Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD jumped from EOQ to mid-Oct, and now back to EOQ again, Sept 26-30. I am really not ready to take the car yet. I hope I can delay it a few weeks...
Call them now and say that. They’ll never pull you forward, but if you ask them to push you back, it might work. They have plenty of folks waiting for a car stat, which actually works in your favor.

Not that I am obsessive or anything...

August 9: EDD = Blank
August 10: EDD = Oct 11 - Oct 31
August 12: EDD = Sept 22 - Sept 30
August 13: EDD = Sept 11 - Sept 30
August 15: EDD = Sept 06 - Sept 26
August 17: EDD = Sept 04 - Sept 24
August 18: EDD = Sept 19 - Sept 30
August 19: EDD = Sept 18 - Sept 30
August 28: EDD = Sept 10 - Sept 24
September 2: EDD = Sept 18 - Sept 30
September 13: EDD = Oct 15 - Nov 04
September 20: EDD = Oct 04 - Oct 24
My EDD today changed from 11/16/21 – 12/6/21 to 11/30/21 – 12/20/21... Your history of changes is not un-like mine...

Reactions: brownj
I think I know the answer to this based on what I have read from the numerous posts but since this is my first Tesla, I was initially only offered a home delivery option for next week but now the center says I could pick it up at the center this weekend. Based on everything I’ve read from prior posts, I think better to opt for the pick up in person and to give more time to inspect and note defects etc. (hopefully none) with actual real life humans on site versus having to it after the fact via the app (with home delivery).

Also, for those that I’ve done the pick up already, have you been able to inspect the vehicle before giving the cashiers check? I am just going to pay the down payment as the rest is financed through Tesla but certainly would rather not commit all the money upfront if there’s a chance I can see the vehicle before.

Model SLR/black/beige/19/FSD - Orlando

btw, this forum is awesome and appreciate all the good info and laughs.

Reactions: AKay724 and GrnSqrl
I think I know the answer to this based on what I have read from the numerous posts but since this is my first Tesla, I was initially only offered a home delivery option for next week but now the center says I could pick it up at the center this weekend. Based on everything I’ve read from prior posts, I think better to opt for the pick up in person and to give more time to inspect and note defects etc. (hopefully none) with actual real life humans on site versus having to it after the fact via the app (with home delivery).

Also, for those that I’ve done the pick up already, have you been able to inspect the vehicle before giving the cashiers check? I am just going to pay the down payment as the rest is financed through Tesla but certainly would rather not commit all the money upfront if there’s a chance I can see the vehicle before.

Model SLR/black/beige/19/FSD - Orlando

btw, this forum is awesome and appreciate all the good info and laughs.
This is just my personal experience, but when I picked my car up I had to go inside the ghost town of an office at Marina Del Rey and speak with the only employee there. Before I could even see the car I had to accept delivery online at the desk. My payment was made via ACH several days earlier so I can’t speak to handing over a cashiers check, but presumably they’d have wanted it before I could accept delivery.

Then the one employee at the desk helped me pair the car to my Tesla app and sent me on my way. Fobs and card keys were in the car in the parking lot (and weren’t paired to the car by the way, had to take it to a service center to get there done).

I suppose I could have asked to inspect the car, but I didn’t. Once I got it, everything was fine (excellent actually other than the fobs and card keys not being activated), so I can’t speak to how any issues were resolved.

This is just my personal experience, but when I picked my car up I had to go inside the ghost town of an office at Marina Del Rey and speak with the only employee there. Before I could even see the car I had to accept delivery online at the desk. My payment was made via ACH several days earlier so I can’t speak to handing over a cashiers check, but presumably they’d have wanted it before I could accept delivery.

Then the one employee at the desk helped me pair the car to my Tesla app and sent me on my way. Fobs and card keys were in the car in the parking lot (and weren’t paired to the car by the way, had to take it to a service center to get there done).

I suppose I could have asked to inspect the car, but I didn’t. Once I got it, everything was fine (excellent actually other than the fobs and card keys not being activated), so I can’t speak to how any issues were resolved.
I was able to spend as much time as I wanted to inspect and note any defects before I officially “accepted “ the car and gave cashier check. Luckily there was nothing major. The SC employees were great and told me to take as much time ad I wanted to go over the super massive checklist. I’m reality, anything I’ve noticed after taking delivery (again, not much) will be addressed in a service appointment.

As reported, a VIN appeared yesterday with EDD window today through 9/30. This morning the window narrowed to 9/27-30. I interpret this to mean that the car is being transported from Fremont (we're about 2 hours away) to the Rocklin delivery center to be prepped and I'll be given opportunity to schedule pickup next week.

Reactions: Danlbrau and brownj
MS LR, Black, Black, RN1148 VIN 9/23

Funny story... I got my vin yesterday and delivery set for this Saturday when of course I am gone. Called the delivery center and they told me that I could change to pick up for today. Change my plans... waiting on my text to head over to the fremont factory and leave for the weekend.

This morning they call me and tell me that the car still needs to go through inspection and they would be changing delivery to Sunday and they had no idea why they changed my pick up for today. Saturday would have been fine, Sunday would have been fine, Monday is also fine, just don't tell me that it's gonna be Friday and then throw me a psych once I've changed all my plans! I'm not mad, you're mad 🤬

Well I guess that's that, Called a Tesla SA and asked them what was going on with my delivery as I need to switch from Cash payment to Loan and I got a really helpful SA to look at the forecasted system which said Match to VIN in October. Pretty bummed about it but atleast I know I wont be scrambling next week to get insurance and loan approval. Current EDD is Sept 24th to Sept 30th.

I was able to spend as much time as I wanted to inspect and note any defects before I officially “accepted “ the car and gave cashier check. Luckily there was nothing major. The SC employees were great and told me to take as much time ad I wanted to go over the super massive checklist. I’m reality, anything I’ve noticed after taking delivery (again, not much) will be addressed in a service appointment.
I’m sure had I asked to inspect the car before doing the online acceptance they’d have let me. Problem is, I spent 10 minutes behind a guy accepting delivery and while I waited a couple other people got in line behind me. I’m pretty sure had I insisted on inspecting the car it would have been an all day ordeal given the lack of staffing. So I just accepted, drove off and hoped for the best.

I did do a rudimentary walk around before driving off, so if something major was askew, I’d have spent the afternoon trying to get it acknowledged, but that wasn’t necessary. Pristine vehicle so I got lucky.