Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Config:

Blue/Black LR Model S with 19" Tempest Wheels - Ordered April 12, 2021 - Delivered September 22, 2021.

I didn't see many there, maybe four or five that I noticed, but I didn't walk the lot, so I don't know how many they may have had.
Thanks! Was hoping you were closer to my date. Glad to hear they are still coming to the east coast!!

Reactions: GeeGee
There has been a few discussions about it, calling it specifically what it is. But it is buried in the main thread. I think people just called it a worm to make it...fun? Someone even named theirs, but I think they were just high on excitement for delivery day. Like you said, even other Model S owners have chimed in that they had the same outline on previous year Model S also.
Ah, okay. I missed the posts that talked about it being part of the airbag system. Thanks!

Reactions: cwanja
Just when I thought I am getting it in couple of days I get;

Estimated Delivery: November 02 - November 22

07/17: October
08/01: Blank
08/08: October 31st - November 20th
08/19: November 2nd - November 22nd
08/25: October 28th - November 2nd
09/02: December 6th - December 26th
09/12: September 18-September 30
09/19: September 22-September 30
09/23: November 02-November 22

Just when I thought I am getting it in couple of days I get;

Estimated Delivery: November 02 - November 22

07/17: October
08/01: Blank
08/08: October 31st - November 20th
08/19: November 2nd - November 22nd
08/25: October 28th - November 2nd
09/02: December 6th - December 26th
09/12: September 18-September 30
09/19: September 22-September 30
09/23: November 02-November 22
Same OD and RN number, but white interior. EDD still blank.

Oct > February > Blank > Nov. 28th- Dec. 18th > Blank (as of last Saturday)

Reactions: kipono
We have a 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Plug In Hybrid that comes out of the factory with enough artificially induced noise to wake up the dead when backing up, and when moving forward at less than 15 mph. Mercifully, it was super easy to disable this annoyance by removing a fuse that is dedicated to the noise generator from the fuse box, with no alerts and warnings tied to it. Took all of 5 minutes to return to silent bliss.
Call me crazy, but it seems like a red flag that you're jumping through hoops to disable a safety feature that protects other people from you, just so that you can have some silence.

I'm not trying to attack you here, but like.. read your own post dude.

I agree that it could probably be a bit quieter, but removing it completely makes the car a silent, 5,000lb hazard.

EDIT: I would have 0 complaints if you were asking something like, "how can I remove the seatbelt warning from my car?" Because while I think you should wear a seatbelt, and wouldn't want you to be unsafe, you're within your own rights to remove a safety device that only affects you, ya feel? But your rights end where others' begin.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but it seems like a red flag that you're jumping through hoops to disable a safety feature that protects other people from you, just so that you can have some silence.

I'm not trying to attack you here, but like.. read your own post dude.

I agree that it could probably be a bit quieter, but removing it completely makes the car a silent, 5,000lb hazard.

EDIT: I would have 0 complaints if you were asking something like, "how can I remove the seatbelt warning from my car?" Because while I think you should wear a seatbelt, and wouldn't want you to be unsafe, you're within your own rights to remove a safety device that only affects you, ya feel? But your rights end where others' begin.
I agree with your point, but it is illegal to drive without a seatbelt on. So not technically within your rights.

Reactions: cascadilla
Tuesday EDD was Sep 21-30, Wednesday Sep 24-30 and this morning (Thursday) Sep 25-30

I live only 16 miles from the factory and it appears they are still trying for EOQ delivery but the days for them to actually make it appear to be slipping away since I still don't have a VIN :)
It took me four days from VIN until delivery for LA delivery so you can still get yours. Should be any day now, good luck!

Almost all inventory vehicles are gone this morning (its usually between 50-100 when I look and now at 3). My thoughts is this is the end of quarter push.
I wonder if they "soft" matched these to orders. And it could flood the inventory later today if people decline or whatnot. Going to be shocking if they sit on 50+ refreshed Model S vehicles as the quarter flips.

Tuesday EDD was Sep 21-30, Wednesday Sep 24-30 and this morning (Thursday) Sep 25-30

I live only 16 miles from the factory and it appears they are still trying for EOQ delivery but the days for them to actually make it appear to be slipping away since I still don't have a VIN :)
Mine still Sept 24 to 30, VINless, bay area also.
I guess we have 2 more days, since I recall reading about a 5 day window for us near Fremont factory.

It'll be a minor miracle as the clock keeps counting down. Tick tock

Reactions: brownj