Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree regarding a couple items such as a trunk lid cover, etc; but I want to clearly state that "issues" such as huge and uneven panel gaps, paint issues, and some other reported issues that should have been addressed BOTH in Fremont AND delivery prep. are totally unacceptable and I doubt this would occur at other manufacturers and especially for a car with a 6 figure out the door price tag and called "luxury"...
100% agree. At this price (or any) the car needs to be manufactured perfectly.

I agree regarding a couple items such as a trunk lid cover, etc; but I want to clearly state that "issues" such as huge and uneven panel gaps, paint issues, and some other reported issues that should have been addressed BOTH in Fremont AND delivery prep. are totally unacceptable and I doubt this would occur at other manufacturers and especially for a car with a 6 figure out the door price tag and called "luxury"...
What is Tesla's definition of luxury? I see a mention: "Model S is a luxury car where you can fit your bike without taking the wheel off, and your luggage too."

My Date moved up 5 days Sep 22-30 to 17-30! My god that’s next week! May actually be a car coming…
Good luck and I hope you get it next week!

FWIW, my date also moved up this morning from Sep 20-30 to 15-29. Funny thing is that I checked in at the Newport Beach store YESTERDAY where I ordered the Model S and they told me I was slotted for October production, October delivery. When I saw that my date changed this morning, I was surprised to see the earlier date (and not the later one the SAs told me about). I don't know whether to believe what the SA sees on their system or what shows on my account online.

Model S LR/ MS, Black interior/ 19" wheels/ no FSD/ Ordered May 1, RN1148

Good luck and I hope you get it next week!

FWIW, my date also moved up this morning from Sep 20-30 to 15-29. Funny thing is that I checked in at the Newport Beach store YESTERDAY where I ordered the Model S and they told me I was slotted for October production, October delivery. When I saw that my date changed this morning, I was surprised to see the earlier date (and not the later one the SAs told me about). I don't know whether to believe what the SA sees on their system or what shows on my account online.

Model S LR/ MS, Black interior/ 19" wheels/ no FSD/ Ordered May 1, RN1148

I have the same thing. I ordered my LR Blue/cream/21”/FSD on June 14th. After showing October, then blank and then Oct, Sep 12-18 and then Oct 21-Nov 8, it suddenly switched to Sep 20-30 yesterday; while the SA sees October in his system for me. Will see. 10 days, exciting if it happens!

@mlopes , check your state laws. In California, a renter is allowed to install EV charging in most properties. There may be some limitations, and it is possible that if you are in a single property rental home, that could be excluded.

In most locals where there are such regulations, the renter is responsible for:
  • All costs involved
  • All permits
  • Must use a licensed contractor
  • Provide a $1,000,000 insurance policy that specifically names the property (this is not expensive, and can typically be added to your renter's insurance)
Even if your jurisdiction does not have such laws, perhaps you can "sell it" to your landlord using all this language. Maybe agree to leave all electrical upgrades when the time comes for you to leave.

I cannot agree more. The covers make it look acceptable. That is as best as I can say. At my Tesla meet-up today, someone suggested powder-coating them. That;s putting lipstick on a pig. The color of the wheel is not the issue. It is the design.
I tend to agree, but a black powder coat would make it look much better. I will be doing that and also buying 21" wheels for the summer and fall here in the midwest.

Reactions: mikey_bs
This morning there is a big jump for better.

Here are my dates.

07/17: October
08/01: Blank
08/08: October 31st - November 20th
08/19: November 2nd - November 22nd
08/25: October 28th - November 2nd
09/02: December 6th - December 26th
09/12: September 18-September 30
Those dates all mirror mine within a day or 2. Your rn is also very close to mine. The only big variable is you're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast. Since you're closer to the factory they may have pulled you forward for the big EOQ push. Still, it gives me hope for a delivery some time in October, maybe.... Your dates didn't go blank just before your latest update, did they?

Those dates all mirror mine within a day or 2. Your rn is also very close to mine. The only big variable is you're on the west coast and I'm on the east coast. Since you're closer to the factory they may have pulled you forward for the big EOQ push. Still, it gives me hope for a delivery some time in October, maybe.... Your dates didn't go blank just before your latest update, did they?
No it did not go blank…

This is making me hopeful as well. RN11519 NJ. October to blank to Dec 6-24 when the email came out then blank again for the last 3 or so days.