Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been driving a 2016 Model S 75 that I bought used in 2017: no pano roof, air suspension, or premium sounds. And ever since I bought it, I've been itching to get a new one with more range and luxury features, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Paying more money for the same car didn't make sense to me. However, with the recent updates, I finally have a compelling reason to upgrade. I ordered my LR Model S on 9/15, Blue/White/19. My estimated delivery is 12/3-1/2. It would be awesome if I could get it before Christmas! :D
Oh, and just in case you guys were wondering, I'm in the Bay Area.

All that perfection goodness and only 1 pic??? Not cool man. Not cool.

You may already know this, but often times, a February EDD means a VIN and delivery date are imminent. Although, you've apparently seen a Feb EDD before.
Just to make sure you understand everything, I suggest you go back and read all of the past 497 pages. That should keep you busy enough until you get your car.
Anyway, welcome!
No doubt! i went down the rabbit hole and I read about 30 pages worth. Dont know if i could do all 500 lol. Thanks for the welcome!

Regarding seat pleats, I looked at 4 refresh Models S cars awaiting delivery today and a few had pleats in various spots while 1-2 of them didn’t have any. Pleats shouldn’t be there and It will be one of the first things I check for when my car arrives later this week.

I can confirm those with 19s had all seasons on them (Chicago area).
2A1DC54E-1D69-4DDA-A5CC-61E4FB3B93A4.jpeg
Also, saw the cream for the first time and it is so much better (less yellow) in person than the website.
378CB3B8-ED73-4B9C-8C68-F930493DC00A.jpeg

Regarding seat pleats, I looked at 4 refresh Models S cars awaiting delivery today and a few had pleats in various spots while 1-2 of them didn’t have any. Pleats shouldn’t be there and It will be one of the first things I check for when my car arrives later this week.

View attachment 712578Also, saw the cream for the first time and it is so much better (less yellow) in person than the website. View attachment 712577
Saw a white on black with 19s plaid this evening at my local SC. Outstanding. The 19s look way better in person.

Reactions: Pdubs and GrnSqrl
Key chains? Use the key card or phone key. Like you said: "(When I got home, I setup the phone key, which is much move convenient in my opinion)"
The one thing the delivery center did was set up my phone so I could control it thru the app. Damn good thing too, because after a couple of days I found out neither the fobs or card keys are paired to my car. I realized the fobs weren’t when I tried to open trunk and frunk. Card key took longer because I thought they were working but it wasn’t until I tried to use them while my phone was left in the house that I realized they were not activated. Trip to service tomorrow…

One more issue. The shift slide on the screen stopped working after the second day. Luckily the emergency PRND lit up under the cell phone charging docks and I can use that. Odd.

Yes. 1.49% @DCU
So a day or so b4 the apology email, my SA said that her systems show my RN1148 was set for late Oct, early Nov.

Then after the apology email, EDD suddenly moved to late Sept. Been late Sept for 1 month, stuck at Sept 21 to 30 for a week now. SA still says it's Oct/Nov

Seems like these EDD are just kind of Horse Manure. Some get the cars, some don't. But keeps us suckers hoping.
More like prepared. They will not let a complete car sit through the end of quarter.

View attachment 712578Also, saw the cream for the first time and it is so much better (less yellow) in person than the website. View attachment 712577
Can't imagine they can be fixed, need to swap out a new seat. Will they be willing given the parts shortage?

I got summer Pirelli P Zeros in Los Angeles. It’s good to see they have the good sense to fit the cars for the region they are being delivered. At least anecdotally.

Reactions: Pdubs
I found my front seats have the same issues. Is Tesla willing to repair?
I am hoping I do not have much of that issue. Need someone with experience to chime in on what the fix is. I'd be worried they would do more long-term damage to the material with whatever immediate remedy they determine. I highly doubt they would replace the seat. Heard someone else saying heat gun/warm cloth, that worries me that in the short term it's fixed but what kind of damage to the material have they now done that long term doesn't turn into a tear of some sort. I am NOT an expert here so just speculating...

Hi All,

I look delivery this past Saturday (Feb order 19" rims) and wanted to post some pictures of white on black. Overall I am very happy with the car. Only quality issue was some of the flooring material is lose and not fastened down properly and the car did not come with floor mats - they said they will send them in the mail. I can also confirm a 3 second flat 0-60. I also love the yoke. Very odd at first, but becomes fun and something different. The screen/ tech is amazing with absolutely no lag. I have also seen some reviews that the car is "Dated and old looking" I am 25 and I believe it is still one of the best looking sedans on the market. The small changes made to the car makes a HUGE difference in person. With a couple small mods it draws a lot of stares and attention even with the dumpy 19" wheels- being replaced soon. Enjoy and good luck to all

IMG_1833.jpg
IMG_1834.jpg
IMG_1852.jpg
IMG_1872.jpg

Hi All,

I look delivery this past Saturday (Feb order 19" rims) and wanted to post some pictures of white on black. Overall I am very happy with the car. Only quality issue was some of the flooring material is lose and not fastened down properly and the car did not come with floor mats - they said they will send them in the mail. I can also confirm a 3 second flat 0-60. I also love the yoke. Very odd at first, but becomes fun and something different. The screen/ tech is amazing with absolutely no lag. I have also seen some reviews that the car is "Dated and old looking" I am 25 and I believe it is still one of the best looking sedans on the market. The small changes made to the car makes a HUGE difference in person. With a couple small mods it draws a lot of stares and attention even with the dumpy 19" wheels- being replaced soon. Enjoy and good luck to all

View attachment 712620View attachment 712621View attachment 712622View attachment 712623
Beautiful beast. Can you please elaborate on your mods?

Reactions: scrapps
Hi All,

View attachment 712620View attachment 712621View attachment 712622View attachment 712623
Where did you get that spoiler, ebay? Is it a 2020 model spoiler? If so then we have lots of choices to buy. One previous post said Tesla's 2020 spoiler won't fit refresh.

Hi All,

Congrats on the car, I'm 27 and I think it's one of the nicest looking car designs out there. looks like u tinted and smoked out the rear lights too which makes it look even better!

Reactions: cwanja and Danlbrau