Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as well. Bought a limited edition sports car 4 years ago and apparently ceramic coating was supposed to be farrrrr better than wax. Now seems PPF is the latest and greatest. Perhaps someone might point out the pros and cons of all available as well as a guesstimate price range for each & MANY THANKS!!
Go to this thread for the info you seek... Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

I just had XPEL Ultimate PPF installed on the front of my new S. The reason? The 5-year old Lexus I just sold (to make room for my MS) had damage to the front bumper and hood from gravel/road debris. I've had bad luck with road debris damage since I moved to a new town three years ago, including 3 windshield cracks! My suggestion is that you look for damage on your current vehicle and make your decision accordingly.
I didn't go for ceramic coating - too expensive for my taste. My Arya will get a nice periodic waxing to keep her shiny :)

Reactions: cwanja and VikH
Interesting... My SA told me price would go up and hence nervous about hitting buttons that makes irreversible changes to price (I have $10K less as I ordered in April). Did you remove it yourself or SA do it for you? Thanks in advance.

Thinking if I should stay put and remove it after i get my VIN
I just removed FSD from the "manage" page of my order a few minutes ago. I had ordered in June before the $10k increase, and removing FSD did not trigger the new price adjustment. I was nervous about activating the new price, but all was good with my new configuration without the FSD and it held the old $79.9k base price. Only thing is it will not allow me to add FSD now before delivery, and I am OK with that. The change also did not move my expected delivery date. Tesla rep said that I can subscribe to FSD at $200 per month, and cancel it anytime I want, as many times as I want, after taking delivery of the vehicle.

Reactions: DIL and feixingyuan
You will likely get a "2022" model that was manufactured in Q4 of 2021. Not sure the point of waiting till January to get a "2022" model built in 2022.

My EDD is Nov 1-20, so I assumed they would still be manufacturing 2021 in October. If it is a 2022 made in 2021, then I will take it.

That stinks. Based on what you and others outside the west coast have reported, it seems we are at the point where Tesla has shifted focus to EOQ deliveries and knows whether it can deliver cars to the midwest and beyond before EOQ. Anything made from now on that can be delivered is probably only being delivered to the west coast so they can juice the EOQ sales number.

My initial EDD date has been slowly drifting later but stays locked in on September 30 as the end date so I will either get a car at the end of September or presumably sometime in December at the end of Q4. I hate that Tesla shifts deliveries based on EOQ delivery timelines but it is what it is.

Musk said this would be the craziest month ever for deliveries so at least you won't end up with a car that gets pushed out the factory with parts falling off of it (well more than usual) to meet a record breaking delivery target.

Good luck.

Model S LR/ MS, black, no FSD, 19" wheels, ordered May 1, RN1148
Agreed! I actually prefer on non-EOQ car. The delivery experience is hectic and there is some evidence that quality declines at EOQ.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Well, guys, I have some bad news. I just heard back from my POC at Tesla, and it seems that they are treating my 19" tire replacement (AS for the Summer tires I got at delivery) as a "one off". I apologize to everyone that took me up on my offer to assist them in their quest to get replacement tires. I "ASS U ME d" that when my POC wrote that "corporate" had approved the change, the appoval was for all 19" in cold weather climates, not just for me. Apparently, because my SA had assured me that my tires would be AS and because they told me at delivery that the Pirellis were AS, they felt obligated to provide me with AS. Again, I am sorry for offering to help where I should not have. No good deed...

I had written to him today to ask if I could provide his contact info to other TMC members, and he called me to tell me that he was not able to assist and that other SCs were responsible for handling their own customers, and that employees could get fired for getting involved where they don't belong. I apologized to him also for my misinterpretation.

I will post this to the main thread also.

RN115245 updated to 9/24-9/30 ordered on 7/3 white/black19s no FSD
Same config. My order is RN11510 and got the same dates.

Question: I want to delay my delivery by a month or two. I still have 3 months on my current MS lease. Anyone know if this is possible and how to go about it? I don't have an assigned SA, though I did receive a text from someone a couple of months ago. I texted that person back today, and no response as of yet.

Well, guys, I have some bad news. I just heard back from my POC at Tesla, and it seems that they are treating my 19" tire replacement (AS for the Summer tires I got at delivery) as a "one off". I apologize to everyone that took me up on my offer to assist them in their quest to get replacement tires. I "ASS U ME d" that when my POC wrote that "corporate" had approved the change, the appoval was for all 19" in cold weather climates, not just for me. Apparently, because my SA had assured me that my tires would be AS and because they told me at delivery that the Pirellis were AS, they felt obligated to provide me with AS. Again, I am sorry for offering to help where I should not have. No good deed...

I had written to him today to ask if I could provide his contact info to other TMC members, and he called me to tell me that he was not able to assist and that other SCs were responsible for handling their own customers, and that employees could get fired for getting involved where they don't belong. I apologized to him also for my misinterpretation.

Thanks for the update, and no need to apologize. We all know the SAs don't really mean what they say most of the time.

Interesting... My SA told me price would go up and hence nervous about hitting buttons that makes irreversible changes to price (I have $10K less as I ordered in April). Did you remove it yourself or SA do it for you? Thanks in advance.

Thinking if I should stay put and remove it after i get my VIN
I e-mailed my SA, to get confirmation but realized I could do it myself. I did it myself.

I just removed FSD from the "manage" page of my order a few minutes ago. I had ordered in June before the $10k increase, and removing FSD did not trigger the new price adjustment. I was nervous about activating the new price, but all was good with my new configuration without the FSD and it held the old $79.9k base price. Only thing is it will not allow me to add FSD now before delivery, and I am OK with that. The change also did not move my expected delivery date. Tesla rep said that I can subscribe to FSD at $200 per month, and cancel it anytime I want, as many times as I want, after taking delivery of the vehicle.
Same thing here. I put in a new odometer reading for my trade in and the value went up $2,000. Agreed to accept offer and was asked if I wanted to remove FSD. Clicked yes and was asked to confirm and agreeing that there would be no other changes. I accepted and the $10,000 FSD charge magically went away without the $10,000 newer price increase being added.

Just when you think you’ve seen Tesla do the right thing, you find out it was basically a mistake, not to be repeated.

Same config. My order is RN11510 and got the same dates.

Question: I want to delay my delivery by a month or two. I still have 3 months on my current MS lease. Anyone know if this is possible and how to go about it? I don't have an assigned SA, though I did receive a text from someone a couple of months ago. I texted that person back today, and no response as of yet.
I was told if I’m out of town when my car comes in they will give it to someone else, and I don’t go to the back of the line, but will still be a priority delivery. That might buy you 4-6 weeks if you are “unavailable” to take delivery when it done. Or months. Who knows. But you don’t go to the back of the line and if you are pre-price increase you keep the old price.

I was told if I’m out of town when my car comes in they will give it to someone else, and I don’t go to the back of the line, but will still be a priority delivery. That might buy you 4-6 weeks if you are “unavailable” to take delivery when it done. Or months. Who knows. But you don’t go to the back of the line and if you are pre-price increase you keep the old price.
Priority delivery is just something they say lol. But yea. Could buy you some time. Tesla agreements say 3 months of you delaying though could result in cancellation. But you being unavailable during your first window won't hurt you dramatically from what we've seen. Then again. They're going to switch to Model X soon enough and slow way down in MS.

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
I'm curious as well. Bought a limited edition sports car 4 years ago and apparently ceramic coating was supposed to be farrrrr better than wax. Now seems PPF is the latest and greatest. Perhaps someone might point out the pros and cons of all available as well as a guesstimate price range for each & MANY THANKS!!
I’ve posted this before and think it’s pretty powerful stuff for underscoring how ppf works. Some just do front end hot spots. Whether Tesla paint is inferior, soft or whatever, I know it’s low and doesn’t have a grill to take direct front shots. Still personal preference, won’t be made up too much in any resale. I plan on having mine 10 years. I have had nothing but black on black CTS’s, garaged. They get dinged but nothing crazy. I’m doing this for the no grill but more those darn swirls and little micro scratches that just happen over years. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
I’ve posted this before and think it’s pretty powerful stuff for underscoring how ppf works. Some just do front end hot spots. Whether Tesla paint is inferior, soft or whatever, I know it’s low and doesn’t have a grill to take direct front shots. Still personal preference, won’t be made up too much in any resale. I plan on having mine 10 years. I have had nothing but black on black CTS’s, garaged. They get dinged but nothing crazy. I’m doing this for the no grill but more those darn swirls and little micro scratches that just happen over years. 🤷🏻‍♂️
MANY THX for sharing this!!!!!

Reactions: SgtPepper67