIN). This morning the EDD shifted out 2.5 more weeks to 11/19-12/09 (nearly one year wait from the 12/24/20 order date). I don't understand this. At one time, had an EDD of 7/29/21.
I recommend you complete the insurance portion of your profile without waiting for a VIN. Submit your current coverage via a picture of your "proof of insurance" document. I did just that and my EDD changed the next day. It may have been a coincidence for me, but it's worth a try. You can always apply for the Tesla insurance (if available in your state) when a VIN is assigned. The important part of this is to leave nothing to chance in completing your profile. It is a stated consideration in Tesla's order process.
Good luck ... I hope this works for you.