Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if this has been reported previously, but I wanted to order Weathertech mats for my incoming LR; the order screen lists '2021' as an option but to be sure I sent a note to their customer service email. This is the response:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer Floor Liners or a Cargo Liner for the 2021.5 Tesla Model S. At the moment we only offer products for the 2021 model and have not done testing yet to see if those products will fit the 2021.5 model. The parts are in the earliest stages of production and there is no current timetable for when it will be available for sale. I am sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions/concerns please feel free to let us know.

Have a great day.

Not sure why they have 2021 as an option given that only the Plaid and LR versions shipped in 2021 (unless they mean the cars shipped at the end of 2020 with a 2021 model year VIN).

Has anyone with a new car found a comparable all-weather mat set for their car?

The OEM all weather mats available at the Tesla shop are weathertech, it said “wathertech usa” right on the box they came in. Model S All-Weather Interior Mats

Reactions: Pdubs
Don't know if this has been reported previously, but I wanted to order Weathertech mats for my incoming LR; the order screen lists '2021' as an option but to be sure I sent a note to their customer service email. This is the response:

Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer Floor Liners or a Cargo Liner for the 2021.5 Tesla Model S. At the moment we only offer products for the 2021 model and have not done testing yet to see if those products will fit the 2021.5 model. The parts are in the earliest stages of production and there is no current timetable for when it will be available for sale. I am sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions/concerns please feel free to let us know.

Have a great day.

Not sure why they have 2021 as an option given that only the Plaid and LR versions shipped in 2021 (unless they mean the cars shipped at the end of 2020 with a 2021 model year VIN).

Has anyone with a new car found a comparable all-weather mat set for their car?
I got my weather tech mats from the Tesla website. Delivered in 3 days.

Reactions: boonedocks
I know everyone’s situation is different but I am going from a 2011 BMW 335 coupe to this model S LR. I’m a guy in my 40’s and my annual insurance went from $1600 to $5000!!!! Is that ballpark what others are paying?

I know everyone’s situation is different but I am going from a 2011 BMW 335 coupe to this model S LR. I’m a guy in my 40’s and my annual insurance went from $1600 to $5000!!!! Is that ballpark what others are paying?
$5,000 a year!!! No WAY!!
Our combined '21 S LR and '17 X75D are $2,200 annually with the highest coverages (required by our umbrella policy)

Reactions: Danlbrau
I’m 26, and I’m gonna be paying 1100/year with Plymouth Rock. Alternative was 1300/year with Progressive.

The other folks were pretty high though, some upto 3400/year.

No one else on my policy though. Plus, I have it as used for pleasure, because I don’t commute by car; I take the train.

Last edited:
I got my weather tech mats from the Tesla website. Delivered in 3 days.
The current refresh all weather mats on the shop site (got some too) are definitely not weathertech, definitely not the nice floorliners. they are just thinner rubber mats with Tesla on them.

Definitely looking forward to WeatherTech coming out with the full range of floor liners, as those have the lips on sides, have dead pedal coverage, etc. These current Tesla ones are fine short term but don't offer nearly the protection/quality of WT floorliners.

The current refresh all weather mats on the shop site (got some too) are definitely not weathertech, definitely not the nice floorliners. they are just thinner rubber mats with Tesla on them.

Definitely looking forward to WeatherTech coming out with the full range of floor liners, as those have the lips on sides, have dead pedal coverage, etc. These current Tesla ones are fine short term but don't offer nearly the protection/quality of WT floorliners.

The Tesla mats are 100% made by weathertech. Again, it literally says "WeatherTech USA" on the box they come in. They are not identical construction/material to the standard weathertech mats sold as weathertech digital floor liners tho.

Reactions: Pdubs

Box says weather tech. I’ll look when I get home.

I got my 2021 MS Long Range a few days ago with 19" Tempest wheels. I am in MN. Half of the 19" wheels on the Tesla lot had all season, but mine unfortunately came with sumemr tires. I originally ordered 19 inch wheels assuming they would come with all season. It seems luck of the draw which you get because there were 3 MS cars with all season continentals there. Anyways, my neighbor has has a 2018 p100D and he give me a set of winter rims with almost new snow tires. Problem is they are 245 width tires. I assume they would be fine on the front, but the rears I have our 285. Could I get spacers for the rear?

I got my 2021 MS Long Range a few days ago with 19" Tempest wheels. I am in MN. Half of the 19" wheels on the Tesla lot had all season, but mine unfortunately came with sumemr tires. I originally ordered 19 inch wheels assuming they would come with all season. It seems luck of the draw which you get because there were 3 MS cars with all season continentals there. Anyways, my neighbor has has a 2018 p100D and he give me a set of winter rims with almost new snow tires. Problem is they are 245 width tires. I assume they would be fine on the front, but the rears I have our 285. Could I get spacers for the rear?
Someone else here was using the old model s wheels but had to use 20mm spacers in the front and back.

In early 30s
I'm an old dude in his 50s still waiting for my S. The Yoke is one of my biggest concerns too in large part because (as clearly implied from the question), I have 3 decades of driving experience with a round wheel and stalks. Lot of muscle memory and no young teachable muscles or neurons left in the tank.

If I had patience, I would have waited. I still go to the mall often (my wife finally figured out why I started tagging along with her while shopping so much) in the off chance they will have a demo car to try out but obviously no luck there.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully, it will not bother me or I'll get used to it or find a 3p round wheel (TSportline?). Lot of money to spend otherwise. Maybe this is why my son recently picked an apartment whose garage has a line of car chargers. He's probably hoping I'll give up (like I did with FPS shooters about when he went to Middle School) and he'll end up with the Model S.

There were 2030 2021 Model S and Model X that were produced in 2020 Q4 and delivered 2021 Q1. "Refreshed" 2021 cars are referred to as 2021+ in the Tesla owner's manual.

Dates continue to change. Regarding to auto insurance, im receiving quotes ranging from 275-375 per month. My previous car was a 2004 Honda accord lx coupe and was paying 95 a month. Are other people getting similar prices? I called geico, esurance and statefarm.

Blank since mid may
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30
September 15: September 26-29 VIN received
September 17: September 22-28

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/26-29 Denver, CO

Reactions: cascadilla
Dates continue to change. Regarding to auto insurance, im receiving quotes ranging from 275-375 per month. My previous car was a 2004 Honda accord lx coupe and was paying 95 a month. Are other people getting similar prices? I called geico, esurance and statefarm.

Blank since mid may
August 10: September 19-30
August 13: September 17-30
August 17 : September 15-30
September 11: September 22-30
September 15: September 26-29 VIN received
September 17: September 22-28

MSLR RN 1145 OD 2/20/21 Blue/Black/19/FSD EDD 9/26-29 Denver, CO
Call Plymouth and Progressive. They seem to have the best rates for Teslas.

Although, that could be region specific.