Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another gripe, that I hopes gets corrected in a future software update...

The Instrument Cluster screen does not have the ability to assign functions to the left and right portions (clock, energy, media, fan, etc.), as in pre-refresh Model S and Model X vehicles. Moreover, it does not even display media playing or phone calls! One of the nice things about the previous S/X over the 3/Y is that you could select which telephone number, hang-up, etc. with the scroll wheel, instead of having to use the touchscreen. This is a step backwards IMHO.

Also looking forward to auto-park being enabled!
We are still trying to learn what the Model S can and cannot do, but it does seem to do at least some of what you have mentioned: The media playing and related controls are displayed in a small box at the lower left of the screen. We haven’t made too many phone calls in our first week, because safely figuring out how to operate the car has been our focus and we haven’t wanted the distraction. I am pretty sure that the phone calls have also been displayed on the screen, but we have not tried to see what the scroll wheel may or may not be able to do.

The functions displayed on the screen can be dragged to either side of the display, but we have not experimented with whether or not they can be permanently assigned to a particular position, they default to the last spot they appeared, or they return to a pre-defined default screen position each time they are launched.

We are still trying to learn what the Model S can and cannot do, but it does seem to do at least some of what you have mentioned: The media playing and related controls are displayed in a small box at the lower left of the screen. We haven’t made too many phone calls in our first week, because safely figuring out how to operate the car has been our focus and we haven’t wanted the distraction. I am pretty sure that the phone calls have also been displayed on the screen, but we have not tried to see what the scroll wheel may or may not be able to do.

The functions displayed on the screen can be dragged to either side of the display, but we have not experimented with whether or not they can be permanently assigned to a particular position, they default to the last spot they appeared, or they return to a pre-defined default screen position each time they are launched.
Interesting information; thank you! Seems I am not the only one that ordered this product not knowing exactly what we were getting from Tesla. We trusted Tesla greatly; they came thru at times, but it seems there might not have been a definitive game plan on announcement day and realistically there was no way the vehicle was ready for delivery this past February. Eight months later and we are still learning just what the car can and cannot do. Not HUGE, but things such as main display tilt, Sirius XM yada yada. I believe some items were never really slated for inclusion...

Got a delivery date for Sept 20 (Monday of next week).

If I want to delay delivery by a month (because of travel and personal finances, or because of issues with the car), I understand that they will un-match my reservation with this VIN, and I'll have to wait for another VIN to be matched.

My questions to you all smart people:
1) what has your experience been with Tesla on this? Will I get pushed to the back of the queue? I see new orders have estimated delivery for April. I don't want to get delayed by another 6 months....
2) Also, I hope that my price will still be honored (with the pre-refresh $2k discount, and prior to the $10k increase). What do you think?

picked up today Mt Kisco, NY.

even on a monday they were moving me along. missing mats, back shelf, lower trunk area cover. August build

just got home and as I exited the rubber gasket that the window closes to fell out partially. i hit my hair on it.

the person they put me with said they don't take lists of missing things and they know to send me the missing parts. he really wanted to move to the next owner..and imo i was really easy going.

the gasket thing will have to be reported anyway ; long day. the OS is different than the Y, and my 3's. took some time to get to know it despite 3 years and 3 previous Tesla's.

only pic so far

Attachments

• model s first pic.JPG
    model s first pic.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 71

even on a monday they were moving me along. missing mats, back shelf, lower trunk area cover. August build

just got home and as I exited the rubber gasket that the window closes to fell out partially. i hit my hair on it.

the person they put me with said they don't take lists of missing things and they know to send me the missing parts. he really wanted to move to the next owner..and imo i was really easy going.

the gasket thing will have to be reported anyway ; long day. the OS is different than the Y, and my 3's. took some time to get to know it despite 3 years and 3 previous Tesla's.

only pic so far
BEAUTIFUL; enjoy it!!

I'm really uneasy with them rushing you thru to get on to the next delivery. Not saying a Tesla customer deserves the red carpet; however, dropping $100K, putting up with their lies and 8 month delays, ZERO communications, ZERO honesty, yada yada, regardless of how awesome the product might be, the rubber gasket issue seems to be totally EXPECTED!!

I personally would greatly appreciate an update with any other issues, after you catch your breath, should you have the time and desire. Beautiful machine; congrats!!

Interesting information; thank you! Seems I am not the only one that ordered this product not knowing exactly what we were getting from Tesla. We trusted Tesla greatly; they came thru at times, but it seems there might not have been a definitive game plan on announcement day and realistically there was no way the vehicle was ready for delivery this past February. Eight months later and we are still learning just what the car can and cannot do. Not HUGE, but things such as main display tilt, Sirius XM yada yada. I believe some items were never really slated for inclusion...

only pic so far
Congratulations looking great.

Have a feeling more and more parts missing bye the time we receive our cars we will probably have only the driver seat in the car and the tires. 🤔😎

BEAUTIFUL; enjoy it!!

I'm really uneasy with them rushing you thru to get on to the next delivery. Not saying a Tesla customer deserves the red carpet; however, dropping $100K, putting up with their lies and 8 month delays, ZERO communications, ZERO honesty, yada yada, regardless of how awesome the product might be, the rubber gasket issue seems to be totally EXPECTED!!

I personally would greatly appreciate an update with any other issues, after you catch your breath, should you have the time and desire. Beautiful machine; congrats!!
i will. just in the garage updating, etc. its more attractive than you see in the pics. i feel like i'm closer to heaven, really.

worth the wait? i guess. the forum did help immensely.

you all heard this before..a lot of us have had fast cars through the yrs...coming from mt kisco through new canaan ct i hit it and briefly lost my grip on the yoke ; accelerating so damn fast.. i cannot imagine the plaid. for a while i expect this to serve my needs lol

i will. just in the garage updating, etc. its more attractive than you see in the pics. i feel like i'm closer to heaven, really.

worth the wait? i guess. the forum did help immensely.

you all heard this before..a lot of us have had fast cars through the yrs...coming from mt kisco through new canaan ct i hit it and briefly lost my grip on the yoke ; accelerating so damn fast.. i cannot imagine the plaid. for a while i expect this to serve my needs lol
Nice post & thanks!!

Reactions: T-Racer
Got a delivery date for Sept 20 (Monday of next week).

If I want to delay delivery by a month (because of travel and personal finances, or because of issues with the car), I understand that they will un-match my reservation with this VIN, and I'll have to wait for another VIN to be matched.

My questions to you all smart people:
1) what has your experience been with Tesla on this? Will I get pushed to the back of the queue? I see new orders have estimated delivery for April. I don't want to get delayed by another 6 months....
2) Also, I hope that my price will still be honored (with the pre-refresh $2k discount, and prior to the $10k increase). What do you think?
If you do delay, can we try and arrange getting your car assigned to me? Same exact build and taking delivery in Chicago!

Reactions: T-Racer
Right, I can't imagine the Plaid either. The LR's rubber can barely keep it's grip on the road when I floor it in insane mode; How could the Plaid possibly accelerate any faster LOL? (yes, just a rhetorical question...)

Just received a text about 45 minutes ago:
"Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model S for delivery."

Just when I thought I'd be seeing it in 2022!
I now have a VIN.

EDD moved up to 9/16 - 9/19.

That leaves me no time to sell my Model 3, so I need to move quickly. That sale is part of my payment for the Model S!
Going to check Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, etc. since no one near me that I know is looking to buy my car right now.

Very exciting though. 👍

Just received a text about 45 minutes ago:
"Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model S for delivery."

Just when I thought I'd be seeing it in 2022!
I now have a VIN.

EDD moved up to 9/16 - 9/19.

That leaves me no time to sell my Model 3, so I need to move quickly. That sale is part of my payment for the Model S!
Going to check Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, etc. since no one near me that I know is looking to buy my car right now.

Very exciting though. 👍
Congratulations! Please let us know how your sale goes.

Reactions: McQ14