Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The people who work for Tesla routinely know less than the people on these forums. I don't even bother to ask anyone. I got into a pleasant "argument" with a service representative about the tires on my 2019 Model S. He had no idea what the T1 tire was and argued that they did not exist (when they were already on three of my wheels). It's not their fault. They are told nothing.
What is T1 Tire?

Interesting... Things changed... USAA required military requirements too. I wonder if they changed. Thanks for clarifying...
USAA might have changed. I bought a M.B. thru their purchase service 8 years ago and had to provide my previous military status. If I recall properly, it's also available to relatives. Not at all sure if it's open to non-military.

Reactions: MEL-22
I actually did that after I made my post. He said that last week, the factory delivered the "wrong' tires, Pirelli Summer, on a few cars, and they got them swapped out for All Season. He assured me that AS will be delivered on mine.
Took delivery today with the Pirellis, with the assurance that my all-season tires are on their way to the Lancaster PA service center (closer to me). They’ll swap them out there.

Last edited:
Took delivery today in Devon PA. It went way smoother than my Model 3 delivery there in 2018. Took all of 30 minutes.
The car was absolutely fine. No odd panel gaps, no paint issues, fit and finish were great. Everything worked fine. Came with floor mats. Trunk cover was the only item missing. They’ll give me a shout when it arrives. They’re shipping the all-season tires to the Lancaster center for me, where I’ll swap out the Pirelli summer tires.

I know there is a lot of frustration with Tesla’s communication or lack thereof. I was frustrated too. And the delays and pushed back dates are agony. But let me say that this car makes it so worth it once you get in! I loved my Model 3 and was really worried I’d miss it. Nope. This is a far better driving experience for me. Hang in there, folks, you’ll be thrilled when that big day finally comes!

I finally get my summers swapped for AS on 9/27. Wonder what they do with the “used” Pirellis?
How do you like the car and the yoke, now that you have had the car for a couple weeks? I usually get over the initial excitement of a new car after about 2 weeks, so some real world feedback is greatly appreciated, especially when driving around on PA roads. Do you still smile/grin when you get in and drive it each day?

Last edited:
Reactions: GrnSqrl
How do you like the car and the yoke, now that you have had the car for a couple weeks? I usually get over the initial excitement of a new car after about 2 weeks, so some real world feedback is greatly appreciated, especially when driving around the PA roads.
The car is an absolute beast and a joy to drive. The yoke is cool, and I have no problem driving with it. I don’t even mind the stalkless turn signals. I’ve had it for almost a month but really only a couple of weeks due to PPF/ceramic/tint service. The ride is smooth and quiet and handling is tremendous. As first time Tesla owner, my learning curve is pretty steep, but it’s fun exploring new things every day.

Took my first road trip this week, and had my first experience at a Supercharger. I’m sure the few cars there before me got a good laugh at the newbie who had to get out of his MS three times to check to see if he was close enough for the cord to reach. Lol.

Highway driving is a blast, again, so smooth and quiet. And the acceleration from 65 to 100 is awesome. It’s over quickly but quite the rush.

Not sure when the excitement will wear off, but for me, there’s no end in sight right now. Hope this helps!

With all the stuff thats going on I think I am going to get a push tomorrow probably. I am a Fremont direct pickup and no VIN yet. EDD moved from 17-30 to 22-30 on the 18th. So I am guessing tomorrow it will either shrink more or move further to next month.
My SA's in Dublin and knows squat or even rarely responds. The email to the delivery team just tells me EDD is estimate only so wait for it. Just poor. I felt like a king when I bought my BMW x7.. just saying.
Whats the typical VIN assignment time for fremont deliveries anyone know.
What did you do with your X7?

I have a question not related to the delivery but about the car. I found there is a loud noise when my MS LR moving in reverse. Not sure whether it should be defined as the "noise" but it is definitely not as quiet as when the car is moving forward.

Previous two Tesla I drove didn't have that sound. I am wondering whether it's the issue on my car or the effects created by Tesla on purpose. If you took the delivery already, can you share whether your car has the loud sound when reversing? Thank you.