Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many Plaids in inventory in South Florida this morning… No LR.
quick question on paying for the car on delivery day:

Does adding bank account and paying for the car on Tesla account page online, go through immediately? Or does payment via website take some time to process?

I'm wondering if I can go to inspect the car on my delivery appointment, and if I like the car, pay for it immediately via the website while I'm at at the delivery center.

(family is helping to pay for the car... so I was wondering if I can tell them to pay from my online account after I inspect the car, so that their money doesn't get stuck in case the car doesn't pass my inspections. Also I'm trying to avoid carrying certified checks, because we using multiple accounts)
alright. 😀Reallye1Z
Try

Congrats! Looks great! Can you post photos of the wheel with the aero cover removed? That darker aero cover is a huge improvement in my view but I’m wondering if the actual wheel is now darker and/or different than the earlier deliveries with the lighter colored aero cover. My EDD is showing Sep 30 - Oct 20 for my MS LR 19” Tempest Black/Black No FSD.
As requested. Sorry, it’s not exactly clean but that may not come thru the photo. Now I need to find that post about where to get the center caps 😂
1632154742445.jpeg

This is actually a very common practice with dealers who have rare or super high demand cars (usually performance cars). They justify it by saying that whoever ends up buying it wants a NEW car, not one that 10 people took for a joyride and I can partially understand that and agree.

Imagine waiting 6 months for the model s assigned to you and you get in and there is 300 miles on it and the seats are already wrinkled because of the other previous customers that decided they didn’t want it.

Obviously during “normal” times where demand isn’t crazy you could test drive and inspect a model s at the sales center anytime.
That's a fair point. I'd counter with: I'm not looking to drive the car before paying. The wrinkly seat argument has some merit to it, but I'd argue, if you go through more than two rejections for one car, there's probably something wrong with the car, for its price point. I'd question the morals of a company that's selling a car with obvious enough defects to be rejected twice by customers as impatient as us to get our cars (I've been waiting 6 months, and can't wait, and I know that others have waited longer). A customer as impatient as me will overlook quite a few defects.

I don't agree with the idea that you should be allowed to reject a car because you suddenly realize you, for example, don't like the yoke, when you show up. But, if the car has a clear and obvious defect, I think it's fair for someone to have the opportunity to reject it. It's standard car buying process for pretty much any other car, and seems to not be the case for even the low-end models of Teslas.

If this is the concern, I would suggest to schedule your delivery on the weekdays. Not sure whether you will be able to talk to a real person but worth to try.
I'm taking a day off, going in next Monday at 1pm (I'll probably arrive an hour or so early). So hopefully, that'll lead to some flexibility.

That's a fair point. I'd counter with: I'm not looking to drive the car before paying. The wrinkly seat argument has some merit to it, but I'd argue, if you go through more than two rejections for one car, there's probably something wrong with the car, for its price point. I'd question the morals of a company that's selling a car with obvious enough defects to be rejected twice by customers as impatient as us to get our cars (I've been waiting 6 months, and can't wait, and I know that others have waited longer). A customer as impatient as me will overlook quite a few defects.

I don't agree with the idea that you should be allowed to reject a car because you suddenly realize you, for example, don't like the yoke, when you show up. But, if the car has a clear and obvious defect, I think it's fair for someone to have the opportunity to reject it. It's standard car buying process for pretty much any other car, and seems to not be the case for even the low-end models of Teslas.

I'm taking a day off, going in next Monday at 1pm (I'll probably arrive an hour or so early). So hopefully, that'll lead to some flexibility.
It’s true in some cases you have to accept delivery before the car is delivered. I know some people have been able to inspect it before, but the Covid excuse gives them some leverage to require “touchless” delivery.

But just because you’ve accepted delivery doesn’t mean you have no recourse if there are defects. I haven’t found any, but my understanding is once you accept the vehicle if you find something you set up a service appt to fix it. I guess I did find one. Neither fob seems to work, so I called my SA and he set up an appt to get them checked. Presumably misaligned doors or whatever are dealt with the same way.

Reactions: cascadilla
Taking delivery Wednesday 9/22 in Devon, PA. I asked them, via text, if they knew which tires my car was delivered with. They texted back that they are the Pirelli PZero Summer tires.

Not really looking to drive two sets of tires. Where I live we get just enough snow to warrant winter tires but I've always gotten along great with all-season tires, including on my Model 3. So I've asked them about swapping out the Pirellis and they said they're going to work on that. We'll see. Honestly, the worst case is that they can't do it and I need to sell the Pirellis and buy all-season ties myself. Not that big of a deal, a very minor hassle.

Taking delivery Wednesday 9/22 in Devon, PA. I asked them, via text, if they knew which tires my car was delivered with. They texted back that they are the Pirelli PZero Summer tires.

Not really looking to drive two sets of tires. Where I live we get just enough snow to warrant winter tires but I've always gotten along great with all-season tires, including on my Model 3. So I've asked them about swapping out the Pirellis and they said they're going to work on that. We'll see. Honestly, the worst case is that they can't do it and I need to sell the Pirellis and buy all-season ties myself. Not that big of a deal, a very minor hassle.
But a stupid hassle nonetheless. Ohio-based here, and I am expecting delivery mid Oct. I will not accept summer tires going into winter.

Don't forget to update the Delivery tracking spreadsheet!!!!

I just looked at this for the first time in over a month. There is just not enough data on this spreadsheet to make ti that useful anymore.

It’s true in some cases you have to accept delivery before the car is delivered. I know some people have been able to inspect it before, but the Covid excuse gives them some leverage to require “touchless” delivery.

But just because you’ve accepted delivery doesn’t mean you have no recourse if there are defects. I haven’t found any, but my understanding is once you accept the vehicle if you find something you set up a service appt to fix it. I guess I did find one. Neither fob seems to work, so I called my SA and he set up an appt to get them checked. Presumably misaligned doors or whatever are dealt with the same way.
On my current MS, I got home and found a huge crack in the roof glass. It was not visible on the outside, only from the inside, It was at least 18" long. I called right away, and advised to bring it in. It took them weeks (more?) to get a replacement. When I picked the car up, they insisted that I pay $1,200 for it. I was pretty upset, and they caved. So no, I do not want this car delivered to my home. I will insist on them sending it to Marina del Rey, where I can do a full inspection and have everything documented before I leave the lot. Hopefully, I have nothing to fix though. That would be best.

But a stupid hassle nonetheless. Ohio-based here, and I am expecting delivery mid Oct. I will not accept summer tires going into winter.
I am sure as hell not supporting Tesla's decision on this or agree with delivering cars entering winter with summer tires, but the manual gives them leeway here - it has tire specs for both All Season and Summer tires. And nothing on the purchase pages says you are getting All Season tires.

I came looking for you after seeing my update last night: Mine is now Oct 06 to Oct 26...I wonder why the day difference...
On the serious side, and while the following thought is not on my "top 10" list, after waiting what will likely be 10? months, and "if" the following year VIN is assigned based on October "build", I would not at all mind an "N" rather than an "M". As far as my EDD being 1 day prior to yours, I would guess "many" cars will be delivered to both WPB (West Palm Beach) as well as Tampa, so it's not a guarantee our cars will be shipped together. Simply a guess on my part. Ganbei...

As requested. Sorry, it’s not exactly clean but that may not come thru the photo. Now I need to find that post about where to get the center caps 😂
View attachment 711906
Thanks for the photo!

Now I’m just wondering if that wheel is one glossy black powder coat away from looking pretty good….

I think I could get a good glossy black powder coat for $500 - 600 for the set (to go with my Blk/Blk MS LR delivery in October) and maybe just use the aero caps when range is relevant.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the photo!

Now I’m just wondering if that wheel is one glossy black powder coat away from looking pretty good….

I think I could get a good glossy black powder coat for $500 - 600 for the set (to go with my Blk/Blk MS LR delivery in October) and maybe just use the aero caps when range is relevant.

Thoughts?
Personal opinion (obviously), I think the newer dark vs. silver hubcaps look fine vs. off, and wheels only...

Reactions: cwanja
View attachment 711906
The wheel looks great to me with the cover removed, but I see how the black lug nut covers would make the wheels look even better. The question is, is the hub cap there to streamline the airflow around the tires, and maximize the battery range? Is your range impacted with the covers removed?

The wheel looks great to me with the cover removed, but I see how the black lug nut covers would make the wheels look even better. The question is, is the hub cap there to streamline the airflow around the tires, and maximize the battery range? Is your range impacted with the covers removed?
I’ve only had her a day but will be taking notes with and without. Someone posted a trip around Houston with and without and found no difference. But I’ve got to believe they are effective otherwise why bother? Maybe to SEEM more aerodynamic? Doubtful.

Reactions: Philadelphia-S