Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird question, but those that have received their MS…are the puddle lights the same? I mean same size as the previous model? Or at least do they look to be about the same size?

Thanks.
They are all new for the refresh MS. They are now round housings.

After holding strong for weeks, my EDD seems to have slipped from 10/30-11/19 to 11/13-12/3.

Woke up this morning to my date being pushed from 9/18-9/30 to 9/22-9/30.. I'm really hoping this is just a day by day slip and is not going to jump me into another month.

To Tesla: I'm literally a 25m drive from Fremont Factory. I will put the car together myself...I'm sure there's a YouTube video on how to do it
I'm 30min from Fremont, 1148 still Sept 18 to 30 for 2.5 weeks now. Red, black and 19. You might do a better job than tesla

Vroom came back about 4K higher but after reading a bunch of reviews it seems a little shady 😂
Sold a car to carmax in March, online offer was exactly what I got. You might want to try them. Zero nickel and dimming but took 1. 5hrs.

RN 1148,need to sell my 2019 M3 LR also. Carmax would not give online offer. Carvana offered 4.5k more than tesla (39k vs 43.5k). Never dealt with them b4 but others seems to say you'll get what they offer provided you are accurate with the description.

I bet even with vroom you'll get more than tesla even if they nickel and dime you.

The unicorn does exist! We picked up our new Model S on Friday evening, one day short of 8 months since we ordered it.

After 24 hours, everything about the Model S seems to be great! We used a modified* version of the checklist in New Model S inspection or checklist, and only identified two issues so far:

1. We are missing the lower trunk cover, which is apparently due to a shortage of that part.

2. It arrived with Pirelli P-Zero tires, which seem to be summer tires from everything we've been able to find about them. We were asking the sales staff about them, and the group of three talking with us next to the car consulted with someone else inside (or maybe called someone on the phone from inside) and all assured us that they are actually all-season tires. They said that the "ELECT" marking on the sidewall indicates that they are not the standard summer version of the P-Zero tires. We are not convinced that this is accurate, so we will need to pursue this further.

For everyone else who is still waiting, this is how the final month of waiting unfolded:

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels
As of August 7th: Our first specific EDD was August 22 - September 05, with daily changes slowly narrowing the date range
As of August 20: VIN 5YJSA1E59MF440XXX, with an EDD of September 01 - September 04
As of September 2: Delivery Appointment - Sept. 3, 2021
As of September 3: Picked up the car, and trying to figure out how to operate everything

* See Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread for a PDF copy of the checklist

Unicorn - iStock-1130790354-e1580141646848.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5363.jpeg
    IMG_5363.jpeg
    859.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5368.jpeg
    IMG_5368.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5372.jpeg
    IMG_5372.jpeg
    582.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5376.jpeg
    IMG_5376.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5379.jpeg
    IMG_5379.jpeg
    468.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5385.jpeg
    IMG_5385.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 64
2. It arrived with Pirelli P-Zero tires, which seem to be summer tires from everything we've been able to find about them. We were asking the sales staff about them, and the group of three talking with us next to the car consulted with someone else inside (or maybe called someone on the phone from inside) and all assured us that they are actually all-season tires. They said that the "ELECT" marking on the sidewall indicates that they are not the standard summer version of the P-Zero tires. We are not convinced that this is accurate, so we will need to pursue this further.

Pirelli states these tires should not be used below 7°C (45°F), so definitely not all-season tires. They say the "Elect" version was developed for the Taycan. Their marketing people claim the tire provides instant grip, low noise, low rolling resistance, and - get this - 'greater autonomy'.

This is a ramification of "Designed in California" by surfer dudes. Or over-zealous performance guys. I may be an under-zealous performance guy, not sure if I want to trouble myself with two sets of wheels and tires for this sort of car - a big 4-door cruiser far from the Autobahn. I have other cars for which 'extreme performance summer' tires are fitted, not driven in winter, and under-utilized by an over-age driver.

Pirelli states these tires should not be used below 7°C (45°F), so definitely not all-season tires. They say the "Elect" version was developed for the Taycan. Their marketing people claim the tire provides instant grip, low noise, low rolling resistance, and - get this - 'greater autonomy'.

This is a ramification of "Designed in California" by surfer dudes. Or over-zealous performance guys. I may be an under-zealous performance guy, not sure if I want to trouble myself with two sets of wheels and tires for this sort of car - a big 4-door cruiser far from the Autobahn. I have other cars for which 'extreme performance summer' tires are fitted, not driven in winter, and under-utilized by an over-age driver.
Yes, Pirelli has versions for winter mentioned in this write up about Elect. It appears that this Elect is a summer tire.

Last edited:
Sep 11-21 has bumped to Oct 13-Nov 2 today. Makes sense, considering I don’t yet have a VIN, and given the order reshuffling. Previously, these bumps lasted a day before reverting to September, so I’ll keep an eye on it.

Reactions: cwanja
The unicorn does exist! We picked up our new Model S on Friday evening, one day short of 8 months since we ordered it.

After 24 hours, everything about the Model S seems to be great! We used a modified* version of the checklist in New Model S inspection or checklist, and only identified two issues so far:

1. We are missing the lower trunk cover, which is apparently due to a shortage of that part.

For everyone else who is still waiting, this is how the final month of waiting unfolded:

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels
As of August 7th: Our first specific EDD was August 22 - September 05, with daily changes slowly narrowing the date range
As of August 20: VIN 5YJSA1E59MF440XXX, with an EDD of September 01 - September 04
As of September 2: Delivery Appointment - Sept. 3, 2021
As of September 3: Picked up the car, and trying to figure out how to operate everything

* See Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread for a PDF copy of the checklist

View attachment 705378
Congratulations! Beautiful car!

I’ve gotten commitment from Tesla that the summer tires on my LR are the wrong tires and they’ll be replacing them with AS. Per @j5555 , the AS are Continentals.

Attachments

• EDEA642E-6993-4E60-9808-65F96EAE1A31.jpeg
    EDEA642E-6993-4E60-9808-65F96EAE1A31.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 71
  • E0351BC5-AB45-4913-9C42-4906931AB2DC.png
    E0351BC5-AB45-4913-9C42-4906931AB2DC.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68

This was posted on another thread, courtesy of @j5555. 19” AS appear to be Continental.
That makes sense. According to TireRack, those Continentals are the only Tesla rated AS tires they offer. In this case they carry a T1 rating and match all Tesla specs for load rating, foam belt, etc. The car I am transitioning from to my S is a 2018 Volvo S80 T6 awd. I had Pirelli P7 AS tires on it, not the AS plus,. They were fine for the winter driving I did, which included trips into northern NJ to go skiing. Those Pirellis have very similar ratings to the Continental tires. I am now hopeful that my December delivery SLR. Will have AS tires, or at the very least, the SC can swap them for me on the delivery date.

Yup. These are 100% summer tire. Elect is on all of their SUMMER tires listed on their website. I am buying conti’s now. Worse case I have an extra set of tires which I burn thru every year anyway

Reactions: UnicornHunter
It was pretty obvious, given the lack of a deep tread, but I logged onto the Pirelli website and looked up the markings that were on the tires. Since they were clearly marked as 'summer' on the manufacturer's website, the SAs quickly acknowledged the issue. I said, "I confirmed with order support last week that the car would have All Seasons. In 4 weeks, it'll be October and I won't be able to drive the car. How is Tesla going to resolve this?" They really didn't argue with me at all. They just needed to check with the service department to see what the resolution would be. I anticipated this issue, because all of the 19" pictures I've see on the Internet have been summer Pirelli's. Be prepared, be polite and you should be OK. The car is a blast - enjoy!!
(Thanks “Cathy” 🤣🤣 - Joe from FB 😉)

Yes, Pirelli has versions for winter mentioned in this write up about Elect. It appears that this Elect is a summer tire.

This has all been super helpful to sleuth around more. The Porsche “winter” which I don’t want. However, it led me to finding the actual “Pirelli P Zero Elect ALL SEASONS“ with a picture of the treads! The smoking gun if you will….😉

Attachments

• 0921AF8F-7976-4D7A-8186-9248C555DA78.jpeg
    0921AF8F-7976-4D7A-8186-9248C555DA78.jpeg
    902.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Informative
This has all been super helpful to sleuth around more. The Porsche “winter” which I don’t want. However, it led me to finding the actual “Pirelli P Zero Elect ALL SEASONS“ with a picture of the treads! The smoking gun if you will….😉
Simply amazing that Tesla cannot get this right; why can't a Tesla V.P. procurement type contact a Pirelli V.P. to get the definitive answer then post FACTS to EVERY Tesla employee.

Imagine if Tesla SA types and higher got a really difficult question, such as:

Is it true Plaid requires 93 octane but 91 will suffice in the S LR?

Later...