Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my inventory order from Stockton yesterday. My appt was at 1, I went at 10 when they opened just to see if I could slide in there early. They were washing my car and by 10:20, it was pulled around to the front. I was stalking it and a guy came out and asked if I liked it. I told him "I hope so, I bough it" and he laughed and said "well, let's get you in it and outta here". I did a couple more walk-arounds, didn't see any panel gaps or paint issues so I took delivery. I'm in love with this car.

Wow, that's all I can say! If this thing is this fast, I can't imagine driving a Plaid. It makes me feel weird when I punch it. The 7-hour drive from Stockton was awesome. Only 2 stops (30 mins) and I was home. Got a LOT of attention at the Kettleman charging station.

Only issues were the inside needed to be vacuumed, which is weird cause I saw them cleaning it. And I have some weird paint speckle in my drivers side back seat.
Beautiful post; I'm very happy for you. The photos are super. Enjoy the beauty!

Yes all vehicles produced currently come with hardware necessary for FSD. Also yes you can remove FSD or add it at any time without effecting the price of your order.
depends on if they upgrade the hardware for newer versions of FSD. buying the 10k version and not the subscription version entitles you to the hardware upgrades as well from what I understand. eh, I want the cheap tricks and the highway lane changing which is why I'm getting it. people saying it's trash amaze me. people say it's too expensive amaze me. you're already buying a $80k+ car. what's another 10k to say look, my car can come to me in the parking lot lol. to me the trick is worth it. :) (and yes I'm getting a LR, but mostly because I don't trust myself with a Plaid hah)

depends on if they upgrade the hardware for newer versions of FSD. buying the 10k version and not the subscription version entitles you to the hardware upgrades as well from what I understand. eh, I want the cheap tricks and the highway lane changing which is why I'm getting it. people saying it's trash amaze me. people say it's too expensive amaze me. you're already buying a $80k+ car. what's another 10k to say look, my car can come to me in the parking lot lol. to me the trick is worth it. :) (and yes I'm getting a LR, but mostly because I don't trust myself with a Plaid hah)
Completely agree!

Wasn’t this a recent issue and Tesla charged car owners for new hardware that was needed? I may be remembering this slightly wrong but pretty sure they wanted to charge $2500 for the required hardware upgrade and people raised a fuss and they dropped the price to $1500.

Nothing is guaranteed IMO. I’m taking my chances and waiting or will do the subscription service as needed. As it stands now I think would rarely if ever need/use FSD. Now Autopilot or maybe an enhanced autopilot if FSD actually gets better Sure. I could see myself doing a road trip and activating the monthly for a month or so….that’s my .02. Obviously everyone’s situation is different though.

Yep put down for all of those reasons. 🤪

Personally I’m more in the camp that 10k is too much for a party trick but if I had money to blow I would buy it lol. Buying the car itself is as much as I’m willing to stretch myself.

Well... after weeks of slightly narrowing EDD as of this morning I had no VIN. Our second car got totaled in April (not our fault - a provisional driver blew through a stop sign). As a result we've had only 1 car for 6 months so I'm always refreshing my account hoping for a miracle as getting 3 kids to soccer practices in different locations and only 1 car is a challenge. As a result I happen to know I got my VIN around 10 am.

I had to do a wire transfer as my bank isn't supported on Plaid (for anyone wondering how to do that it's buried on the last page of the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement). 3 hours later it was marked as fully paid in my online account and 1 hour later I called and spoke to someone who contacted the Fremont Delivery center. After about 30 minutes it said online it would be delivered today so I frantically chatted online with my insurance company to add the new car and e-signed the online paperwork. 30 minutes ago (3:30 pm) I got a text from Tesla confirming they plan to deliver the car to my house today by 6:00 pm. I know I'm only 20 miles from the factory but still I'm shocked at going from hold, hold, hold, refresh account status many times a day to delivery on the same day. I will be absolutely shocked if they turn it around from no VIN to my driveway within the same day - would that be a record on this thread?
Close. But I got a VIN, paid for my car, and they offered to deliver it to me all within a span of 12 hours!

It has arrived! Spent all day playing with it.

Amazing car, but a couple issues:

1. Rattle from rear / right. This one’s annoying, so I’m definitely going to get it fixed
2. Distortion on the bottom 2” of the rear windshield, and back 1” of the driver side window (driver side window distortion is much harder to see, so I don’t really care if they fix it).
3. Missing one cover for the trunk, and the privacy shelf; they’ll let me know when they have it
4. Worm on yoke - legitimately barely ever notice this. Only if I look for it.
5. Fold flat seats aren’t perfectly lined up; cry me a river. Leaps and bounds better than my old Acura in this area.
6. Some rubbing / noise when turning sharply in a parking lot. It feels like it’s because the components are new, and has already improved over the course of today. I’ll monitor it.

Lots of stuff that’s been pointed out in videos was a non issue on mine. For example: squeaky mirrors. The ends of the trim around the frunk is actually attached to the car. Interior pillar alignment. Door alignment beats many pics I’ve seen. No clearly visible paint issues. Feel free to correct me if you see anything in the pics.

Super fast car. Battery usage seems alright so far, but I’ll keep an eye on it on a long drive. FSD is great in this area (pre beta, no button yet). Really fun to drive! Delivery was really smooth.

Yoke: you really don’t know if you’ll like it till you use it. I haven’t had the accidental button press issue yet, but it is a bit annoying when in a parallel park situation when combined with the shifter. However, aside from this one instance over the course of today, it was great. So, my judgement is, objectively worse, but not actually a big deal.

Hope you all get your cars soon!!

9EC89A14-312A-4978-A670-CCED8CF2CC13.jpeg
18F3D20D-DA8C-48A9-9A40-ACACDE44377C.jpeg
A8BB5C6D-F591-4BB7-A239-EE827EC8A3D3.jpeg
E3C8902B-6A42-457D-9429-9B9EF732B25C.jpeg

1. Rattle from rear / right. This one’s annoying, so I’m definitely going to get it fixed
2. Distortion on the bottom 2” of the rear windshield, and back 1” of the driver side window (driver side window distortion is much harder to see, so I don’t really care if they fix it).
3. Missing one cover for the trunk, and the privacy shelf; they’ll let me know when they have it
5. Fold flat seats aren’t perfectly lined up; cry me a river. Leaps and bounds better than my old Acura in this area.
6. Some rubbing / noise when turning sharply in a parking lot. It feels like it’s because the components are new, and has already improved over the course of today. I’ll monitor it.

Lots of stuff that’s been pointed out in videos was a non issue on mine. For example: squeaky mirrors. The ends of the trim around the frunk is actually attached to the car. Interior pillar alignment. Door alignment beats many pics I’ve seen. No clearly visible paint issues. Feel free to correct me if you see anything in the pics.

Super fast car. Battery usage seems alright so far, but I’ll keep an eye on it on a long drive. FSD is great in this area (pre beta, no button yet). Really fun to drive! Delivery was really smooth.

Yoke: you really don’t know if you’ll like it till you use it. I haven’t had the accidental button press issue yet, but it is a bit annoying when in a parallel park situation when combined with the shifter. However, aside from this one instance over the course of today, it was great. So, my judgement is, objectively worse, but not actually a big deal.

View attachment 715226View attachment 715228View attachment 715229View attachment 715230
Nice post, thanks. Pix are superb. Enjoy...

View attachment 715226View attachment 715228View attachment 715229View attachment 715230
Ok, same config as you. I am on the other coast. @3pm EDD narrowed to Sept 29 to 30. @4:30pm...could not believe it! Got a VIN! Payment done. Just waiting on delivery, 25mi away from fremont, hope they deliver.

Congrats!! That red just pops so much. I love it. Appreciate the feedback you provided. Can't wait to return the favor when we get ours.

Reactions: cascadilla
Picked up my inventory order from Stockton yesterday. My appt was at 1, I went at 10 when they opened just to see if I could slide in there early. They were washing my car and by 10:20, it was pulled around to the front. I was stalking it and a guy came out and asked if I liked it. I told him "I hope so, I bough it" and he laughed and said "well, let's get you in it and outta here". I did a couple more walk-arounds, didn't see any panel gaps or paint issues so I took delivery. I'm in love with this car.

Wow, that's all I can say! If this thing is this fast, I can't imagine driving a Plaid. It makes me feel weird when I punch it. The 7-hour drive from Stockton was awesome. Only 2 stops (30 mins) and I was home. Got a LOT of attention at the Kettleman charging station.

Only issues were the inside needed to be vacuumed, which is weird cause I saw them cleaning it. And I have some weird paint speckle in my drivers side back seat.
love the license plate!

Reactions: Mrhpsn
Ive had my MSLR now for 5 days now. Im VERY happy. This car is worth the wait people. Im NOT disappointed at all, and this is my first TESLA and first EV. Two questions: What type of charging cords do the 2 ports in the center console and the 2 in the rear center console take? Gotta get something to charge kids IPADS on long trips. AND what happened to karaoke? Its not available in audio sources and kids were looking forward to it. Thanks all

Ive had my MSLR now for 5 days now. Im VERY happy. This car is worth the wait people. Im NOT disappointed at all, and this is my first TESLA and first EV. Two questions: What type of charging cords do the 2 ports in the center console and the 2 in the rear center console take? Gotta get something to charge kids IPADS on long trips. AND what happened to karaoke? Its not available in audio sources and kids were looking forward to it. Thanks all
I don't current own a Tesla so a little fuzzy but I think "Caraoke" is under entertainment

How many of you with pre-refresh MS also notice some warping in the bottom of the rear window? I see this on my 75D, but after 3 years of use, I didn’t notice it until mentioned here. Maybe mine is milder than what people have found on their refresh models
Folks have mentioned it in the refresh issues thread, it seems widespread. Maybe it’s “within spec”, in which case I should leave it be.

You mean the usb-c / thunderbolt ports? Basically any usb-c cable.

Reactions: Robotpedlr
I do not have my new S yet, but I am fairly certain it's this type...thunderbolt. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin-2-6-thunderbolt-cable-black/6345163.p?skuId=6345163