Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking deeply about this, since I do it too (also in 50s).
Plan A: lose 20 lbs, so I don't grab the wheel;​
Plan B: always cock the yoke/wheel at an angle, so I have a dependable bar;​
Plan C: Park on a 45º incline so I just fall out of the car.​
Any 12 year old kids could learn how to operate the yoke steering wheel in five minutes. Relax. It will be fine. First world problems

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and Pdubs
Any 12 year old kids could learn how to operate the yoke steering wheel in five minutes. Relax. It will be fine. First world problems
If you had actually read his posts, you would see that he's not worried about how to operate the yoke. He's explaining how to deal with getting in and out of the car without grabbing the top of a steering wheel as he normally does.

Reactions: Missile Toad
I know everyone’s situation is different but I am going from a 2011 BMW 335 coupe to this model S LR. I’m a guy in my 40’s and my annual insurance went from $1600 to $5000!!!! Is that ballpark what others are paying?
Absolutely not. I have max limits ($500k/$250k/$100k) and my LR is quoted at $1,200 for six months, same as my 2021 Macan. Shop elsewhere. Or get a quote from Tesla. They offered me a little higher than State Farm, $241/mo for highest limits.

$5,000 a year!!! No WAY!!
Our combined '21 S LR and '17 X75D are $2,200 annually with the highest coverages (required by our umbrella policy)
Gainsville must be a pretty low crime area. I know if I didn’t live in LA I’d be paying half what I do. As if there aren’t 100 other reasons to move out of CA…
1631916970952.jpeg

Reactions: boonedocks
These EDD's make no sense. I ordered on 5/18, 10days earlier than you, with the same configuration as yours, except no FSD. RN is 11497xxxx. My EDD has been steady at 9/22 to 9/30.

I live close to Fremont. The EOQ push is the only explanation, since the car could be made very close to EOQ for the delivery to happen.
I'm in the same boat bridge-player. I'm in Manteca RN is 1147 ordered 4/4/21 EDD same as yours. Hope we get ours soon.

Yes, that was a common aftermarket item in vintage cars such as mine. It proved very helpful, especially if no power steering. With the ease of movement of current steering, it is no longer necessary. I find that if I gently hold onto just one part of the wheel, I can easily spin it around, and exactly how I am practicing now before my yoke MS arrives
Quite right! I have been practicing in exactly the same manner. I've been driving at 9 and 3 for decades and I often just use the end of one of the horizontal spokes to spin the wheel. I'm not anticipating any real problems.

Reactions: McQ14 and cwanja
My EDD has been 9/24-9/30 for a week (before it was 9/26-/9/30 and prior to that mid October). I haven't received a VIN and redid my financing last Saturday when the date changed. No VIN. I decided to email an SA @ our local service center to ask if he could check to see if these dates were accurate. He replied "I've reviewed your account and based on the tentative build times, it appears that you'll be taking delivery of your Model S in Mid-Late November. I've been seeing customer accounts updating with different delivery ranges for the last couple of days. I'll be sure to update you if I see any further movement."

So what does that really mean? I can see what my EDD says and I see others receiving VINs around the same time I ordered and picking up at the end of month ... Do they even really know?????

Reactions: GeeGee
My EDD has been 9/24-9/30 for a week (before it was 9/26-/9/30 and prior to that mid October). I haven't received a VIN and redid my financing last Saturday when the date changed. No VIN. I decided to email an SA @ our local service center to ask if he could check to see if these dates were accurate. He replied "I've reviewed your account and based on the tentative build times, it appears that you'll be taking delivery of your Model S in Mid-Late November. I've been seeing customer accounts updating with different delivery ranges for the last couple of days. I'll be sure to update you if I see any further movement."

So what does that really mean? I can see what my EDD says and I see others receiving VINs around the same time I ordered and picking up at the end of month ... Do they even really know?????
I dont believe there are many LR 19 1152s getting VIN at this time. I would also estimate that you will be getting your car mid October at the absolute earliest based on the current trend. But to not get your hopes up, you should probably expect it in November.

I dont believe there are many LR 19 1152s getting VIN at this time. I would also estimate that you will be getting your car mid October at the absolute earliest based on the current trend. But to not get your hopes up, you should probably expect it in November.
Well there may not be many but I know that there is at least one that ordered the day after me, with a RN 1152 and has a date and VIN. Either way, I guess I'll see what happens over the weekend...

quick question on paying for the car on delivery day:

Does adding bank account and paying for the car on Tesla account page online, go through immediately? Or does payment via website take some time to process?

I'm wondering if I can go to inspect the car on my delivery appointment, and if I like the car, pay for it immediately via the website while I'm at at the delivery center.

(family is helping to pay for the car... so I was wondering if I can tell them to pay from my online account after I inspect the car, so that their money doesn't get stuck in case the car doesn't pass my inspections. Also I'm trying to avoid carrying certified checks, because we using multiple accounts)

Last edited:
Reactions: Draketurner
quick question on paying for the car on delivery day:

Does adding bank account and paying for the car on Tesla account page online, go through immediately? Or does payment via website take some time to process?

I'm wondering if I can go to inspect the car on my delivery appointment, and if I like the car, pay for it immediately via the website while I'm at at the delivery center.

(family is helping to pay for the car... so I was wondering to tell them to go to my account and pay after I inspect the car, so that their money doesn't get stuck in case the car doesn't pass my inspections. Also I'm trying to avoid carrying certified checks, because we using multiple accounts)
It goes through immediately. When I picked up my MYP I inspected the car and then paid right there in the parking lot. Took about 90 seconds for car to be added to be account after that so I could drive off.

Nov/Dec window unchanged. I'm telling myself that if you think about it, I'm one of the lucky ones: getting a 2022 model year car, that the early rash of build issues will have settled out, software will work by the time my car's in hand, and that there's even a shot of interior light bars getting activated, plus tilt display motors.

...This is what I tell myself...

...whimper...

Got my VIN yesterday with EDD narrowed to next week. Feb order w 1145. MSM with black, 19s, no FSD.
And, within about a day of getting the VIN, am now scheduled for a delivery date next week. Didn’t expect delivery to home in the LA area, as it’s typically the Marina Del Rey distribution center, so that’s a pleasant surprise. Also got a Tesla trade-in price on my 3 that’s higher than what both Carvana and Vroom were offering.