Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how they account for FSD - it could be some of it is taken as profit now and other of it over X years since it is software; 3-5 years? With wheels though, that is surely booked with its profit as 100% immediately.
Are people able to take out fsd from their order last minute? If they are, then I can see why telsa doesn't see it as a reliable profit compared to wheels or other custom configurations.

Are people able to take out fsd from their order last minute? If they are, then I can see why telsa doesn't see it as a reliable profit compared to wheels or other custom configurations.
What the previous person was saying is that under GAAP accounting the FSD software package is likely not all booked as profit right away. Some of it (probably a lot) is amortized over the next X years as they reasonably expect to provide the related service. Also some of it is a deferred liability as it is not feature complete yet. Not really sure how they account for FSD honestly. For sure it adds less to the bottom line than the $4500 wheels though.

I think that answer to your question is "yes". Perhaps the peeps can confirm. I have another question. Do all new Tesla Model S vehicles come equipped with the necessary hardware to use FSD even if one does not buy FSD up front? So, I buy a Model S today without the FSD option. A year from now, I want to subscribe to the FSD. Is a hardware retrofit going to be required, or does my car have what it needs to use FSD at that time when I subscribe.

I think that answer to your question is "yes". Perhaps the peeps can confirm. I have another question. Do all new Tesla Model S vehicles come equipped with the necessary hardware to use FSD even if one does not buy FSD up front? So, I buy a Model S today without the FSD option. A year from now, I want to subscribe to the FSD. Is a hardware retrofit going to be required, or does my car have what it needs to use FSD at that time when I subscribe.
Yes all vehicles produced currently come with hardware necessary for FSD. Also yes you can remove FSD or add it at any time without effecting the price of your order.

Not 100%, but better than 90% certain all Model S will have HW3 installed. There was no transition period recently between hardware, so you should have the necessary hardware for them to turn it on via a flip of the switch.

Are we certain you can add it without effecting price? I just called Tesla to ask yesterday and they weren't sure.
multiple people have done it recently. The button should be in your account. No promises because Im not costing anyone 10k, but ive seen several people in this forum add or remove it in the last few weeks without effecting their pre-refresh price

Reactions: Danlbrau and cwanja
multiple people have done it recently. The button should be in your account. No promises because Im not costing anyone 10k, but ive seen several people in this forum add or remove it in the last few weeks without effecting their pre-refresh price
As much as I'd love to add it now, I don't think I'll take the risk. Plus, if I buy it now it will count towards vehicle sales tax in my state :/

From Electrek

Elon Musk said that this week will be Tesla’s (TSLA) “most intense delivery week ever” in a new email to employees.

Mine still Sept 27 to 30 but ordered 1 month after you.

If i do get mine at EOQ, hope the doors don't fall off on the way home.
Ha don’t joke. When we picked up X, the driver seat came totally unbolted on way home. Literally fell apart and separated from car.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
The only reason I can think to buy FSD is that eventually there will be a class action lawsuit and Tesla will be required to refund all or most of the money for its FSD scam. It's pretty sad to see people paying for this trash.
Honestly I hope they bring Enhanced Autopilot back. That's all I really want. I have a narrow garage and used summon and the lane changing pretty often.

Have (had) an appointment for delivery tomorrow at noon; even got a text message this morning asking me to text back 'YES' if i intended to keep the appointment and asking me to finish the payment and document details. Then at 1:45 got the following:

"Tesla Update: We expected to receive your car in time for your delivery tomorrow but unfortunately we have not received it at our location yet. You are tentatively scheduled for your delivery on 9/30/21. We will contact you with further notice once your vehicle has arrive. Thank you for your patience and continued support with Tesla. We hope to get you into your Tesla soon!"

I reached out to Tesla last week to schedule on Tuesday so that could organize my week, they said 'no problem'. I have surgeries and patients scheduled Wednesday and Thursday, really don't want to take delivery in the dark on Thursday.

I am so over Tesla prioritizing EOQ deliveries to satisfy Wall Street instead of focusing on their customers.

My account just updated with a vin for the MSLR refresh! I'm in Los Angeles, how long does it typically take to go from vin to delivery? Been waiting since April!
Well... after weeks of slightly narrowing EDD as of this morning I had no VIN. Our second car got totaled in April (not our fault - a provisional driver blew through a stop sign). As a result we've had only 1 car for 6 months so I'm always refreshing my account hoping for a miracle as getting 3 kids to soccer practices in different locations and only 1 car is a challenge. As a result I happen to know I got my VIN around 10 am.

I had to do a wire transfer as my bank isn't supported on Plaid (for anyone wondering how to do that it's buried on the last page of the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). 3 hours later it was marked as fully paid in my online account and 1 hour later I called and spoke to someone who contacted the Fremont Delivery center. After about 30 minutes it said online it would be delivered today so I frantically chatted online with my insurance company to add the new car and e-signed the online paperwork. 30 minutes ago (3:30 pm) I got a text from Tesla confirming they plan to deliver the car to my house today by 6:00 pm. I know I'm only 20 miles from the factory but still I'm shocked at going from hold, hold, hold, refresh account status many times a day to delivery on the same day. I will be absolutely shocked if they turn it around from no VIN to my driveway within the same day - would that be a record on this thread?

Well... after weeks of slightly narrowing EDD as of this morning I had no VIN. Our second car got totaled in April (not our fault - a provisional driver blew through a stop sign). As a result we've had only 1 car for 6 months so I'm always refreshing my account hoping for a miracle as getting 3 kids to soccer practices in different locations and only 1 car is a challenge. As a result I happen to know I got my VIN around 10 am.

I had to do a wire transfer as my bank isn't supported on Plaid (for anyone wondering how to do that it's buried on the last page of the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). 3 hours later it was marked as fully paid in my online account and 1 hour later I called and spoke to someone who contacted the Fremont Delivery center. After about 30 minutes it said online it would be delivered today so I frantically chatted online with my insurance company to add the new car and e-signed the online paperwork. 30 minutes ago (3:30 pm) I got a text from Tesla confirming they plan to deliver the car to my house today by 6:00 pm. I know I'm only 20 miles from the factory but still I'm shocked at going from hold, hold, hold, refresh account status many times a day to delivery on the same day. I will be absolutely shocked if they turn it around from no VIN to my driveway within the same day - would that be a record on this thread?
Exciting day! I hope you get the car! Can you keep us posted?

Reactions: brownj
Picked up my inventory order from Stockton yesterday. My appt was at 1, I went at 10 when they opened just to see if I could slide in there early. They were washing my car and by 10:20, it was pulled around to the front. I was stalking it and a guy came out and asked if I liked it. I told him "I hope so, I bough it" and he laughed and said "well, let's get you in it and outta here". I did a couple more walk-arounds, didn't see any panel gaps or paint issues so I took delivery. I'm in love with this car.

Wow, that's all I can say! If this thing is this fast, I can't imagine driving a Plaid. It makes me feel weird when I punch it. The 7-hour drive from Stockton was awesome. Only 2 stops (30 mins) and I was home. Got a LOT of attention at the Kettleman charging station.

Only issues were the inside needed to be vacuumed, which is weird cause I saw them cleaning it. And I have some weird paint speckle in my drivers side back seat.

Attachments

• 47A34389-C0A9-42A6-AB2B-5E2AB521C3FB.jpeg
    47A34389-C0A9-42A6-AB2B-5E2AB521C3FB.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 750A1FC7-4782-4F26-8709-F3C5A95348C7.jpeg
    750A1FC7-4782-4F26-8709-F3C5A95348C7.jpeg
    551.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 61A1C89F-FD33-4BAF-9F20-10ADEE858790.jpeg
    61A1C89F-FD33-4BAF-9F20-10ADEE858790.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 61
  • 6823E51C-9CF8-42EC-A596-4CF3E7BF5461.jpeg
    6823E51C-9CF8-42EC-A596-4CF3E7BF5461.jpeg