Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering selling my LR with 750 miles. It is white with cream interior and has the 21s. It comes already with the all season mats and I also bought the NEMA 14-50 adapter. The car had a few panel alignment issues which were corrected last week in the Raleigh SC. I took delivery on August 25th.

I like the car but I did not get permission to put the new outlet in my garage (rental house) and the nearest supercharger is 30 minutes away at least. It creates a number of issues that at this point in my life I do not want to deal with.

Given the fact there is still a high demand I decided that now is the best time to sell and potentially buy another one once I can charge it at home or have a different routine.

I don’t know if there is a thread dedicated to selling (if there is and someone can point me to it it would be great) and decided to start here.

The price is as it was new but adding the mats and charger adapter at no charge. No point in reaching out with an offer below that. I am not desperate to sell.

I am considering selling my LR with 750 miles. It is white with cream interior and has the 21s. It comes already with the all season mats and I also bought the NEMA 14-50 adapter. The car had a few panel alignment issues which were corrected last week in the Raleigh SC. I took delivery on August 25th.

I like the car but I did not get permission to put the new outlet in my garage (rental house) and the nearest supercharger is 30 minutes away at least. It creates a number of issues that at this point in my life I do not want to deal with.

Given the fact there is still a high demand I decided that now is the best time to sell and potentially buy another one once I can charge it at home or have a different routine.

I don’t know if there is a thread dedicated to selling (if there is and someone can point me to it it would be great) and decided to start here.

The price is as it was new but adding the mats and charger adapter at no charge. No point in reaching out with an offer below that. I am not desperate to sell.
Man, sorry to hear that. "Permission to install an outlet" sounds ridiculous.

Tesla for Sale there is the subforum for selling Tesla's. You can also try the likes of CarMax, Vroom, GiveMeTheVin. You might end up making something off the car.

Man, sorry to hear that. "Permission to install an outlet" sounds ridiculous.

Tesla for Sale there is the subforum for selling Tesla's. You can also try the likes of CarMax, Vroom, GiveMeTheVin. You might end up making something off the car.
Thank you for the tip. The problem is all the news now on EV cars igniting while charging. It is so stupid, it is such a small percentage, but enough for my stupid landlord not to allow it.

Reactions: cwanja
For those waiting and wondering, here are pics of the hubcaps on/off - the ride height is set to low

Attachments

• IMG_3395.jpeg
    IMG_3395.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3396.jpeg
    IMG_3396.jpeg
    829.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3401.jpeg
    IMG_3401.jpeg
    984.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3398.jpeg
    IMG_3398.jpeg
    943.7 KB · Views: 66
I stopped by the Alpharetta Georgia Service Center and they had a red and a grey car with 19s. Both had all-season Continental Tires. I was happy since I have a LR on order. Hopefully this is a trend.
View attachment 708020

View attachment 708022
it appears to be hit or miss. I was there earlier this week and they had a white LR that had pirelli summers on it.

Attachments

• 83019692-DB14-43D9-BFD3-F5C7F1FBF1B0.jpeg
    83019692-DB14-43D9-BFD3-F5C7F1FBF1B0.jpeg
    604.5 KB · Views: 70
  • A5467F9D-F7DD-42E9-8A17-A910B3A53703.jpeg
    A5467F9D-F7DD-42E9-8A17-A910B3A53703.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 63
Thanks. The lobster forks look too much like someone went to the local speed shop and asked for what's on sale.
Simply my personal opinion and NOT meant to make anyone feel bad. Hubcaps ON looks possibly acceptable, but not for me, for sure. Considering the price tag of the car, I'm pretty disappointed this is all you get!

Hubcaps OFF looks EXTREMELY FUGLY; no way in h**l!!!!!!!!!

Simply my personal opinion and NOT meant to make anyone feel bad. Hubcaps ON looks possibly acceptable, but not for me, for sure. Considering the price tag of the car, I'm pretty disappointed this is all you get!

Hubcaps OFF looks EXTREMELY FUGLY; no way in h**l!!!!!!!!!
I cannot agree more. The covers make it look acceptable. That is as best as I can say. At my Tesla meet-up today, someone suggested powder-coating them. That;s putting lipstick on a pig. The color of the wheel is not the issue. It is the design.

it appears to be hit or miss. I was there earlier this week and they had a white LR that had pirelli summers on it.
I'm not up on tires, no knowledge whatsoever, so keep that in mind. My M.B. SUV came with Pirelli tires which I thought was great. Around 8K miles they looked worn-out. At 19K they were absolute history. Got a new set, Pirelli again. STUPID ME!! TERRIBLE!! Doesn't mean all Pirelli tires are garbage...

Reactions: mikey_bs
I cannot agree more. The covers make it look acceptable. That is as best as I can say. At my Tesla meet-up today, someone suggested powder-coating them. That;s putting lipstick on a pig. The color of the wheel is not the issue. It is the design.
Damn. That’s what I was thinking I’d do. Rethinking now. Just got back from tint/PPF/ceramic coat. Shout out to @TotalDetailing for an awesome job.

Attachments

• D73767DA-4BE4-4EF8-83D8-8BEE774D87DE.jpeg
    D73767DA-4BE4-4EF8-83D8-8BEE774D87DE.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 48DE6557-C83B-4006-A308-E68A3A761474.jpeg
    48DE6557-C83B-4006-A308-E68A3A761474.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I agree regarding a couple items such as a trunk lid cover, etc; but I want to clearly state that "issues" such as huge and uneven panel gaps, paint issues, and some other reported issues that should have been addressed BOTH in Fremont AND delivery prep. are totally unacceptable and I doubt this would occur at other manufacturers and especially for a car with a 6 figure out the door price tag and called "luxury"...

I would think spending 6 figures on a car we all have higher standards. We're all fanboys of Tesla or we wouldn't be here but as customers we can't let them slide with lower standards just because the tech on these cars are better than anything else out there. The crappy thing about these "small issues" with missing pieces is that I guarantee you the customer as to do the follow-up, Tesla isn't going to do anything unless you complain or hassle them for it. Just my experience with the company. I want a reliable, complete car without having to follow-up after delivery.

The service dept only going to get worst and hammered especially in the Bay Area if they keep this up.

Reactions: feixingyuan
What rate did you get with them and did they have any mandatory requirements like moving your direct deposit with them?

Stanford Federal Credit Union normal rate is 2.49%. To get a 1.49% rate they require two of these three conditions…A.) automatic monthly deposit over $500, B.) $25,000 in a savings account or a large down payment C.) 20 transactions per month on a credit or debit card. I am approved for a 1.49% rate and have had it renewed as I have been waiting several months. Their approval is good for 60 days.

Oh you wouldn't believe how much... was in the office that day and every time my Ring video notified movement on driveway I'd get excited only to see that it was one of my darn (but loving) kids hahaha. SFCU rate I got was 1.49%. Just have to enroll in minimal direct deposit and one other qualifier (I qualified through putting more than 25% down) to get that extra 1% discount on rate.
Lol! Darn kids!
That’s a good rate. I’ll be putting about 75% down so that would work. 👍🏻

I too was quite excited. I own a business in the automotive industry and I can 100% understand the lack of certainty. I am in a similar not with my customers/wholesale clients. Because of all the shortages and supply chain issues I can tell them things are coming but I have no idea about specifics until it is actually in route. Now imagine taht compounded by every component on the car 😬
I've been an engine builder for 27 years and getting parts lately has been crazy. I have engine assemblies that have been half done for months waiting for parts.

Reactions: Louiedog
Damn. That’s what I was thinking I’d do. Rethinking now. Just got back from tint/PPF/ceramic coat. Shout out to @TotalDetailing for an awesome job.

Your car is simply gorgeous sir!!!!! Respectfully, with the hubcaps on, it can work, but my top 9 of 10 choices would be stunning wheels. The car is way too beautiful to not be a 10...

Reactions: GrnSqrl

This is probably too personal, so apologies in advance - exactly what was done to the car? PPF, CERAMIC, TINT, etc. APPROXIMATE cost for each?? Thx..

Reactions: TheOx and Jmworder
Another quick update. Just got the VIN number about half hour ago. RN1147, LR, Ordered late March, W/B/19", Canceled FSD two days ago. Not sure which VIN number part I should share. 7MF4?

(My experience is that if your EDD suddenly gets changed to February, it might mean you will get the VIN very soon)

Last edited:
Reactions: UGADawgs2112

Did you just PPF the front and ceramic coat the rest? looks great.