Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, I just don't think it's physically possible for them to even get us a car by 9/30 if there is no vin made for it yet.
For us non-Bay Area west coasters, I think you are right BUT I think Tesla wants to keep you ready just in case someone with your build can't or won't take delivery by the end of the month. So the car will be at your delivery center and Tesla will want to make sure someone takes delivery before EOQ (even if it's not the person the order was intended for and who may have been assigned the VIN but whose VIN can easily be assigned to you if the original order holder can't close by EOQ)

Reactions: Fitz1414
Alright, all you losers: I got my car today. I won't say it was worth the eight-month wait, since that would be overly generous. It was worth waiting seven of those months.

Throw away that three-page "Fear and Loathing in Fremont" document — I'm declaring my car perfect. The delivery experience was perfect. In fact, I'm going to name my car "KiscoKreme". Mt. Kisco delivers more Tesla's than any other other location, 80-90 per day.

I was delighted to find it fitted with Conti ProContact all season tires.

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Delivered Today! / Mt. Kisco / VIN 441XXX.

kiscoKreme.jpeg

Good luck let us know. I visited Dublin SC on Saturday to see if I could get some additional info on Sept deliveries but those Advisors know nothing & they're upset about folks asking the same question again & again.
I did the same at Dublin. LOL Over the weekend my pick up location changed to Stockton. Called them at Stockton today and no info either. EDD 9/21-9/30 as well.

Reactions: DG Tiger
I'm in the same boat as you. EDD Sept 21-30. I'm in Manteca. No VIN. Are you as frustrated as I am?
So a day or so b4 the apology email, my SA said that her systems show my RN1148 was set for late Oct, early Nov.

Then after the apology email, EDD suddenly moved to late Sept. Been late Sept for 1 month, stuck at Sept 21 to 30 for a week now. SA still says it's Oct/Nov

Seems like these EDD are just kind of Horse Manure. Some get the cars, some don't. But keeps us suckers hoping.

Reactions: GeeGee and Vinny860
I did the same at Dublin. LOL Over the weekend my pick up location changed to Stockton. Called them at Stockton today and no info either. EDD 9/21-9/30 as well.
So they change the pick up location? Stockton is over an hr away from you, that's an OK move? If they change my pu location to Stockton, I will just cancel. Ain't gonna drive 2+ hrs for a car that may be poorly built.

Just got a call from my SA. I have delivery scheduled for Sept 28. He indicated that the car would be there for sure and not to be worried about delays. About 20 minutes after the call a Tesla Rep called and said my car would be ready on the 26th and I could pick it up early if I wanted to. I live several hours away so I told them it would be best if I kept plans as they are and pick up on the 28th. Now people around me are telling me I should be worried they'll give it to someone else! They have no info, they are just messing with me but it still makes me nervous.

One more thing. My card keys don’t work either. I thought they did, but when I tried to get into the car with just them and not my phone, they couldn’t open it. Makes sense, because if I got the wrong fobs it’s likely the card keys wouldn’t be correct either.
just go to the locks section and add no? or is there no lock section anymore that shows your keys and fobs? I think you do need at least one working key card though to add another.

Alright, all you losers: I got my car today. I won't say it was worth the eight-month wait, since that would be overly generous. It was worth waiting seven of those months.

Throw away that three-page "Fear and Loathing in Fremont" document — I'm declaring my car perfect. The delivery experience was perfect. In fact, I'm going to name my car "KiscoKreme". Mt. Kisco delivers more Tesla's than any other other location, 80-90 per day.

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Delivered Today! / Mt. Kisco / VIN 441XXX.

View attachment 712505
Great to hear that Mt Kisco Tesla continues to get it done! I’ve got an EDD Sept 30 - Oct 20 for my MS LR Blk/Blk 19’s. We’ll see if that holds up. Picking up in Mt Kisco when the day comes.

That will be Tesla number 5 for me. Had two M3’s in 2018, traded one in for 2019 MS Perf (which I had to let go last week to make room for the new MS). Traded the other M3 in last month for a MY Perf which is a pretty sweet rig btw. Anyway, your car looks great! Congrats!

Hey all new here! Found this place after searching in frustration for whats going on with my order. Good to see so much great info here and that I'm not alone with the EDD craziness!

Ordered May 22, 2021. RN 11501. S LR. Silver, Black Interior, 19". No FSD. EDD started at September, Changed to October for a while, Then November, Then November-December, Then Blank, Then February, Then December-January, Then blank for 3 weeks and just changed to February on Saturday September 18th. Currently at February....

View attachment 712505
All that perfection goodness and only 1 pic??? Not cool man. Not cool.

Hey all new here! Found this place after searching in frustration for whats going on with my order. Good to see so much great info here and that I'm not alone with the EDD craziness!

Ordered May 22, 2021. RN 11501. S LR. Silver, Black Interior, 19". No FSD. EDD started at September, Changed to October for a while, Then November, Then November-December, Then Blank, Then February, Then December-January, Then blank for 3 weeks and just changed to February on Saturday September 18th. Currently at February....
You may already know this, but often times, a February EDD means a VIN and delivery date are imminent. Although, you've apparently seen a Feb EDD before.
Just to make sure you understand everything, I suggest you go back and read all of the past 497 pages. That should keep you busy enough until you get your car.
Anyway, welcome!

For us non-Bay Area west coasters, I think you are right BUT I think Tesla wants to keep you ready just in case someone with your build can't or won't take delivery by the end of the month. So the car will be at your delivery center and Tesla will want to make sure someone takes delivery before EOQ (even if it's not the person the order was intended for and who may have been assigned the VIN but whose VIN can easily be assigned to you if the original order holder can't close by EOQ)
Best explanation yet. There are just too many cars scheduled for EOQ to think they could actually deliver. That, and many with no VINs.

I am anxiously hoping you get it sooner 😀

Reactions: doubleshot
Picked up the car today! It was raining so couldn’t really do a thorough exterior review yet. Overall build quality seems good.

main issue I found were wrinkles in the seats. I had the worm defect in the yoke too

View attachment 712553
View attachment 712554
I’ve decided that they’re not wrinkles. They’re pleats. This is what I’m telling myself.