Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1146 is in the same boat. Moved to Oct/Nov.

I’m close to NYC / delivery in Princeton, so an east coast delay seems accurate.

Why they can’t just go one order at a time is beyond me. The delivery numbers would balance themselves out within two quarters. This is so kiddish of them.

Last edited:
The unicorn does exist! We picked up our new Model S on Friday evening, one day short of 8 months since we ordered it.

After 24 hours, everything about the Model S seems to be great! We used a modified* version of the checklist in New Model S inspection or checklist, and only identified two issues so far:

1. We are missing the lower trunk cover, which is apparently due to a shortage of that part.

2. It arrived with Pirelli P-Zero tires, which seem to be summer tires from everything we've been able to find about them. We were asking the sales staff about them, and the group of three talking with us next to the car consulted with someone else inside (or maybe called someone on the phone from inside) and all assured us that they are actually all-season tires. They said that the "ELECT" marking on the sidewall indicates that they are not the standard summer version of the P-Zero tires. We are not convinced that this is accurate, so we will need to pursue this further.

For everyone else who is still waiting, this is how the final month of waiting unfolded:

RN 1143, Ordered Early January 2021: MS LR, MSM / Black, 19” Wheels
As of August 7th: Our first specific EDD was August 22 - September 05, with daily changes slowly narrowing the date range
As of August 20: VIN 5YJSA1E59MF440XXX, with an EDD of September 01 - September 04
As of September 2: Delivery Appointment - Sept. 3, 2021
As of September 3: Picked up the car, and trying to figure out how to operate everything

* See Wiki - Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread for a PDF copy of the checklist

View attachment 705378
Congratulations. Enjoy the new ride, Glad that the wait is over for you. My EDD is Oct 9 - Oct 29.

I know this has been discussed numerous times on this thread, but I'm now contemplating adding FSD on my order. If I do, will I get charged the extra $10k price tag and will they do another hard credit pull to update my terms?

I know this has been discussed numerous times on this thread, but I'm now contemplating adding FSD on my order. If I do, will I get charged the extra $10k price tag and will they do another hard credit pull to update my terms?
Not sure if it'll change the price to the latest price. I know when adding and changing things it doesn't change your amount financed, just adds to your down payment. SA said I can change the down payment amount once I get a vin to avoid a unnecessary credit pull. Depending on how long ago you ordered you'll likely have to do another credit pull once you get a vin as well as the financing offers are only good for like 90 days.

Reactions: Vinny860
I did the opposite. I removed FSD via the website and it did not trigger a order price increase. My SA also told me the same, ”And yes correct, you can remove FSD without triggering the price increase.”

FWIW it’s the same price to add after the fact (which is why I removed, not to roll into financing) and also the option for a subscription (new, haven’t used this yet in other Tesla‘s I own).

My delivery window moved up a few days as of this morning, to some time next week. I have the infrastructure ready - put in a new Wall Connector (needed longer cord for two cars), and had the driveway paved last week. See those different-colored solar panels on either side? Those were the extra panels needed for the Model 3 three years ago.

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Est. delivery: September 12 - September 18 , Mt. Kisco?, VIN 4416XX.

pavingUpper.jpeg

VIN assigned! 5YJSA1E54MF441xxx EDD tightened to Sept 8-21.

Roughly 5 days since the date slipped to Sept 13-30.
Congrats!

Thanks for posting the VIN.

ALSO, since we are getting closer to the Sept / Oct time frame when the Model Year 2022 designation changeover happens, it will be interesting when we spot the first 5YJSA1E54NF......

Past posters indicated the changeover was early October.

Took delivery yesterday at 5:00! I have a bunch of thoughts on the Refresh that I’ll make a post with after a photo shoot tomorrow morning but wanted to post up this picture super quick 😁

View attachment 705688
Rims look different
Took delivery yesterday at 5:00! I have a bunch of thoughts on the Refresh that I’ll make a post with after a photo shoot tomorrow morning but wanted to post up this picture super quick 😁

View attachment 705688
Rims looks different

I AM ABOUT TO TEAR MY HAIR OUT WITH TESLA.

Got a VIN on 8/28, delivery 9/8-9/14. Called them on 9/1 and got a notice that it was supposed to be delivered to the SC on 9/10. Cool, I'm going out of town 9/13, but I set my delivery date to 9/12

On 9/3, I called back proactively to confirm, and then I was told that it's been to 9/17,

Today, I called again and have been told that it - whoops! - now it won't get to the service center until 9/20. Apparently they held up all logistics to the east coast due to "inclement weather".

Right now, my car is just sitting in El Paso.

WHY DOES IT TAKE THEM 2 WEEKS TO DO SOMETHING I CAN DRIVE IN 24 HOURS

And WHY DO I HAVE TO CALL THEM TO GET AN UPDATE, rather than them being proactive with me?

I have never been more frustrated with any company, ever.

Not sure if it'll change the price to the latest price. I know when adding and changing things it doesn't change your amount financed, just adds to your down payment. SA said I can change the down payment amount once I get a vin to avoid a unnecessary credit pull. Depending on how long ago you ordered you'll likely have to do another credit pull once you get a vin as well as the financing offers are only good for like 90 days.

I did the opposite. I removed FSD via the website and it did not trigger a order price increase. My SA also told me the same, ”And yes correct, you can remove FSD without triggering the price increase.”

FWIW it’s the same price to add after the fact (which is why I removed, not to roll into financing) and also the option for a subscription (new, haven’t used this yet in other Tesla‘s I own).
Thanks for the feedback. I may just end up adding it after delivery