Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD has been blank for about 2 weeks. As of this morning it shows Dec 15 to Jan 3. I have a current lease expiring in October, and am going to extend it until the new car arrives. Does anyone know if you can do multiple extensions? For example, if I select the one month extension on the website with the hopes that my delivery moves up then can I go in again later and select another one month extension?
I was able to extend my Lexus on a month to month lease for up to six months. After six months however, I either need to return it or buy it. My original EDD was October and my lease extension was started on 5/10/21...so I need to get my Tesla before 11/10/21...which at this point seems only hopeful. I'll probably buy it off the lease because used car values are hot and then either trade it in or sell it privately or to CarMax for whom already offered my $4K over the buyout... My last EDD was late December until it went Blank a couple weeks ago...

Reactions: Ormond
EDD moved from Oct 18-Nov 10 to Sep 29-Sep30

Tightest window I’ve ever had, surely VIN soon right? If not, whatever monkey, whatever

VINdication!!!!!!

Got a call this afternoon to stop by Tuesday to pickup. $2K referral credit showing in the system but when I inquired about the referral to earn free supercharging miles, the friendly SA on the line indicated they completely cancelled this program JUST LAST NIGHT. Bummer.

I’m too excited to be worried about that right now.

2? So is my great, great, great, great grandson; I'm ancient aviator (retired).
2? So is my great, great, great, great grandson; I'm ancient aviator (retired).
Tesla Model S LR, black with cream interior, 19 inch wheels

Finally got my Model S delivered Tuesday. It was a unique experience for sure. Initially, I wasn’t too impressed with the service from the delivery team at my location…but ended up making the best of it. I knew they were doing the best they could. First issue was that the delivery driver was over his hours and ended up driving 4 miles past the Tesla exit to a truck stop. I was supposed to get my car at 2pm but he didn’t deliver until 4. The second issue something with the trunk latch/actuator that locked the trunk completely and wouldn’t open. Finally around 6:30pm I asked if I could just bring it back and have them order whatever part they needed. I brought it back the next day and they fixed it without having to order any parts.

They did tell me that the trunk well cover and the upper trunk shelf/separator was on backorder, but they’d call the second they came in. I’m ok with that - they’ve got q3 deliveries to meet and as a stockholder, I’m not gonna complain. It’d be a shame to have tens of thousands of cars sitting at the factory just waiting on a couple of flat, plastic, carpeted pieces. I, and I’m sure most owners, would rather have their cars a few weeks early as well.

Pros:
- This is the first time every riding or driving a Tesla. Bajeezus, the power is addictive.
- I like the yolk and the only time it’s a little awkward is turning in reverse.
- The tech is common sense to make things very easy - like homelink automatic open/close, auto-steer, etc. I do plan on upgrading to FSD but wanted to put that on a credit card for points since 1) it’s a large purchase and 2) minimize annual tag cost.
- The controls, layout, system etc is very intuitive.
- One pedal driving is one of my faves
- After playing with the fart machine, I’ve determined that Elon musk is the worlds oldest 12 year old. I’m so glad he’s not worried about having to act professional. Could you imagine Bob Lutz putting that feature in a caddy? Lol
- The style: in my opinion, one of the most beautiful cars ever designed.
- Value. Despite the net $8k increase after ordering pre-refresh, I still value this over a model 3 performance bc of the styling, range, and luxury. (But with the new $90k base price, I’m not sure)

Cons: (most of these I’m sure will get easier with time)
- I’m not used to the turn signal buttons yet. I’ve caught myself a few instances with them on after switching lanes on the interstate for extended periods.
- Vampire drain. I’ve learned this is primarily due to sentry mode and since turned it off. I plan on using it manually when needed in shady situations :).
- The windshield fogs up VERY quickly in my humid climate…and the interior side of
it is a bitch to clean with the angle/slope it has. At least the bugs/rocks are minimal. I’ve also ordered a de-fogging treatment that I hope will help.
- Insurance is $$$. My second car is an 09 Wrangler 4-door and my insurance here is ~$250 a month now for both…when with just the wrangler, it was around $80. I do plan on shopping around next month with my policy expires.

All in all, it’s an excellent car. I may have already convinced a couple other friends to place orders :).
Genius! CC for FSD, wish I would‘ve thought of that. Enjoy the ride.

Well there may not be many but I know that there is at least one that ordered the day after me, with a RN 1152 and has a date and VIN. Either way, I guess I'll see what happens over the weekend...
I have seen other people that ordered the same configuration as I did and have received their cars. One person received their car from dealership 40 miles from where the dealership is located. They also ordered after I did. Tesla has no idea of how the logical use of RN’s should be used. my date is currently Oct 24 - Dec 14.

Delivery is finalized for Wednesday the 22nd at 5 PM after originally being the 24th at 10:30 and then moved to the 28th at 5. As the car arrives at the SC two days ago, I used every thing I had to get it pulled forward again. Looks like this may be the first delivery in Canada 🇨🇦

Almost 7 months to the day from ordering ! Good luck everyone. Many of us here weathered the dry months of broken promises and lack of communication as we developed carpal tunnel syndrome from continuous APP refreshing. Now production is flowing and looks like wait time as far less except for a few that remain in mysterious purgatory awaiting signs of VINdication.

l am excited to get Sparky and start to ride the lightning and enjoyed the great emotional support in this forum. I will still lurk but may start to back off from checking 10-12 times a day for updates 😩

Cheers from the Great White North

Wheels? I have a edd of Oct 19- Nov 08 in PA with 21’s(Summer tires) so I will need A/S tires as soon as I get the car. Tsportline seems to be the only site that has wheels that will fit the refresh but they are showing delivery timeline of 8-10weeks. Can anyone recommend a place that may have some 19’s that will fit the refresh with quicker delivery timeframe.

I was able to extend my Lexus on a month to month lease for up to six months. After six months however, I either need to return it or buy it. My original EDD was October and my lease extension was started on 5/10/21...so I need to get my Tesla before 11/10/21...which at this point seems only hopeful. I'll probably buy it off the lease because used car values are hot and then either trade it in or sell it privately or to CarMax for whom already offered my $4K over the buyout... My last EDD was late December until it went Blank a couple weeks ago...
November? You better go Plaid. January LR orders are still not fully filled.

Wheels? I have a edd of Oct 19- Nov 08 in PA with 21’s(Summer tires) so I will need A/S tires as soon as I get the car. Tsportline seems to be the only site that has wheels that will fit the refresh but they are showing delivery timeline of 8-10weeks. Can anyone recommend a place that may have some 19’s that will fit the refresh with quicker delivery timeframe.
My detailer recommended these. Anyone have experience with them?

Reactions: Robb1914